The Belmont Arena: Shovels and Lawsuits, a Long Island Tale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big L

Grandpa’s Cough Medicine is 180 Proof
Feb 7, 2013
CT
Damn, that’s A LOT of sand they had to remove out of that hole.

Reactions: Rengi

Lame Lambert

Fire Lou
Mar 5, 2015
99a.gif

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Floral Park’s application for a temporary stop work order. DISMISSED. Full steam ahead!

Last edited:
Reactions: Rengi

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Last edited by a moderator:

The Lighthouse

Aug 1, 2011
No. I jumped the gun on that. Will correct.

Got it. Still very good news. If I'm the plaintiffs, this is the start of some frank discussions regarding the amount of money necessary to proceed and the low chance of bringing this to a halt. I start thinking about reaching some sort of settlement to save face and maybe extract a few concessions for the constituents.

Reactions: doublechili

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Got it. Still very good news. If I'm the plaintiffs, this is the start of some frank discussions regarding the amount of money necessary to proceed and the low chance of bringing this to a halt. I start thinking about reaching some sort of settlement to save face and maybe extract a few concessions for the constituents.
The complainants will soon be at the point where their settlement will be a gift card to Garden World.

Floral Park should have climbed on board from the start.

Reactions: The Lighthouse

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
I start thinking about reaching some sort of settlement to save face and maybe extract a few concessions for the constituents.
This is what this is about. They're not going to win. They (local govt officials and community group leaders) just want to be able to tell their constituents that they fought for them and stood up to the state and the developers and maybe even get some concession.

Reactions: The Lighthouse
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad