OT: The Avalounge: Only two things are infinite, the universe and

Status
Not open for further replies.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I am super jealous of you guys that get to see them at the Pepsi center. I've only ever seen the avs when they've come to Chicago...though the first game we got to watch a game from the owner's box after we met dollar Bill Wirtz was against the avs back during Tanguay's first run with the team. And that was awesome enough even though it was just a regular season win.

member 116861

The best Aves game I've ever seen live was last year when they beat the Canucks. It was near the end of the season and we took the division lead that night because the Blues lost. Got to see Barrie and Stastny score as well which was awesome. Also got 2 beers, a burger and fries from White Spot, and obviously the ticket to the game all for $40.

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
Last Avs game I went to was in Montreal with Theo in net for the Avs. It was that game where Avs scored the first three goals but somehow still lost, and much of downtown Montreal was taunting "Theo! Theo!" after the loss.

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan
The best Aves game I've ever seen live was last year when they beat the Canucks. It was near the end of the season and we took the division lead that night because the Blues lost. Got to see Barrie and Stastny score as well which was awesome. Also got 2 beers, a burger and fries from White Spot, and obviously the ticket to the game all for $40.

Must have been terrible seats for that price

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
It is hard to explain to people the feeling and connection I have with it. Being an athlete (specifically a hockey player) at a young enough age (15) to think that sports are still everything, watching your favorite team in that sport in the Cup final game 7, and seeing a legend lift the Cup for the first time... it is as much pure joy as I think you can have.

My Dad still has the tickets framed with a picture of us at the game. It sits right over his fireplace. :yo:

I was at that game as well. We were splitting tickets with some guy and I remember the Devils being hot that series in the first few games. The owner of the seats traded us game 7 of the series for our game 5 tickets. Best game EVER. But I also feel horrible for the guy who actually owned the rights to the tix and how he traded them away. COLOSSAL mistake on his part.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I would probably say the best Avs game I have ever been to was Anderson's 50 save shutout where Dan Boyle puts it in his own net off O'Reilly's stick. Cannot believe Anderson turned into Cristiano Ronaldo.

Then my second favourite game was Avs comeback in Game 1 against the Wild last season.

Worst Avs game I can recall was when we lost to the Edmonton Oilers with Theodore letting in some horrible weak five hole goals. It sucked because I was really rooting for him.

I've only ever seen the Avs on my television, lucky *****
Why didn't you go to either preseason game in Quebec last year? I mean, NS is closer to Quebec than it is to Denver, just sayin'.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
Game 1 last year was pretty magical to be at. The can was rocking for the first minutes of the intermission after Stastny tied it up, even after the teams left the ice.

Not even close to the same importance, but the game during the lockout year where the Avs ended the Hawks unbeaten streak was fun to be at too. Wasn't hard to stand out that year though.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Game 2 last year was awesome. I also have very fond memories of Sakic's retirement/home opener/Duchene's first game. I went to the Rockies game first that day and they clinched a playoff spot in that game, took the light rail and went to the Avs. That was probably my favorite sports day. My worst was probably when Forsberg knocked us out of a playoff spot with Nashville.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006

That's insane. When the IceCaps were in the calder cup finals tickets were going for $120 each here. That's AHL :laugh:

My only NHL game cost me closer to $4000 when everything is considered haha. The tickets were only like 140 each but the flight across the continent, hotel, jerseys and so on really add up. It was the best money I ever spent though. Cant wait to go back and do it again.

Tweaky

Solid #2
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2009
Singapore/Thailand
Sakic retirement game was special, especially after we got home and saw ourselves on TV in one of the crowd shots during an ovation.

Saw some other pretty good (or at least memorable) ones. Seeing Crosby whine his way in to getting Joe Sakic a pair of minors in a game was a huge part of my current belief that there are sometimes additional instructions to the refs from the league. Saw a playoff came against the Coyotes in the Roenick era...always good to see him lose to Roy. Saw a game against Calgary where Tanguay was screwing around during warmups and flipping the puck into the gap between the glass panes on the Zam doors, we ending up winning like 7-3 or so, and Svatos had a hat-trick. And so many others...we used to do group trips and spend the night in a motel. Or wife and I would go and sleep at her parents.

Tweaky

Solid #2
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2009
Singapore/Thailand
When going to Avs games at the Can, looks for the package deals. My favorite is the 2 lower levels for $99 (not sure if they still do it though). The $99 for 4 uppers with drinks and food is good too, if you don't mind nosebleeds.

BaconNater

Jul 4, 2011
CO
I've only been to 2 Avs games live, both in Minnesota. Went to a regular season game 3 years ago which they won, made the trip to go see Game 3 last season with that OT loss. Was a fun experience being at a playoff game but wow did Wild fans ever suck, so rude and brutal to sit by.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
When going to Avs games at the Can, looks for the package deals. My favorite is the 2 lower levels for $99 (not sure if they still do it though). The $99 for 4 uppers with drinks and food is good too, if you don't mind nosebleeds.

Yeah they still do and is a good deal. I do either stub hub (I avoid the bandwagon games anyway) or there's a lot of group sales links floating around.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
The last two days is BY FAR the worst rain I have ever seen in my life. This is worst than a freakin' rainforest...and in particular yesterday, I had to drive in this tsunami type effect, could not see anything past 20 feet in front of me.

TheStranger

Jan 21, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
I've lost 37lbs since March 22nd.

From March 22nd to April 10th I lost 10lbs (0.52lbs/day). From April 10th to May 17th I lost 11lb (0.3lbs/day) this was my slowest period as I stopped tracking my weight and kind of fell off the wagon, but my new job started May 5th. From May 17th to today, I lost 16lbs(0.64lbs/day).

I'm loving it!

(helps that I started a really physical job vs desk jobs in the past + a year of unemployment and sitting on my ass all day.) Basically in the month since I got my job I've lost basically 20lbs.

45lbs to go

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006

From March 22nd to April 10th I lost 10lbs (0.52lbs/day). From April 10th to May 17th I lost 11lb (0.3lbs/day) this was my slowest period as I stopped tracking my weight and kind of fell off the wagon, but my new job started May 5th. From May 17th to today, I lost 16lbs(0.64lbs/day).

I'm loving it!

(helps that I started a really physical job vs desk jobs in the past + a year of unemployment and sitting on my ass all day.) Basically in the month since I got my job I've lost basically 20lbs.

45lbs to go

Man GOOD JOB. I gained weight in school this past year, I'm about 20-30lbs heavier than I should be. I'm trying to lose weight but have only managed 7-10 lbs over the past two months. Since I used to drink heavily and I'm somewhat heavy right now, some of my liver enzymes are out of whack...so no drinking until I lose weight. Please tell me your secret, I want alcohol again. What's your diet?

member 116861

I'm loving it!

45lbs to go

What is your secret?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad