OT: The Avalounge: Why'd we let this die for a month?

Status
Not open for further replies.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I'm likely an idiot, but I don't see a new thread. So here we go!

Kick off with a bang! Wife likely got COVID this week. She's vaccinated and the contact was sitting outside for coffee with a friend. So that's fun... likely only a matter of time before restrictions start coming back in force.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
I got my second vaccine on Tuesday and when I got up for a piss when I woke up on Wednesday my body took this as its cue to try and expel everything from my body at once

Fortunately I was fine and just spent the day feeling a bit tired

Reactions: dahrougem2

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Seriously hope you all feel better soon.

Henchy, UAF has already gone full masks back on when on campus due to the rapid rise of the delta variant up here.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Going to turn this into a babe thread and ask why girls straight up ghost you instead of just texting you're not interested?! Like seriously, da faq women?

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
Crummy to read that some of you & your families have been under the weather. Hopefully you’re feeling better soon.

Here’s some memes….
37D2B38B-6E5A-4D64-B69A-024859094EA1.jpeg
39D96F59-B3EC-4485-AEF3-BADC0A1AF2DD.jpeg
D7B9B093-1DBB-4780-B58A-3B2001052F61.jpeg
496FD590-CB21-4746-B4FD-800EECE2FE72.jpeg
2EC8F8AF-DF99-4B58-98E9-933AB72BBA3D.jpeg
DB7DFF70-7D87-4D01-9FD9-72FC5D0B7D32.jpeg
CA3A5347-E46D-45A9-ABC0-FE64DBE01BDC.jpeg
19A7C7C8-B13E-4B26-8EAC-91C8C7B706C4.jpeg
D90A9B61-3A4A-4117-BBAA-1A6F7B6946BF.jpeg
7284BD44-5F56-4BB8-BEC2-0F62E4B13C6E.jpeg

The Merchant

Sponsor
Aug 2, 2011
El Pueblo
Going to turn this into a babe thread and ask why girls straight up ghost you instead of just texting you're not interested?! Like seriously, da faq women?

Likely because they're playing the field and don't want to have the conversation of why they're not interested with every guy they decide they're not into. Dudes do it too

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Seriously hope you all feel better soon.

Henchy, UAF has already gone full masks back on when on campus due to the rapid rise of the delta variant up here.

The universities around here are doing the same, but I can't see my locality actually going back to mandated restrictions... even something as simple as masks. It have gotten so polarized and people can't seem to have any rational thoughts. My dad lives in a rural county in Wyoming that has super low vaccination rates, aging population, one small hospital, and delta is surging hard there. He has heart issues, is probably ~20-30lbs overweight, and is nearing 70. Yet he doesn't want any restrictions, doesn't want to get vaccinated, won't wear a mask... just simply doesn't care. This sounds cold AF, but if he get super sick, I simply won't feel that sorry for him.

IMO when women ghost, you're the 2nd or 3rd option and up the chain is panning out. Brutal, but it is a dog eat dog world.

Reactions: Foppberg

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002
The universities around here are doing the same, but I can't see my locality actually going back to mandated restrictions... even something as simple as masks. It have gotten so polarized and people can't seem to have any rational thoughts. My dad lives in a rural county in Wyoming that has super low vaccination rates, aging population, one small hospital, and delta is surging hard there. He has heart issues, is probably ~20-30lbs overweight, and is nearing 70. Yet he doesn't want any restrictions, doesn't want to get vaccinated, won't wear a mask... just simply doesn't care. This sounds cold AF, but if he get super sick, I simply won't feel that sorry for him.

Yeah, it's analogous to how I feel about people who are close to me, who smoke their whole lives. Then it suddenly goes downhill fast for them.

I'm still sad of course, but.....they know without any shadow of a doubt that it's bad for them, but they simply don't care.

What can you do?

Reactions: expatriatedtexan

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Yeah, it's analogous to how I feel about people who are close to me, who smoke their whole lives. Then it suddenly goes downhill fast for them.

I'm still sad of course, but.....they know without any shadow of a doubt that it's bad for them, but they simply don't care.

What can you do?

Yup... I'd be sad if my dad gets sick and dies, but I wouldn't feel sorry for him if that makes sense. Bringing it on yourself at this point.

You need to improve your butt game. Treat it like a free buffet with a timer of 30 seconds.
Still gotta have some technique!

Reactions: expatriatedtexan

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL

IMO when women ghost, you're the 2nd or 3rd option and up the chain is panning out. Brutal, but it is a dog eat dog world.
You don’t have to lie mate, I’m probably 65th lol. So you’re saying I have a chance (pun intended), but depends on other things higher towards the top they don’t want to down right reject me?

You need to improve your butt game. Treat it like a free buffet with a timer of 30 seconds.
Bruv, I got first class tickets to Vegas and got The Caesars Palace all you can eat buffet as my weapon of choice as practice. I might be making those weight gains, but my tongue will be as dangerous as Gene Simmons.

Last edited:

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
You don’t have to lie mate, I’m probably 65th lol. So you’re saying I have a chance (pun intended), but depends on other things higher towards the top they don’t want to down right reject me?
Sadly, yeah... you're on the back burner where you might randomly get a text out of the blue after you've moved on. :laugh:

Reactions: S E P H

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Sadly, yeah... you're on the back burner where you might randomly get a text out of the blue after you've moved on. :laugh:
Yeah…I mean she’s a 9/10 for me and she’s single so I might have to put up with her antics :laugh::ha:. Really outgoing, plays a ton of different sports/loves the outdoors, and loves trying new things (which is like the holy trinity for me). It’s just weird that you text each other for like two weeks and when I take it to the next level it’s complete silence after that lol.

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
COVID is surging like crazy here in SW CO, but mostly through vaccinated folks so it's been okay. It turns out vaccines work really well at preventing people from getting super sick and needing to go to the hospital. Whodathunk it?

I guess since we're here I'll post a little life update kind of thing; At the end of the month I am officially moving from Colorado after living in the state since I was 4 years old. This past year+ has really thrown some stuff into perspective. COVID, unemployment, girlfriend cheating on me, watching the housing market in SW CO become unreachable for me, losing another good friend (best friend really) to an accident in the mountains, feeling lost and just generally stagnate... The whole whirlwind came to head when it was time to sign my lease again and I decided to say f*** it. I've spent 10 years in Southwest Colorado and love the people and these mountains dearly, but sometimes you have to make a change.

I'll be moving to Salt Lake City first, but really living and working up at one of the ski resorts near the city. What happens next is a big question mark and it's both scary and exciting.

Either way I'll still be watching the Avs and posting around here, which is kind of cool to think about. No matter where we live or what we are doing somehow this silly ice hockey team brings all these people together on the internet.

SirLoinOfCloth

Apr 22, 2019
Colorado
COVID is surging like crazy here in SW CO, but mostly through vaccinated folks so it's been okay. It turns out vaccines work really well at preventing people from getting super sick and needing to go to the hospital. Whodathunk it?

I guess since we're here I'll post a little life update kind of thing; At the end of the month I am officially moving from Colorado after living in the state since I was 4 years old. This past year+ has really thrown some stuff into perspective. COVID, unemployment, girlfriend cheating on me, watching the housing market in SW CO become unreachable for me, losing another good friend (best friend really) to an accident in the mountains, feeling lost and just generally stagnate... The whole whirlwind came to head when it was time to sign my lease again and I decided to say f*** it. I've spent 10 years in Southwest Colorado and love the people and these mountains dearly, but sometimes you have to make a change.

I'll be moving to Salt Lake City first, but really living and working up at one of the ski resorts near the city. What happens next is a big question mark and it's both scary and exciting.

Either way I'll still be watching the Avs and posting around here, which is kind of cool to think about. No matter where we live or what we are doing somehow this silly ice hockey team brings all these people together on the internet.

Sorry to hear you've had a rough run of things recently. Here's to hoping the next step is a positive one and that Salt Lake, or wherever may be next, works out for you.

giphy.gif

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Yeah…I mean she’s a 9/10 for me and she’s single so I might have to put up with her antics :laugh::ha:. Really outgoing, plays a ton of different sports/loves the outdoors, and loves trying new things (which is like the holy trinity for me). It’s just weird that you text each other for like two weeks and when I take it to the next level it’s complete silence after that lol.

By try new things, you mean butt stuff right? :laugh:

I remember the days of that flakiness. Happens and sometimes it just isn't the right timing. My wife and I were basically exactly that. Dated for a bit, went silent... years later we reconnected.

SLC is a pretty cool place (beyond the booze laws). I think you'll enjoy it and something different after what you've experienced will likely be good for you.

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
SLC is a pretty cool place (beyond the booze laws). I think you'll enjoy it and something different after what you've experienced will likely be good for you.

I've already spent two winters 18/19 & most of 19/20 living and working at the ski resort (Alta) I'm going back too. The tiny, kooky community up there is a lot of fun and I already have a lot of friends in the SLC area. I don't love Salt Lake City that much but it seems like a great starting point for finding wherever I end up next.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad