Movies: The Batman

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
I thought that it was pretty good. Strengths were the acting and overall tone of the movie. Every performance was solid and the general vibe was unique for a Batman movie, even to the point of reminding me of Seven somewhat. There were a few minor weaknesses to me though. Too much Selina Kyle for the first movie of the series, which ties into another minor issue of it being probably half an hour longer than it needed to be. I enjoyed Riddler but he was a bit too Dark Knight Joker for me, and finally Joker needs to go away for a while. If they want to bring him out for the trilogy then fine, but make it the third movie and do not tease or reference the character at all in the first movie.

All things considered I'd rate it an 8/10, better than I expected.

KlausJopling

Feb 17, 2003
CT
Visit site
I thought it was excellent. Easily the best version of cat woman. I didn’t care for the Nolan cat woman. Pattinson was great as Batman, can’t judge him as Wayne since he never really is spending anytime being Wayne and when he is he can’t shake of the vengeance persona. Tone of this film and especially the riddler took a ton of inspiration from Seven. Fight scenes were all excellent.

Be prepared for it to be raining and dark. Even indoors.

Reactions: x Tame Impala

The Professional

Sens Army Special Operations Command
Dec 4, 2005
Aylmer, Québec
Saw it yesterday. Awesome film. Story, characters, performances are all top notch. I was extremely skeptical of RP as Bats, but I thought his batman was terrific. Even the batsuit which I hated at first has grown on me it really has vibes of some of the old Batman comics from the Golden Age Era. Robert Pattinson as Bruce Wayne though, meh. We did not see much of him as Bruce Wayne anyways, this has to be the Batman movie where we see the most Batman screen time which is great. I also really like Farrell's Wiseguy take on the Penguin, definitely had some James Gandolfini vibes. Will be interesting to see where he takes the character in subsequent films/series. Also really liked Jeffrey Wright's Gordon, great tandem with bats. I liked that dynamic where it really felt like it was Gordon and Batman against everyone else. That scene where Batman punches Gordon and escapes the Police station is one of my favourites.

I also saw the deleted scene featuring the joker and while I thought it was riveting, I understand why they took it out of the Final Cut as it would have under minded The Riddler/ the main plot. I like that they hinted at him at the end and can't wait to see this Batman go up against this Joker.

Crow

May 19, 2014
Thought it was too long in a boring way and that Falconi was uncharismatic and frankly not believable as the guy who was running all crime and corruption in the city. Penguin, Patterson, Cat woman, Riddler, and Gordon (was that Gordon? I’m assuming so) were all very well done. It was okay, didnt really capture my attention like Nolan’s Batman. I just kept waiting for the end to come. I’m sure I’ll watch a sequel but overall I was pretty disappointed. Maybe I’m just tired of Batman. 6/10

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
I did not realize till I sat though the credits that Bill Finger was finally given even credit for creating batman with Kane

There is a lot of articles on line on just what lengths Kane went to get Finger scrubbed from the history

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad