OT: The Avalounge: Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb [Special Edition]

Status
Not open for further replies.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I'm trying not to but this morning she was clearly really frustrated. I tried a couple times to figure out why but she wouldn't even tell me. I just want to understand why she is mad at me so I can work on it, not be completely in the dark about what to do.

Anyways. Yay. Relationship drama is good for the Avalounge at least.

Does she have a complicated relationship with her mother or is it like total bff time? If you are sure it's not about you then don't push it, just let her know you are there for her, be supportive. Sounds like she's prone to disengage but it's not because of you. I can see how that's tough but I think as long as you make it clear you are supporting but letting her deal with it but also still have the understanding she can't completely go MIA on you either then just ride it out.

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
Does she have a complicated relationship with her mother or is it like total bff time? If you are sure it's not about you then don't push it, just let her know you are there for her, be supportive. Sounds like she's prone to disengage but it's not because of you. I can see how that's tough but I think as long as you make it clear you are supporting but letting her deal with it but also still have the understanding she can't completely go MIA on you either then just ride it out.

They are BFFs for sure. My girlfriend was her only child and grew up with her as a single mom. I'm going to let things relax for the time being and not push it anymore.

This is some really good advice TV (and everyone else). Thanks :)

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Props to you Smiley because I for one don't do the whole drama thing. I've had many relationships (and almost relationships) fail because I refuse to engage in that crap. When a girl was being different or complaining about something without actually telling me what's going on I tap out. I don't have time for that. If there's an issue speak to me like an adult about it. If not, bye.

I realize it's mostly just me being lazy in that aspect but I'm very fortunate to have found my fiancé since she's a no bs person like me.

If you're able to handle that type of thing good for you. I respect the hell out of it and it means you're willing to put the work in that a lot of people wouldn't. If it bugs the hell out of you I think you need to be up front and explain to her that when she has an issue she needs to address it. You can handle whatever it is and it's better for the relationship to speak about it and get it out of the way rather than it hang over your heads because that kinda thing can really leave you feeling anxious.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Props to you Smiley because I for one don't do the whole drama thing. I've had many relationships (and almost relationships) fail because I refuse to engage in that crap. When a girl was being different or complaining about something without actually telling me what's going on I tap out. I don't have time for that. If there's an issue speak to me like an adult about it. If not, bye.

I realize it's mostly just me being lazy in that aspect but I'm very fortunate to have found my fiancé since she's a no bs person like me.

If you're able to handle that type of thing good for you. I respect the hell out of it and it means you're willing to put the work in that a lot of people wouldn't. If it bugs the hell out of you I think you need to be up front and explain to her that when she has an issue she needs to address it. You can handle whatever it is and it's better for the relationship to speak about it and get it out of the way rather than it hang over your heads because that kinda thing can really leave you feeling anxious.

True that. I'm awful with that stuff too, just give to me so I know what I need to work on or not do. Defintlely one of my biggest pet peeves.

The Merchant

Sponsor
Aug 2, 2011
El Pueblo
The 6300 series is a really good overall TV (It is my bedroom TV and I have my 360 hooked up to it). My only complaints are the color gamut for HDR and the lack of local dimming. But to get those you are spending at least double.

Thanks for the input. I'm browsing around the various BF ads and nothing has really jumped out at me like this one that's already on sale has. I'm on the fence settling for something smaller to get into the realm of 4K or if I should double down. Doesn't seem like any of the big chains are offering such a steep discount...think I'm jumping the gun if I snag that one?

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
That is a KS8000, about the best TV for the money right now. I'd jump on that (or other KS8000) deal if I was willing to downsize my TV (I have a 60" main TV now), but I'm not there yet.

The 55" KS8000 will be just under $1000 on eBay on Black Friday. I'd personally spend the touch extra for the bigger TV.

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'

True that. I'm awful with that stuff too, just give to me so I know what I need to work on or not do. Defintlely one of my biggest pet peeves.

I like to think I'm like you guys too. No ********, no engaging in the petty crap. But this time I'm willing to go down a different path. I'm willing to play the game a little this time. I went in and talked to her today and we sorted it out

Maybe it will drive me crazy later, but for now it doesn't bother me to work hard for this one. :D

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
I like to think I'm like you guys too. No ********, no engaging in the petty crap. But this time I'm willing to go down a different path. I'm willing to play the game a little this time.

73374693.jpg

To the window!
Sponsor
Jan 15, 2011
North Cackolacka
Wow, just saw Magical Beasts and thought it was awesome!

I'm a sucker for Harry Patter movies though.

RL, I see where you are coming from in that she definitely nailed that American stereotype in this movie, or at least the New York from the turn of the century type.

Really well done movie for sure, might be my favorite Harry Potter Film to date.

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
DENVER!!!!!!!
Ok, two more questions since we are on the tv topic. It seems like spring is when model year tvs seem to swap out. Can I expect to find some sweet deals around that time on outgoing models. And has anyone ever had experience ordering tvs online from amazon. Seems like a pretty fragile and desirable package to be trusting UPS with.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
Some people claim you can get better deals on TVs the weeks before the Super Bowl vs Black Friday or day after Xmas.

I wouldn't hesitate with the Amazon thing. Packaging on TVs is pretty dang sophisticated. One thing I have definitely learned though with Amazon - if there's any remote chance of returning something then write the supplier and ask them about their policy before you buy. I bought a lawnmower and tried to return it but they wanted a 50 dollar restocking fee on it. I was pissed and really had no choice but to keep it. On about 90% of the seller pages it will not list a return policy - you have to write the seller in advance to get it.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
Also use tracktor to see if you're actually getting a smoking deal on Amazon. You can sign up for price alerts. Slickdeals is another site where you can sign up for deals in general across the internet.

Also once you find something I would do a google shopping search before you buy as well.

I'm starting to learn the tricks of the trade on internet shopping. Due to my job situation this year I'm looking at any way to save $$ that I can.

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
DENVER!!!!!!!
Some people claim you can get better deals on TVs the weeks before the Super Bowl vs Black Friday or day after Xmas.

I wouldn't hesitate with the Amazon thing. Packaging on TVs is pretty dang sophisticated. One thing I have definitely learned though with Amazon - if there's any remote chance of returning something then write the supplier and ask them about their policy before you buy. I bought a lawnmower and tried to return it but they wanted a 50 dollar restocking fee on it. I was pissed and really had no choice but to keep it. On about 90% of the seller pages it will not list a return policy - you have to write the seller in advance to get it.

I rarely buy anything on Amazon that isn't actually sold by amazon. Their policy is pretty damn nice. Bought a pair of shoes from them. They ended up being one size too small. Turns out the next size up was 15 bucks cheaper so I ended up quite a bit ahead.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Black Friday, Super Bowl, and spring clearance are the 3 best times to buy a TV. Each manufacturer is slightly different but the spring is in the March-early May range. That might be the cheapest, but it is only slightly.

I've never had an issue with a TV shipped, and I have bought 3 that way. The only one I currently have that I didn't was my plasma.

The Merchant

Sponsor
Aug 2, 2011
El Pueblo
That is a KS8000, about the best TV for the money right now. I'd jump on that (or other KS8000) deal if I was willing to downsize my TV (I have a 60" main TV now), but I'm not there yet.

The 55" KS8000 will be just under $1000 on eBay on Black Friday. I'd personally spend the touch extra for the bigger TV.

Alright you've swayed me...gonna go for it! Thanks again

is that a flower at the end?

:laugh: Looks like he had to try for that 6 more than a couple times

Tweaky

Solid #2
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2009
Singapore/Thailand
Finally home from the hospital. Have not eaten anything solid for 3 days, and maybe 3 cups total of rice soup. Nothing else but water, meds, and the saline drip. Only lost 2 pounds. Not fair. One of the benefits of doing this was supposed to be a nice jump start on a diet. At least my appetite is still depressed. Hopefully my stomach contracts a bit so I am less inclined to large portions.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Finally home from the hospital. Have not eaten anything solid for 3 days, and maybe 3 cups total of rice soup. Nothing else but water, meds, and the saline drip. Only lost 2 pounds. Not fair. One of the benefits of doing this was supposed to be a nice jump start on a diet. At least my appetite is still depressed. Hopefully my stomach contracts a bit so I am less inclined to large portions.

It should, so take advantage of it and knowingly have smaller portions starting right now. Also drink water like it's nobody's business.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Introducing Finnish Black Friday shopping where overpriced stores mark some of their stuff down up to 20%. Can you feel the excitement?

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
lol

just be careful - some stores mark their products up 20% then give you a 20% discount (or some variance of that - like +10% and then -15% to you)

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Happy Thanksgiving everyone. Hope you have a nice meal and some family time. Even our honorary Americans, get into the spirit a little ;)

I'm thankful to have y'all to call friends. Thanks for being around.

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
Happy American Thanksgiving to you all. May you enjoy the Black Friday savings.

EDIT:

If you listen to one song today listen to this one.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad