OT: The Avalounge: Winner in Post Count, Loser in Other Things

Status
Not open for further replies.

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
Man, I do really enjoy outdoor jobs, working with your hands, but some days when you come home and are dead tired at 7pm it's almost not worth it, at all.

I feel you on that. After sweating in the sun all day long, motivating to go do something after is hard. As you're getting off work and everyone else is going on runs, working out, climbing, floating the river and I just want to take a nap. :laugh:

I find that as long as I keep moving and don't crash on my couch or bed I can usually push till I get a second wind later that evening.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
I feel you on that. After sweating in the sun all day long, motivating to go do something after is hard. As you're getting off work and everyone else is going on runs, working out, climbing, floating the river and I just want to take a nap. :laugh:

I find that as long as I keep moving and don't crash on my couch or bed I can usually push till I get a second wind later that evening.

Tell me about it. :laugh: Also taking some online courses along with going to the gym a few times a week, to get the motivation for it is so damn hard. Especially on the weekends when I really just wanna rest up but instead end up going kayaking down the river or fishing, so I'm perma-tired for the past month or so.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
How much do you want to pay? My friend cuts hair and does an excellent job but it's like $50. He doesn't use the razors though - all hand cut...the right way!

$50 may be a little out of my range. I don't do much special to my hair, just the cliche shaved on the side combover style. Just figured moving on from Floyds wouldn't be an awful idea.

LieutenantDangle

Barry McKockner
Oct 28, 2014
'Merica
I don't know, I transitioned from an outside labor job to an inside office job, and I feel less energetic now then when i worked outside. Depends on how much exposure you have to the sun I suppose. When I worked outside I started right before sunrise and got off work before it was too hot

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
I don't know, I transitioned from an outside labor job to an inside office job, and I feel less energetic now then when i worked outside. Depends on how much exposure you have to the sun I suppose. When I worked outside I started right before sunrise and got off work before it was too hot

Yeah, 90% of my day is out in the blazing heat.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
These last couple weeks here in CO have been brutal. There's nothing I hate more than hot weather.

On another note work was pretty exciting today, we had a girl come out because her mother forgot some paperwork, so we gave her the keys to run out and get it. 5 minutes later we see her doing laps in the parking lot in her mothers car and end up hitting two other cars.

Oh and she was 15. So one of the few days I'm glad I don't have to suit up everyday and deal with stuff like that.

MonsterMack

He did the Mack, He did the monster Mack
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2013
Arvada, CO
I somehow didn't hear this song until a few days ago. I can't stop listening to it. Send help

member 116861

Got to meet Sami Salo and Tom Lawlor (and Tommy Dreamer and Gangrel if any wrestling fans care) the past 2 days. I'm not bragging or anything but I'm bragging.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
2dj8hz9.jpg

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Thanks man! All I want for my birthday is for Duchene to be traded and for Ceremony to be traded to the NYI fan base.

I was genuinely surprised when I saw your name pop up on the birthday list today, I could have sworn it was a few weeks ago. Apparently you and JWK are interchangeable to me.

member 116861

I was genuinely surprised when I saw your name pop up on the birthday list today, I could have sworn it was a few weeks ago. Apparently you and JWK are interchangeable to me.

I'm not an Asian from Colorado whomst only eats Tacos!

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
Neighbors behind me have a pool party every single weekend. Too much noise.

1) who puts a pool in a house in Colorado

2) the wife thinks it's an awful idea but I really want to start a bee hive somewhere in the vicinity of our neighbors mutual fenceline

member 116861

2) the wife thinks it's an awful idea but I really want to start a bee hive somewhere in the vicinity of our neighbors mutual fenceline

I'm sure Bubba has some tricks up his sleeve but have you tried talking to them?

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
Not yet but thinking about it. Not sure we can live in this house for the next 20 years with pool party bashes every weekend

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015

Honeybees are too docile. What you need is a foghorn to blast off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad