Post-Game Talk: The Bear eats cookies in Newark: BRUINS WIN 3-1

Lobster57

Nov 22, 2006
Victoria, BC
I haven't posted as much because the B's schedule and mine have not lined up very well this year. I've missed so many games, or only caught the last 10 minutes of the 3rd so many times this year. But if that has somehow caused the success they've had, i'll take it

Reactions: NDiesel

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
They continue to give up breakaways and constant 2 on 1 chances…and Ullmark continues to bail em out. It’s shocking that after this many games it really hasn’t bit them in the ass yet.

Despite the horrid stick handling and passing again, it was nice to see them fight through it and get a good win.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
I noticed the short threads even when they lose but not this short. I think collectively people know this team is awesome but I would almost like to see what would happen with a 3 game losing streak.

I also know of at least two other places have popped up for people to talk Bruins hockey.
To be honest there’s not a ton to say. Team has chemistry, getting balanced scoring, great goaltending and continually find ways to win even when not playing at their top. Keep healthy and enjoy the fact that when teams will be scrapping to eke out points to get in PO’s we can be fine tuning. At this point I’m not sure what we add at TDL.

Sign Pasta and convince Bergie and Krech to re-up for another year or two is all I have.

For this year? Steady as she goes, baby.

FONZIE

AYYYYYY!!!!
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
Moved to Wisconsin
It blows my mind that this team has three of the top 9 all time Bruins point producers :banana:
Screenshot 2022-12-29 133231.png

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
To be honest there’s not a ton to say. Team has chemistry, getting balanced scoring, great goaltending and continually find ways to win even when not playing at their top. Keep healthy and enjoy the fact that when teams will be scrapping to eke out points to get in PO’s we can be fine tuning. At this point I’m not sure what we add at TDL.

Sign Pasta and convince Bergie and Krech to re-up for another year or two is all I have.

I agree with this, but in prior years the ultra positive posters were maligned (by me included) for not seeing the issues and some of the negative posters were continually slamming everything. Now, when the team is clearly the best in the league, the people that are ultra positive aren't running around puffing their chest out. I would hope when the going gets rocky (I'm sure it will at some point) we don't have 15 pages of complaints after every loss.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
I noticed the short threads even when they lose but not this short. I think collectively people know this team is awesome but I would almost like to see what would happen with a 3 game losing streak.

I also know of at least two other places have popped up for people to talk Bruins hockey.
Have to admit I have been on one ,still pop in once in awhile,I think some of the non hockey related topics have turned me off ,for various reasons,but have some posters I really enjoy reading what they have to say ,and have vowed to stay off the non hockey topics from now on Lol, anyway hey the team keeps finding ways to win ,can look terrible and sloppy at times ,goaltending has been incredible especially Ullmark he holds the Fort until the rest of the team finds their next gear.Just enjoying the ride ,I hope they can add something at the trade deadline, really think they should go all in to make another cup run.

Reactions: BMC and LouJersey

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
I don't like the way they are handling Holtz. He could be that guy in the future but they are keeping him up here instead of letting him play big minutes in the A. He was superb last year, but playing is better than not playing.

They really do need a true number one goalie.
agree and agree. devs should trade a 1st + maybe gritsyuk + blackwood to get gibson from anaheim.
think he would thrive on a good team. ducks could always not qualify blackwood and remove his contract
this summer if they chose to.

Reactions: LouJersey

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
I agree with this, but in prior years the ultra positive posters were maligned (by me included) for not seeing the issues and some of the negative posters were continually slamming everything. Now, when the team is clearly the best in the league, the people that are ultra positive aren't running around puffing their chest out. I would hope when the going gets rocky (I'm sure it will at some point) we don't have 15 pages of complaints after every loss.
I agree completely. I’m waiting for someone to look at our +57 GD and say that it doensn’t mean anything because things get tighter in the PO’s. :laugh:

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
I agree completely. I’m waiting for someone to look at our +57 GD and say that it doensn’t mean anything because things get tighter in the PO’s. :laugh:
Grizz is still too small to be an NHL regular, too, and a big part of the reason the defense is baby shit soft.

hrdpuk

Fossa
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2017
Kentucky
Bring back reilley at least he hits. Trade Carlo he's big and doesn't fight . Swayman is the number 1 goalie ,trade Ullmark for cap space. Sweeney sucks. Trade Bergeron and Krejci while they're still worth something . At least we have superb ice . And bring back MM we could use a psycho

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB

Add help on backend .Meanness if it can be gotten.

Reactions: bme44 and BMC

BradMarchandismydad

Nov 22, 2016
Boston
Bring back reilley at least he hits. Trade Carlo he's big and doesn't fight . Swayman is the number 1 goalie ,trade Ullmark for cap space. Sweeney sucks. Trade Bergeron and Krejci while they're still worth something . At least we have superb ice . And bring back MM we could use a psycho

You’re giving me agita

Reactions: CDJ

Bradely

Sep 17, 2021
It blows my mind that this team has three of the top 9 all time Bruins point producers :banana:View attachment 627783
Bobby Orr at + 574 in 631 games!!!!!
+
888 PTS in 631 games!!!!!

All this with top minutes ..... playing defence!!!
That is what I call dominating + being a giant playing with kids in a world most defence were not crossing the red line or the Offensive blue line. He invented the way to play defence.....

Alot say that he was and still is the best hockey player to play the game.... those stats are not proving the contrary. Just WOW

Reactions: BTO and Gordoff

danpantz

Mar 31, 2013
Bobby Orr at + 574 in 631 games!!!!!
+
888 PTS in 631 games!!!!!

All this with top minutes ..... playing defence!!!
That is what I call dominating + being a giant playing with kids in a world most defence were not crossing the red line or the Offensive blue line. He invented the way to play defence.....

Alot say that he was and still is the best hockey player to play the game.... those stats are not proving the contrary. Just WOW

I remember watching footage of Orr a couple years back on youtube. Think they were playing the leafs. He had the puck on his stick the entire game. Just skating by guys left and right. Circling the entire offensive zone.

Looked like he was playing boys skating in quicksand.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bradely and Gordoff

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ

I have no desire to find that out, if we're being honest.

Honestly, I haven't posted in a while, but have come back because the positivity is refreshing!
Well, to be fair, there's not really all that much to be negative about!

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
First day here? :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad