OT: The Avalounge: Why'd we let this die for a month?

Status
Not open for further replies.

To the window!
Sponsor
Jan 15, 2011
North Cackolacka
IMO he's continuing to test the West and what they are willing to tolerate. I feel bad for Ukraine the West isn't doing more, but it seems Ukraine is just a matter of time before it falls. We know the next move. It is the move after that where the question comes in. NATO has been weakened over the past 6 years significantly... if the pace continues and the West continues to be tepid in response, I don't think it is out of the question. Frankly, neither do the Baltics... look at how they responded today vs the rest of NATO. There is a very stark contrast.
I guess it depends on what a person thinks Putin’s ultimate goal is. It could honestly be argued that he is doing anything from aggressively playing defense to trying to start a world war. I personally think his goal is more along the lines of aggressively playing defense, but obviously we’ll have to see how it plays out in the coming months. And to your point - if I’m any country in Eastern Europe, you have to be preparing for the absolute worst scenario.

Regardless, though, he’s not going to “steamroll through” Poland and attacking a NATO allied country is a complete different can of worms altogether.

We’ll see. Bottom line this sucks all around. I feel for the Ukrainians and really hope this isn’t the start of something really major.

Last edited:

flyfysher

Mar 21, 2012
Dumb question for our Canadian friends. Is NL a formal abbreviation for Newfoundland and Labrador? I was unfamiliar with it and thought it might have been a reference to the Netherlands.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
Dumb question for our Canadian friends. Is NL a formal abbreviation for Newfoundland and Labrador? I was unfamiliar with it and thought it might have been a reference to the Netherlands.
I think it's both actually. But being Canadian when I see it I think of Newfoundland. Probably the opposite for non Canadians lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad