OT: The Bar & Lounge: The people of Montreal, I thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Penguins23

Le Magnifique
Dec 14, 2006
NB Canada
I'm going to be camping in the USA with no cell reception or WIFI from Thursday to Sunday... The timing seems too perfect for the Pens to pull off a miracle tomorrow.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
Ouch :(

X-ray results are back and I have arthritis in my left knee.

**** off :(

Jesus. :(

My left knee did something weird a couple of times after I tweaked it like an idiot and I was going to get it checked out but it stopped. No pain, no weakness, no swelling and no stiffness, just a weird feeling when I took a big step a couple of times. No idea what it was.

News like that are the reason why I don't get my knee checked. I don't wanna know what's going on with my right knee :laugh:

I also have a bad ankle and a damaged shoulder. The joys of sports :laugh:

**** bad ankles, I know the damn thing is going to be awful when I'm older. It's already annoying. My back is the real nemesis, though.

There was a time where I thought I'd ruined my shoulder and was convinced I'd need surgery and it would never be the same. It ached, it was weak, the mobility was limited. Completely ****ed.... All from sleeping with it pulled up and behind my head for who knows how long. It's fine now, it was fine a few days after I woke up in the middle of the night in pain and stopped doing that. I cancelled the doctor appointment I had booked.

Penske

Kunitz wasn't there
Jan 13, 2016
Ouch :(

X-ray results are back and I have arthritis in my left knee.

**** off :(

Damn. Hopefully you can manage it well enough.

I have left knee pain when I do almost anything physical. My knee is perfectly fine though. My brain is sending the wrong messages down my leg so it feels pain when there should not be any :(

Clare2904

LEGEND!
Oct 22, 2016
Montreal
Due to all the flooding here I cannot get to see my Doc as their office is under water. Hopefully we can come up with a management plan as I have to be active for my job plus I enjoy my bike rides etc.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Due to all the flooding here I cannot get to see my Doc as their office is under water. Hopefully we can come up with a management plan as I have to be active for my job plus I enjoy my bike rides etc.

Usually it's to strengthen the muscles around the knee for that leg, the quad, etc. Also weight loss takes pressure off the knee. Also try swimming more often, it'll relieve pressure from the knee with the arthritis and help strengthen stabilizer muscles to help do things you need to do. I would also invest in a knee brace (not the heavy duty ones, more like the knee support tensor slide on supports).

Clare2904

LEGEND!
Oct 22, 2016
Montreal
All my physio experience is going to come in useful again :laugh: I do have a referral for physio so I'll go get that sorted this week now that I have the x-ray result. The one exercise I remember is the stability one, stand by a chair or counter and stand on your bad leg, let go and use your core to stand still. Do not try after drinking :laugh:

I really wish I could go swimming. I only swim freestyle or backstroke but the pool is always full of coffin dodgers out for a nice leisurely swim. I always get dirty looks when my strokes cause waves etc but I'm not good enough to use the "fast lane"

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
All my physio experience is going to come in useful again :laugh: I do have a referral for physio so I'll go get that sorted this week now that I have the x-ray result. The one exercise I remember is the stability one, stand by a chair or counter and stand on your bad leg, let go and use your core to stand still. Do not try after drinking :laugh:

I really wish I could go swimming. I only swim freestyle or backstroke but the pool is always full of coffin dodgers out for a nice leisurely swim. I always get dirty looks when my strokes cause waves etc but I'm not good enough to use the "fast lane"

Ignore them, it's to help you do things you like to do.

Clare2904

LEGEND!
Oct 22, 2016
Montreal
All started 10 years ago when I first torn my meniscus hiking in Australia. Had the op and all was well until the following summer when I went hiking in Crete and torn it again. Had the op again but it was rushed. I used to work at the hospital but had private medical insurance (UK) so it was rushed through so I could go skiing two months afterwards.

Over the years it has ached on and off with occasional cracking due to trapped air. I have always taken care to keep my leg straight when sat for long periods (on flights I always sit aisle seat right side of the plane) My job now involves long of bending and I'm again careful not to kneel on it too long but I guess it is just general wear and tear.

Moral of the story, when on holiday sit on your arse and drink beer, don't go trekking through valleys and gorges :laugh:

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
All started 10 years ago when I first torn my meniscus hiking in Australia. Had the op and all was well until the following summer when I went hiking in Crete and torn it again. Had the op again but it was rushed. I used to work at the hospital but had private medical insurance (UK) so it was rushed through so I could go skiing two months afterwards.

Over the years it has ached on and off with occasional cracking due to trapped air. I have always taken care to keep my leg straight when sat for long periods (on flights I always sit aisle seat right side of the plane) My job now involves long of bending and I'm again careful not to kneel on it too long but I guess it is just general wear and tear.

Moral of the story, when on holiday sit on your arse and drink beer, don't go trekking through valleys and gorges :laugh:

I think I found the problem.

I sit cross legged so much that my knees need to hold up for that alone. Maybe look into some knee friendly yoga. I tend to treat it like it's semi-miraculous but it would probably have to be more tailored.

Penske

Kunitz wasn't there
Jan 13, 2016

Where did you go in Australia (my home country)?

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Man will there ever be a time when people won't ***** about some casting **** in Hollywood? Some OITNB actress who, lets be fair, looks much older than her age, wasn't picked for a role because they said she looked too old. I mean, isn't that up to the casting director? If they feel someone isn't right for the role, you can't be mad because they didn't find you right for a ****ing role.

That's like being mad your resume that has a ton of experience isn't picked when they pick someone that has a more tailored experience to what they want and then saying "They didn't hire me because...uh...how old is the person? ok not that, ok it's a dude? ok it's because I'm a WOMAN!"...

I now know why I stopped reading all news except for sports news. Life is happier this way.

Penguins23

Le Magnifique
Dec 14, 2006
NB Canada
I play ball hockey from 7h30 to 9h, I'll miss most of the game. I don't know if it is a good or bad thing.

I would normally consider missing soccer(8-9 EST) but I would hate myself for letting my teammates down for a performance like game 6. I'll miss the first half of the game or more and hopefully this won't be the last game of the season.

Brandinho

deng xiaoping gang
Aug 28, 2005
República de Cuba
I would normally consider missing soccer(8-9 EST) but I would hate myself for letting my teammates down for a performance like game 6. I'll miss the first half of the game or more and hopefully this won't be the last game of the season.

Watch it on your mobile and just hoof the ball up the pitch anytime it comes to you. Tell your coach it works for Tony Pulis if he gets upset.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
:( A good friend of mine just came out of the hospital from a blood clot in her lungs and is on blood thinners for 6 months, NHL playoffs are not my biggest concern anymore. I'll call her in a few days, she's around her family right now. She wants to catch up soon anyway.

She's out now, we just had a coffee downtown. Needs to take a few months off work but had no money to do so, so i fixed that problem for her and she will be off now.:yo:

Penguins23

Le Magnifique
Dec 14, 2006
NB Canada
Watch it on your mobile and just hoof the ball up the pitch anytime it comes to you. Tell your coach it works for Tony Pulis if he gets upset.

Haha coach? You give me too much credit.

The ref wouldn't allow me to wear ear buds but if he did, I'd bring my phone and listen to Mike Lange during the game. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad