Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
giphy.gif

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Obviously I’m not all there engaging a guy who compares anyone who disagrees with him a Nazi, in the process trivializing the most insanely evil instrument of death and destruction this world has seen.
I was referring to you as a Sports Nazi in the same regard as Spelling/Grammar Nazi. You're "out there" though, so I am not surprised you actually thought I was calling you a death machine Nazi. I apologize that you can't understand context.

Spleenless Wonder21

Done like dinner
Jun 29, 2009
Ohio
:laugh: I was interested too to be honest. I've considered going to grad school in Oslo, not anything immediate, probably wouldn't happen but I was curious to hear some Norway talk but that got derailed very quickly.

Does having seen the film Frozen & lots of time spent @ the Norway Pavilion at Epcot in Disney World not qualify one as an expert on the country? :sarcasm: If nothing else, the female workers @ the latter have given me the impression all Norwegian women are attractive, tall blondes.

In all seriousness, I hope to visit Scandinavia someday, among several parts of Europe.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
Norway is beautiful, as is the case with other Nordic countries. Really nice people as well, even though at first it is a bit of culture shock for someone coming from my neck of the woods.

Not really sure what would be your cup of tee, but it has plenty to offer. Personally, I prefer the country, fjords, and breathtaking views, but you can also get an urban experience there. Luckily for me handball took me to places I usually wouln’t be able to see given how broke we were. I would definitely recommend going through cities like Oslo, Stockholm, Copenhagen, Bratislava, Prague, Vienna if you like cities.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
Norway is beautiful, as is the case with other Nordic countries. Really nice people as well, even though at first it is a bit of culture shock for someone coming from my neck of the woods.

Not really sure what would be your cup of tee, but it has plenty to offer. Personally, I prefer the country, fjords, and breathtaking views, but you can also get an urban experience there. Luckily for me handball took me to places I usually wouln’t be able to see given how broke we were. I would definitely recommend going through cities like Oslo, Stockholm, Copenhagen, Bratislava, Prague, Vienna if you like cities.
I prefer living in the city due to career/friends/convenience, but I'll take a hiking/outdoor adventure over going downtown to a nightclub 9.5/10 times.

In a perfect world I'd live just on the outskirts of a city with a swift getaway to the countryside a quick drive away.

Reactions: Ivan13

avsfan09

Dec 17, 2010
Nova Scotia
I prefer living in the city due to career/friends/convenience, but I'll take a hiking/outdoor adventure over going downtown to a nightclub 9.5/10 times.

In a perfect world I'd live just on the outskirts of a city with a swift getaway to the countryside a quick drive away.
Your describing Halifax tbh.

avsfan09

Dec 17, 2010
Nova Scotia
Eh, Hali is a cool city but NS doesn't really have the outdoor "wow" factor that I really love.
Fair. I like eastern shore. And CB is only 3-4 hours a way. Also Kejimkujik is under 2 hours away. My sister lives in St. John's but I don't know If I could handle the harsh winters. The summer up there though.

Thepoolmaster

Dec 3, 2011
Anyone live in Calgary? Thinking of taking a job offer that would have me move from Toronto to there.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia

One of the reasons I like where I grew up. Zagreb is close by, you are living in a small town that still has pretty much everything you need (apart from clubs, but that's not my thing either way), hills are close by like 15 min walk, seaside is 2.5 hours away with a car, nice river about an hour away, in winter you can go skiing nearby, in summer you can cool off nearby, you can easily be in the thick of things, and an hour later away on your own if you want to.

Peter The Great
Aug 17, 2005
Sweden
Luckily for me handball took me to places I usually wouln’t be able to see given how broke we were.

Good for you, I love handball so much, great fun team-sport, actually handball was most probably the sport I had best natural talent in as a 9 meter shooter but stopped playing as a 15 year old anyway. :-( Why I hardly remember, growing up in a very small city with a combination of poor organization & non motivating coaches, school, friends... being a teenager. ;-)

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016

That’s Denver for ya. Mountains are an hour or two away. Or there’s tons of places to hike on the outskirts of suburbia as well.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
One of the reasons I like where I grew up. Zagreb is close by, you are living in a small town that still has pretty much everything you need (apart from clubs, but that's not my thing either way), hills are close by like 15 min walk, seaside is 2.5 hours away with a car, nice river about an hour away, in winter you can go skiing nearby, in summer you can cool off nearby, you can easily be in the thick of things, and an hour later away on your own if you want to.
I feel like small towns in Canada, and maybe the US too are different from Europe small towns. Everything is so much closer in Europe, whereas from my small town it's a 2 hour drive to a small city, and like 13 hours to a major one (Montreal)

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
I feel like small towns in Canada, and maybe the US too are different from Europe small towns. Everything is so much closer in Europe, whereas from my small town it's a 2 hour drive to a small city, and like 13 hours to a major one (Montreal)
Croatia is specific in a way, everything you can imagine (beaches, rivers, castles, roman coloseum, ancient city walls, deserts, swamps, amazing natural wonders ...) crammed in a country you can drive from one end to the other in 8 hours.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
Croatia is specific in a way, everything you can imagine (beaches, rivers, castles, roman coloseum, ancient city walls, deserts, swamps, amazing natural wonders ...) crammed in a country you can drive from one end to the other in 8 hours.
That's awesome. You can do that in my home province but there isn't really a big reason to do it. There's some awesome parks and trails throughout but going from one end to the other isn't necessary. The maritimes are kind of isolated away from the rest of Canada in a way, a lot of people come to visit in the summer but more often than not people move away than move to.

For example a drive to Montreal from my hometown is roughly 12 hours, and about 14 from Halifax. Going from Zagreb to Zurich is only 9 1/2 hours according to Google maps. I love the natural wilderness that Canada has but it's so spread out compared to Europe.

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006

Where do you live @Foppberg?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad