OT: The Avalounge: Steamed Hams, despite the fact they are obviously grilled

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
True. I do a lot of stretches and body weight stuff too so that helps.

I used to want to be put on a bunch of muscle but now, meh. I just wanna stay in shape and not look horrible with a shirt off.
It's all about mobility and stuff. Those ultra fit but small types or like yogis always ace that kind of stuff. I have no ankle dorsiflexion at all and my posterior chain is all messed up, so I even struggle at regular squats.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Same in my upper body...in shape I can chest press 95 lbs each side (3x12) but benchpress only a plate + 35 each side (3x10). I'm like a strong, fat cloud.
That just seems like something to do with the machine's resistance (unless you mean db's, then it's innervation).

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
That just seems like something to do with the machine's resistance (unless you mean db's) and innervation.

Chest press is with db's. I'm just highly asymmetrical and my shoulders are relatively weak.

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
Oh, that's weird. I certainly don't think the db setup would do me any favors compared to the bench.

I think it has to do with a few muscle groups and asymmetry. With a benchpress you lift with both sides and they have to be relatively equal in strength or else you compensate. Also, even though I have a strong chest my inner chest doesn't look so beefy. Maybe that.

But above all, I hear..."stabilizers, stabilizers."

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I struggle with mobility too. I can do more than twice the weight on a front squat than I can on a back squat because of my balance. I’m 6’4 with really long legs but a short torso (relative to my height).

If I sit down next to somebody 5’9 ish they look taller than me.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
I struggle with mobility too. I can do more than twice the weight on a front squat than I can on a back squat because of my balance. I’m 6’4 with really long legs but a short torso (relative to my height).

If I sit down next to somebody 5’9 ish they look taller than me.
Legs-Go-All-the-Way-Up Griffin

giphy.gif

AvsGuy

Hired the wrong DJ again
Sep 13, 2002
Regina, SK
Front squats are brutal, I just tip over forward and nearly break my wrists. If I want to quad focus I back squat with plates under my heels

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Ahhhhhh... Damn...

What an absolute legend he was. Re-set the bar for every drummer who came after him.

Not only that, I didn't learn until the last few years he was Rush's primary lyricist. I don't think there was a more influential prog rock band ever, certainly not one that enjoyed more mainstream success without completely going full bubblegum pop. I had no idea he was that sick.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Not only that, I didn't learn until the last few years he was Rush's primary lyricist. I don't think there was a more influential prog rock band ever, certainly not one that enjoyed more mainstream success without completely going full bubblegum pop. I had no idea he was that sick.
Neither did I, I knew he was unofficially retired, but apparently they kept the illness really under wraps. I guess he actually died on Tuesday, they just didn't announce it until today.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I really wish people would quit saying someone "Lost their battle with cancer." It just strikes me as undignified. Isn't it enough to say they died from cancer? It's not really a "fight," and I wish it would quit being romanticized that way.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad