OT: The Avalounge: Potential Serial Killers Talk About Serial Killers

Status
Not open for further replies.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Tony's used to be great but has fallen off a lot. They don't even do organic meat which is kinda depressing. Their claim to fame was having prime beef, but now Costco carries prime and is cheaper...

All they do now is try to sell the hell outta sauces and spice blends...because the markup on sauce and spice blends is amazingly fantastic. If you ever want to sell something for 3-5x profit, sell sauce.
They still got some awesome stuff you can't find in other grocery stores, but majority of the time they're simply four times as expensive as the rest because they're a "name brand" (like Ferrari even though a Smart Car has the same number of wheels and functions the same).

Well, Costco's will always be cheaper than the rest because they make money via the monthly subscriptions, so in reality you might be paying for the same amount as you'll pay at Tony's if you add everything together. However, I rarely eat steak so I am quite clueless in what considered a tasty meat and what's not (all I know is filet mignon is the best from what I've been told).

No doubt about sauces, their marinara sauce is amazing and is like $8.99 per jar.
I did that for 2 years and got engaged last month.
Did not know it was so much planning for a wedding though......
Congrats dude! Even if you're a Man United fan. :sarcasm:

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
Hey Guys,

Please consider sending her a card with some nice words inside.

Abby is a 7-year-old battling brain cancer.
She would love to have Christmas cards filled with love sent to her this year.
Please send cards to:
Miss Abby Sieb
414 Balsam Dr.
Davison, MI. 48423

Last edited:

member 116861

Hey Guys,

I saw this on a Facebook fan club for In This Moment that I am a member of.

Please consider sending her a card with some nice words inside.

Abby is a 7-year-old battling brain cancer.
She would love to have Christmas cards filled with love sent to her this year.
Please send cards to:
Miss Abby Sieb
414 Balsam Dr. Davison, MI. 48423

So you do have a heart, I knew it!

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Living in the mountains and the high desert is the only way to live my friend. So many wonderful things to do and see. It's quite lovely.

Love you too @Foppberg <3
In all seriousness, I reckon you outdoorsy people get a lot of time not seated and hunched over at a laptop... fresh air and all that. So while I couldn't handle some of the camping and shit, I could do with some less office health problems. I mean I move a lot, and I'm in pretty good shape but mobility and posture stuff is a whole other thing.

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
In all seriousness, I reckon you outdoorsy people get a lot of time not seated and hunched over at a laptop... fresh air and all that. So while I couldn't handle some of the camping and ****, I could do with some less office health problems. I mean I move a lot, and I'm in pretty good shape but mobility and posture stuff is a whole other thing.
I know there are some new fangled ways to help with posture and stuff while your working. Like standing desks and shit. But, yeah. Outdoors stuff really helps with all that stuff. Just moving around in general is so necessary to my happiness. I need to be hiking, skiing, climbing, running, ect... nearly everyday to keep myself sane.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Dating apps suck. All the women there are posting things like "Mountain girl looking for an adventure buddy for rock climbing, skiing, and hiking! Message me if you love to try new things!" And I'm sitting here like "Where are all the boring stay-at-home nerds that like hockey and dungeons and dragons?" I'm just never going to find that woman...

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
When I was younger my friend got me on at a ski resort close to my hometown and it was so much f***ing fun.

I'm similar to ya @ASmileyFace where hiking/skiing/physical things make me sane, but I don't really get that too much outside of April-September. In the spring/summer I'm always hiking or kayaking. In the winter I try to get some boarding in but it's a lot more difficult time wise. I have a few friends out west doing a ski trip in Alberta, and then BC for a week. And every photo I see it just pains me. Sometimes I feel like a west coast boy who was born on the wrong coast, the ocean is cool but there's something about the mountain range that gives me a chubby.

Dating apps suck. All the women there are posting things like "Mountain girl looking for an adventure buddy for rock climbing, skiing, and hiking! Message me if you love to try new things!" And I'm sitting here like "Where are all the boring stay-at-home nerds that like hockey and dungeons and dragons?" I'm just never going to find that woman...

Put that in your bio! Guaranteed you'll get someone message ya.

Last edited:

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012

Should offer to explore the backcountry!

Reactions: S E P H

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016

I’d say at least 70% of girls on tinder who say they’re outdoorsy and want to try new things aren’t being honest. When I used tinder a couple years ago every single girls bio said that. It’s just a dumb cliche thing girls say to seem more fun and exciting.

Reactions: ASmileyFace

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
"Want to try new things & living life to the fullest!" is the Tinder equivalent to "make sure to like, comment & subscribe!" It's just what everyone else does.

Reactions: UncleRisto

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
I know there are some new fangled ways to help with posture and stuff while your working. Like standing desks and ****. But, yeah. Outdoors stuff really helps with all that stuff. Just moving around in general is so necessary to my happiness. I need to be hiking, skiing, climbing, running, ect... nearly everyday to keep myself sane.
Yeah, I do get that. The other day I was just recovering from a bit of a cold, and I was so anxious to work out again I was about to rip my head off. So then I did a good weight workout plus jiujitsu later, but I don't feel that way about specifically outdoor sports, I can just train inside.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
I’d say at least 70% of girls on tinder who say they’re outdoorsy and want to try new things aren’t being honest. When I used tinder a couple years ago every single girls bio said that. It’s just a dumb cliche thing girls say to seem more fun and exciting.
Or then it's (not specifically on Tinder, but in general) "Oh, I f***ing love pizza and Chicken McNuggets. Lol, sometimes I eat so much!" No you don't you boring bitch, I could've eaten two of these tubs of ice cream by myself.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007

Yeah... The girl I'm seeing right now says that she loves hiking and half her pictures are outdoorsy things she shows me. Every single time she comes over she says how much she loves just cuddling on the couch with me and taking it easy with a movie. I've even offered going on a hike with her.

Don't get me wrong, not complaining. Works in my favor being at my place each time... But dating apps are advertisements. If you say you're just looking for someone to watch a movie, drink a beer and bitch about work with you're not selling yourself well. That comes with dating, what else ya got?

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
Yeah, I do get that. The other day I was just recovering from a bit of a cold, and I was so anxious to work out again I was about to rip my head off. So then I did a good weight workout plus jiujitsu later, but I don't feel that way about specifically outdoor sports, I can just train inside.
Are you the Finnish Joe Rogan?

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002
Should offer to explore the backcountry!

Ooof. :laugh:

After many years, I became single a year and a half ago. Had solid fortune doing dating the old fashioned way, rather than dating sites, though it does take some effort.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
There are a lot of Madonna songs which I like, but holy **** I simply cannot watch the "sexual touching and desire" music videos by her at all. It got old after the first handful of times and her trying to act like a sexual beast as a forty-year-old in Beautiful Stranger is just enough. You're old lady.

SaltySkywalker

Bushes of Love
Jul 15, 2016
Tatooine
There are a lot of Madonna songs which I like, but holy **** I simply cannot watch the "sexual touching and desire" music videos by her at all. It got old after the first handful of times and her trying to act like a sexual beast as a forty-year-old in Beautiful Stranger is just enough. You're old lady.

Don't change the subject

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad