OT: The Avalounge: Potential Serial Killers Talk About Serial Killers

Status
Not open for further replies.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
giphy.gif

Man, it's been a while since I could enjoy a morning of just reading/browsing/potentially posting. Graduate school kicked my ass this semester. However, I turned in my final papers yesterday afternoon, and just have to find a way to not stress out about the grades (I did the best I could, it's out of my hands now).

Oh yeah...I'm getting married on New Years Eve, that's cool I guess.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
giphy.gif

Man, it's been a while since I could enjoy a morning of just reading/browsing/potentially posting. Graduate school kicked my ass this semester. However, I turned in my final papers yesterday afternoon, and just have to find a way to not stress out about the grades (I did the best I could, it's out of my hands now).

Congrats RL! What're you taking in grad school?

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Congrats RL! What're you taking in grad school?

Just going for a Master of Arts in Communication (the degree is shaping up to be more communication research based than anything fun like my Electronic Media emphasis for my undergrad).

And thanks (to you and others) on the well-wishes for the marriage. We had originally been planning and intending on getting married next NYE (12/31/19), but over the Thanksgiving weekend we talked and discovered that we didn't want to wait that long. Next thing we knew all of our vendors responded that they had this year open, so we pushed it forward.

Reactions: Foppberg

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
I had a dream last night I was in Joe Sakic's office watching him being interviewed for something. He had a pair of aviators on. I looked out the window and saw T.J. Hensick stopped at a set of traffic lights, practicing his (roller) skating when the lights changed to green. He was in full gear, wearing a blueberry sweater.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
I had a dream last night I was in Joe Sakic's office watching him being interviewed for something. He had a pair of aviators on. I looked out the window and saw T.J. Hensick stopped at a set of traffic lights, practicing his (roller) skating when the lights changed to green. He was in full gear, wearing a blueberry sweater.
giphy.gif

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Well, officially single for the holidays.

Broke up with my girlfriend after spending the last 5 years together. I know it's the right decision, but damn I never thought it would hurt this much because I still deeply care about her. My previous breakups don't hold a candle to this one.

Anyways, that's my somber news for today.

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
Alone for the holidays is hard, but if you know it was the right move, then you had to do it.

Hang in there, buddy.

Reactions: PAZ

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
How is it that I can watch reruns of animated shows like South Park on most nights, even if my reaction reading the guide is "Oh yeah, this is a pretty good one".

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Well, officially single for the holidays.

Broke up with my girlfriend after spending the last 5 years together. I know it's the right decision, but damn I never thought it would hurt this much because I still deeply care about her. My previous breakups don't hold a candle to this one.

Anyways, that's my somber news for today.
Sorry to hear that, what do you think happened to get to that position if you don't mind me asking?

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Sorry to hear that, what do you think happened to get to that position if you don't mind me asking?

I started dating her when I was 21 and we've changed quite a bit since then, but mainly just growing apart in terms of the future. She had a different timeline than I did when it came to children and it wouldn't have been fair to either of us to try and make it work because one of us would eventually end up being resentful. I was always on the fence about that topic, but over the past few months I knew I just wouldn't be ready by the time she wanted them.

Reactions: Arcade Fire

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
Congrats RL!!!! I'll expect my invite in the mail soon.

@PAZ Being alone for the holidays is hard stuff. This will be the toughest time post brake up. But know that it always gets better with time, even if it doesn't feel like it at first.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Oh god. I just saw a video on YouTube of young adults reacting to episodes of Seinfeld. And all of them were offended by the show and didn’t find it funny... I’m deeply saddened at how sensitive this generation is.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
Oh god. I just saw a video on YouTube of young adults reacting to episodes of Seinfeld. And all of them were offended by the show and didn’t find it funny... I’m deeply saddened at how sensitive this generation is.
Not even a minute in and.. Jesus f***ing Christ.

A minute and 30 in... Screw climate change and an AI take over, these kids are the beginning of the end.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Not even a minute in and.. Jesus ****ing Christ.

A minute and 30 in... Screw climate change and an AI take over, these kids are the beginning of the end.

Like they don’t even understand the premise of the show. Like they’re all reprehensible, self centered people. That’s the point of the show...

Did you get to the gay episode yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad