Speculation: The best Avalanche player next season?

Who will be the best Avs player this season?

• Total voters

Murzu

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2013
Finland
I'm having hard time figuring out who will be the best Av in the upcoming season. I'm leaning towards Makar even though MacK is the second best center in the league. Mikko is also capable of outscoring MacKinnon so he should at least be an option in the poll.

Voted Makar but it's super close.

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
It's between MacK and Makar. I think it's still MacK but wouldn't be surprised if it's Makar.

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
I think we’ve seen the best of MacKinnon, but don’t think the same of Makar. An 80+ point season for Makar will be more impressive than MacKinnon breaking 100.

Murzu

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2013
Finland
MacKinnon six votes and Rantanen four, that's surprising. Would Rantanen get 40% of the votes if the options were only Mikko n MacK?

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
I thought the big three were all pretty much on par with one another last season, so it wouldn’t surprise me if it was any of them.

At the end of the playoffs I think it said it would be Makar this season, so I guess I’ll stick with that. It seems like MacKinnon’s stock has dropped a bit for some reason, so I wouldn’t be surprised if he had a monster year.

It’s hard to compare forwards and defenceman. Like what’s better? A 100 point forward with great play driving, or a 75 point defenceman with good defence and great play driving?

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Realistically, if it isn't Makar this year, it will be Makar next year. My bold statement, if it ends up being Rantanen it is problematic.

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015
Could be anyone from the top guys. Rantanen was the best last season and who knows if Makar stays healthy.

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012
Our team is a collective of absolute champions. Every piece adds to the well oiled machine that is us. One part can't function without the other parts. That's what sets Colorado apart from the other teams. There isn't one player I'd swap out for another player in their respective positions. So the best player for us is the following (and in no order):

Top 6: Rantanen, Newhook, Burakovsky, Kadri, Landeskog & Mackinnon
Bottom 6: Maltzev, Compher, Jost, Nichushkin, Helm, O'Connor, MacDermid, Kaut, Bowers
Defense: Johnson, Girard, Murray, Byram, MacDonald, Toews, Makar
Gialies: Francouz, Kuemper, Johnansson

Reactions: Rumplesnipeskin

Murzu

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2013
Finland
Realistically, if it isn't Makar this year, it will be Makar next year. My bold statement, if it ends up being Rantanen it is problematic.

Unless Rantanen scores at that absurd pace of 130-140 points like he did two or three years ago. Then we might be fine :sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00