OT: The Avalounge -- The Place to go for Noodles!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
So Smiley, which pickup line did you use? One of mine, right?

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Bobby Clarke truly is the biggest scum in the game of hockey. Purposely breaking their stars ankle is such a coward move, Canada couldn't win fair.

But it looks like the story of the 30 in 30 is to never underestimate your opponents (in anything). Canada did it against Russia and Russia did it against the USA.

Last edited:

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
Bobby Clarke truly is the biggest scum in the game of hockey. Purposely breaking their stars ankle is such a coward move, Canada couldn't win fair.

But it looks like the story of the 30 in 30 is to never underestimate your opponents (in anything). Canada did it against Russia and Russia did it against the USA.

I'd never seen that side of the Summit Series. Totally changes the way I feel about it.

What Clarke did was scummy beyond belief.

Just found this website. http://agoodmovietowatch.com/

Should really help me actually make a decision on what movie to watch.

EDIT: Website is under bombardment from the little alien community that is censored here. Check it out later.

JWK

Mar 27, 2010
Haven't seen her yet. Have class with her tomorrow so I'm planning on asking her to get coffee between classes or something like that.

That's a story I'd want to hear. Shame about this HF having rules thing haha:laugh:
Take her to Jamba Juice inside UMC, girls love Jamba Juice.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO

man I took something totally different away from it. The miracle of Fetisov coming to the US. And the miracle on ice the americans celebrate doesn't mean anything to the russians. And I didn't know about the coach before Tihkanov (sp?). That coach seemed awesome.

One of the best 30 for 30's I've seen for sure. I still think the Boz one is the best though.

And funny thing - as much as I hate the Red Wings, I actually kind of liked them when they had the russian 5. I always thought that was pretty cool and I totally respected the skill level of all those guys. They were amazing to watch. Too bad a guy like Forsberg didn't play with all those Russians - a bunch of puck possession russians around forsberg would have just been invincible.

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
man I took something totally different away from it. The miracle of Fetisov coming to the US. And the miracle on ice the americans celebrate doesn't mean anything to the russians. And I didn't know about the coach before Tihkanov (sp?). That coach seemed awesome.

One of the best 30 for 30's I've seen for sure. I still think the Boz one is the best though.

And funny thing - as much as I hate the Red Wings, I actually kind of liked them when they had the russian 5. I always thought that was pretty cool and I totally respected the skill level of all those guys. They were amazing to watch. Too bad a guy like Forsberg didn't play with all those Russians - a bunch of puck possession russians around forsberg would have just been invincible.

Tarasov or Tikhonov? Tarasov was the founder guy with a lot of heart.

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
DENVER!!!!!!!

Always love the 30 for 30 films. Once Brothers is probably the best one, but I also really liked Hawaiian: The Legend of Eddie Aikau

JWK

Mar 27, 2010
The 2 Escobars, the University of Miami, Catching Hell and Pony Excess are my favorite 30 for 30 films.

JWK

Mar 27, 2010
Skipped class to go to Illegal Pete's, worst overpriced burritos ever.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Best burritos in Colorado? That's almost as funny a sentence as I heard the other day, when a girl told me the best mexican food she's ever had was in Vietnam. :laugh:

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
Anyone catch Better Call Saul? First two episodes are free to stream on AMC's website. Seems really good so far.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Saw the first one, will probably watch the second one tonight. I'm happy with it and I don't get into too many shows. I don't really get the stuff with the brother but I guess we are not supposed to get it all right now either. I liked how they opened the series. I was spoiled on what it was but for those that haven't seen it, a very cool way to open the show.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad