Rumor: The battle for Tarasenko is heating up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lindberg Cheese

Apr 28, 2013
Cambodia
Part of the Devils’ offer will be absorbing Tarasenko’s full contract. That, plus a mid-round pick and a prospect. We can throw conditions on the pick, too.

Very few teams have the roster/cap space to take on the contract’s full value.
I don’t see how NJD would lose out to anyone on this if he agrees to go

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
I have already said center is not a need.
Eichel would be a nice add, but since the isles already have Barzal and other teams don't have a 1C, it wouldn't be surprising to see the isles outbid.
I would want them to make their best offer and hope it's accepted.

Eichel is 24 and would be considered a long term addition to the isles core. Taransenko is 29. Big difference when looking at which one I would want on a long term deal.

If we trade for Eichel I would either trade Nelson or move Nelson to LW(like he did at the world championships when he and Eichel played together) and Trade somebody like Beauvillier or Bailey

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
If we trade for Eichel I would either trade Nelson or move Nelson to LW(like he did at the world championships when he and Eichel played together) and Trade somebody like Beauvillier or Bailey
Among Nelson, Beau and Bailey,I would want to move Bailey. He hasn't played center in yrs and is about 6 yrs older than Beau.

I think in the end, Buffalo moves Eichel out west. I don't think their owner will want him facing off against them in the East or for Sabre fans to have the constant reminder of the young star they failed to build around.

Reactions: Moose and Squirrel

Buck Dancer

Jul 13, 2021
Honestly I want nothing to do with Tarasenko.

The shoulder injury is a major concern as well as his contract. Unless we are getting him at a severe discount, it isn't something that I am that interested in

I read recent speculation from Bleacher Report that the Devils could be allegedly interested in giving up Sharangovich or Kuokkanen to get Tarasenko

Under no circumstances should we be doing something as boneheaded as that. If that's the ask, the Rangers or Islanders can have his services.

We have a surplus of youngsters and even if I wouldn’t want to move Sharangovich, mainly because he’s our only option at wing who has a shoot first mentality, but Kuokkanen, I wouldn’t mind at all.

We’re trying to upgrade this team and Tarasenko does just that. At some point, we’ll have to move prospects/kids for proven commodities if we want to get out of the basement.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Among Nelson, Beau and Bailey,I would want to move Bailey. He hasn't played center in yrs and is about 6 yrs older than Beau.

Only reason I add Beau is because I am guessing if we traded for Eichel, of the 3 guys mentioned Beau would hold the most value to them. Normally I wouldn't want to Trade Beau but Eichel is sort of an exception(assuming he is healthy). A 1-2 Punch of Barzal-Eichel might be better than stacking the top line with all our best forwards(ie trading for a RW)

Reactions: goal1228

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
I don’t see how NJD would lose out to anyone on this if he agrees to go

We won’t.

The “stalemate” is Armstrong waiting for other offers. Accepting New Jersey’s offer—which I’m sure is unimpressive—without, at the very least, optics of deliberation and “exhausting all options” would be tough to wear as GM.

But he probably won’t have a choice.

(Assuming, of course, that Tank/STL is scorched-earth territory. If the relationship is salvageable, there’s no reason to trade him for peanuts.)

Moose and Squirrel

Jan 15, 2021
I guess the battle wasn’t nearly as hot as it was made out to be. It was lukewarm at best.

HockeyBuzz.com - Eklund - Tarasenko. Who in the New York Metro Area is closest to landing him? Buzz@1

According to multiple sources the three teams with the most interest in Tarasenko are the three NY Metro Area teams. Mainly the Islanders and the Devils. The Rangers are more focused on the Eichel trade, and most feel they will likely miss out on Tarasenko in the process...

It sounds like the Devils, who are being ultra aggressive, are leading the way right now, while the Islanders are involved as well, but I keep hearing that Lou Lamoriello has another big name he is trying to trade for...not names Eichel or Tarasenko...

ymmv

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
i already know that Tarasenko blames the blues doctors for his continued issue with his shoulder. but you cant deny that Armstrong has been trting to move on from Tarasenko REGARDLESS of any trade request. want proof ? leaving him exposed in the expansion draft. That my fried is not a trade and allowed him to circumvent his NTC

I dont want any part of Tarasenko for the same reason Armstrong doesnt want him, 7.5 M cap dollars is alot to pay for a guywho has a surgically repaired shoulder, that no one, not even Tarasenko himself knows if it can stand up to the rigors of an NHL SEASON.

If you in your heart of hearts really believe it can ten good on you. Keep him and reap the rewards of your faith, you deserve it. but I go by actions, by leaving Tarasenko unprotected and Trading for Buchnevich, that tells me that Armstrong knew well before the rade request that he wanted to move on.

as soon as you accept that basic fact. you understand why I and others want no part of Tarasenko. this is not preinjury Tarasenko. this is a 7.5M unknown. The Devils as a non contender with a ton of cap space can Afford to take that risk in the hopes of advancing their timeline, but the Isles cannot and Should not. end of story

I know about 15 people have outlined this to you on multiple occasions. But Tarasenko requested a trade shortly after the season ended. You’re creating a narrative based off of fiction.

You personally as a fan want no part of Tarasenko? Fine, completely understandable. But if you’re going to keep suggesting that you understand why a GM of the team he is currently under contract on wants to move him, maybe instead of creating your own narrative get the information from the horses mouth directly? I get that FOs and agents/reporters sometimes fabricate things a bit to push a narrative. But I don’t exactly see any refuting from either side that this is truthful.

Reactions: HipsCzech

hockeyisles

Jul 29, 2021
I know about 15 people have outlined this to you on multiple occasions. But Tarasenko requested a trade shortly after the season ended. You’re creating a narrative based off of fiction.

You personally as a fan want no part of Tarasenko? Fine, completely understandable. But if you’re going to keep suggesting that you understand why a GM of the team he is currently under contract on wants to move him, maybe instead of creating your own narrative get the information from the horses mouth directly? I get that FOs and agents/reporters sometimes fabricate things a bit to push a narrative. But I don’t exactly see any refuting from either side that this is truthful.
whether or not he asked for a trade on what date is immaterial. the fact is youre not trading a pre-injury Tarasenko and Leaving Tarasenko exposed was not doing as he requested. namely trading him. Tarasenko has a no trade clause which gives him the right to accept or deny a trade to a destination of his choosing.

youre trying to misconstrue the facts, you know it and I know it.youd have a case if Armstrong protected Tarasenko. but he didnt that tells anyone with a brain what the truth is.

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
whether or not he asked for a trade on what date is immaterial. the fact is youre not trading a pre-injury Tarasenko and Leaving Tarasenko exposed was not doing as he requested. namely trading him. Tarasenko has a no trade clause which gives him the right to accept or deny a trade to a destination of his choosing.

youre trying to misconstrue the facts, you know it and I know it.youd have a case if Armstrong protected Tarasenko. but he didnt that tells anyone with a brain what the truth is.

Nobody is trying to sell Tarasenko as pre-injury Tarasenko. The return on a 35-40 goal scorer being centered by Jori freaking Lehtera would be astronomical.

You are right he was exposed but exposing him was a win-win. Him being exposed doesn’t mean he has no value especially now post ED. It’s just that the Blues FO was fine losing him and his contract to keep Vince Dunn.

Unfortunately we lost Dunn, and any use for the cap space we had (make a run at Landeskog etc.) has passed and Tarasenkos contract isn’t really limiting the Blues from doing anything at this point in time any more. So why exactly dump him, retain salary, or take back returns you don’t like when it’s reported that your former franchise player is finally healthy albeit not happy?

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014

Let's talk about facts. How do you know Tarasenko wasn't completely on board with being left unprotected in the draft? Do you know for sure that Army blindsided him with this? One of his best friends on the Blues (Schwartz) ended up signing there, and it is entirely possible that he was on board with being claimed. You want to talk about facts, but you're perfectly fine with blasting out your own speculations, just not with anyone else doing it. Not a good look if you're actually here for an honest discussion.

Reactions: HipsCzech

rumrokh

THORBS
Mar 10, 2006
you're allowed to not want tarasenko on the isles and frankly, no one cares

stop mixing up all the facts about tarasenko's situation and your point won't get drowned out by the wrong you post

Unfortunately, you aren't dealing with a person who actually has a point. They got caught being ignorant and, instead of owning up to it, they're flailing, grasping for anything nearby that's plausible to float on.

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
We have a surplus of youngsters and even if I wouldn’t want to move Sharangovich, mainly because he’s our only option at wing who has a shoot first mentality, but Kuokkanen, I wouldn’t mind at all.

We’re trying to upgrade this team and Tarasenko does just that. At some point, we’ll have to move prospects/kids for proven commodities if we want to get out of the basement.
I think the Devils would be foolish to move Sharangovich for Tarasenko 1-for-1, but I could see that happening if the Blues add. Something along the lines of the RFA rights to Sanford + Tarasenko for YS would be fairer as far as I'm concerned, but I wouldn't blame Devils fans if they didn't agree. I think if you're talking Kuokkanen, then you probably are talking a 1-for-1 deal and maybe even a conditional pick from the Devils if Tarasenko reaches certain games played or goals scored milestones.

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007

I guess the jig is up, you've solved it.

Prior to this thread being started all of us got together at a secret meeting for the sole intention of coming up with a diabolical plot to pawn Tarasenko off on the Islanders via HFBoards. Doug Armstrong was never in the room but his proxy approved and even helped plan the whole thing.

Great work Nancy Drew.

Also I think it's possible you're wearing your pants a little too tight, go with a stretchy waistband next time.

ThreeLeftSkates

Nov 20, 2008
Team were trying to acquire Eichel at his full salary. Clearly those teams expect him to return to playing at the high level he previously played at.
He is a 24 yrs old, franchise center and his team is willing to retain salary. You have to give to get.
Doubting Lou was among them. Dubas, probably is. Thank God you are not our GM.

67Blues

Got it for Bobby
Mar 22, 2013
Section 111

Or, hear me out, Tank can sit his ass in the pressbox for 82 games if the team chooses so. He's under contract and he holds zero power in the team being forced to trade him.

Reactions: ChicksDigTheTrap
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad