The Belmont Arena: Shovels and Lawsuits, a Long Island Tale

Status
Not open for further replies.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Interesting that the final approval is 19k seats, wasn’t it originally pitched at around 23k? Where are we going to find these fans?
I guess we're gonna have to go on the street and beg people to walk in.:sarcasm:

Volek25

Apr 23, 2007
St. Louis, MO
Surprised this story didn't make much headlines compared to the previous approval from the state board, which was all over the news - I even saw that on the ESPN bottom ticker. I thought this FOB approval was also a key hurdle to clear in order to get shovels in the ground???

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Surprised this story didn't make much headlines compared to the previous approval from the state board, which was all over the news - I even saw that on the ESPN bottom ticker. I thought this FOB approval was also a key hurdle to clear in order to get shovels in the ground???

I think this last one was more of a formality than a concern, and it didn't involve the public as much so I'm not too surprised.

Reactions: Volek25

IslesCLT

Apr 25, 2019
Charlotte
Lets just hope over the next year or two we can actually acquire some elite talent to attract fans otherwise imagine how embarrassing it will be with this fanbase when that beautiful brand new 19,000 seat arena has 9,000-11,000 people there on an average weeknight.

do you intentionally look for ways to shit on everything?

IslesCLT

Apr 25, 2019
Charlotte
Isn't most of the increase in capacity at the suite level? So it'll be more in line of 14k regular seats and 4k suites?

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005
Lets just hope over the next year or two we can actually acquire some elite talent to attract fans otherwise imagine how embarrassing it will be with this fanbase when that beautiful brand new 19,000 seat arena has 9,000-11,000 people there on an average weeknight.
Well we have you as a fan. Can it really get anymore embarrassing than that?

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
do you intentionally look for ways to **** on everything?

I know what you're saying, but in this instance he's right. There's been a chicken/egg argument about attendance and the team being good going on for a long time, if we finally fix the arena issue and the team is in the playoffs but doesn't sell out consistently...that won't be good.

Who here thinks the Isles can consistently fill 17,139? I don't. I'd rather pack 14,500 than 3/4 sell 17,00 . . . .

Either way I'm excited and thrilled!

I know we've talked about this before, but there's no way a brand new arena would seat that few. The idea is to grow the fan base, not manipulate sellouts by having less seating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad