OT: The Avalounge: Only two things are infinite, the universe and

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
How's everybody doing on the greens so far this summer?

Went birdie-birdie-par-birdie yesterday to close out my round. Nevermind the two DBs on the front 9. :D I was pleased.

We have a mini-tournament going on before Winnik's wedding, should be a great time with many excellent golfers.

Not as well as you apparently haha, but i've been making out well.

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
How's everybody doing on the greens so far this summer?

Went birdie-birdie-par-birdie yesterday to close out my round. Nevermind the two DBs on the front 9. :D I was pleased.
I shot 96 and was happy with that for the 2nd round of the year.
Putting is still atrocious though.
If I get that under control I should be able to break 85 for the first time this summer.

I missed a few inside 4feet and three-putted a whole bunch.
My speeds have been completely off.

What kind of course-length do you guys play?
I usually play from tees that lead to a course length of about 6000-6400 yards. As around 85% of males in Finland play from those I am just curious if that is similar to what you guys play from?

And to another topic.

The awkward moment when a recruitment chief writes me back about a job I had applied for and starts that with

"Hello, Erik"

My name isn't Erik.

Last edited:

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
And to another topic.

The awkward moment when a recruitment chief writes me back about a job I had applied for and starts that with

"Hello, Erik"

My name isn't Erik.

:laugh:

You'd think your email is something along the lines of firstname.lastname but I guess you can just make a guess like that.

Also kind of reminds me of that one Friends episode with Chandler. I trust everyone to know what I'm talking about so I won't explain it.

Last edited:

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Didn't know where else to put this but i'm sure you've all seen on social media that today is the 14th anniversary of when the Avs/Bourque last won the cup.

I'm curious though, am I any less of a man for crying 14 years later when I watch that moment? It gets me every time. :cry:

To the window!
Sponsor
Jan 15, 2011
North Cackolacka
Didn't know where else to put this but i'm sure you've all seen on social media that today is the 14th anniversary of when the Avs/Bourque last won the cup.

I'm curious though, am I any less of a man for crying 14 years later when I watch that moment? It gets me every time. :cry:

If you watch the American broadcast they show Bourque's family in the stands minutes from the end of the game after they have pretty much sealed the game up. Gets me every time.

I honest to god watched that whole game again a couple of years ago and got so pumped I hit my computer screen so hard it broke. I had to buy a new laptop. I'm not sure that is a good thing. :laugh: When will I ever learn.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
If you watch the American broadcast they show Bourque's family in the stands minutes from the end of the game when they have pretty much sealed it up. Gets me every time.

I honest to god watched that whole game again a couple of years ago and got so pumped I hit my computer screen so hard it broke. I had to buy a new laptop. I'm not sure that is a good thing. :laugh: When will I ever learn.

I just watched a video from the moment the game ended until the cup was in Hejduk's hands (I believe he got it (6th) along with some post game interviews. They showed Bourques family in that. I get goosebumps as soon as they start walking out with the cup but break down at that moment when Bourques arms fully extend into the air with cup in his hands with the biggest smile a human could ever show.

P.S. That's amazing about your laptop :laugh:

To the window!
Sponsor
Jan 15, 2011
North Cackolacka
I just watched a video from the moment the game ended until the cup was in Hejduk's hands (I believe he got it (6th) along with some post game interviews. They showed Bourques family in that. I get goosebumps as soon as they start walking out with the cup but break down at that moment when Bourques arms fully extend into the air with cup in his hands with the biggest smile a human could ever show.

P.S. That's amazing about your laptop :laugh:

Yeah, I get pretty emotional about sports for some reason. I think it also brings/brought back a bunch of good memories from my youth.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I get more sad than nostalgic to look back but what gets to me is that "season" special that aired on ESPN narrated by James Hetfield. That one makes me want to cry my eyes out. I also don't feel like I experienced the glory years as a "fan", it wasn't "my team" like how I follow now. I almost don't want to claim that it was so special to me back then when it really wasn't. Of course I watched, thought it was awesome but I didn't "care", certainly not like I care now. I've never experienced a championship from a team I've followed and cared about, not at any level. Not even my high school football team which lost to my husband's team senior year. I was a teenager and nobody else cares about sports in my life as much as I do, its something I had to invest in as I got out on my own and used my free time to focus on that. i didn't go to my first Avs game until 2003, I used to beg for someone to take me before that. My husband bought two tickets to the Detroit game from a scalper that year and surprised me, I'd say about that time is when I became a true fan.

To the window!
Sponsor
Jan 15, 2011
North Cackolacka
I get more sad than nostalgic to look back but what gets to me is that "season" special that aired on ESPN narrated by James Hetfield. That one makes me want to cry my eyes out. I also don't feel like I experienced the glory years as a "fan", it wasn't "my team" like how I follow now. I almost don't want to claim that it was so special to me back then when it really wasn't. Of course I watched, thought it was awesome but I didn't "care", certainly not like I care now. I've never experienced a championship from a team I've followed and cared about, not at any level. Not even my high school football team which lost to my husband's team senior year. I was a teenager and nobody else cares about sports in my life as much as I do, its something I had to invest in as I got out on my own and used my free time to focus on that. i didn't go to my first Avs game until 2003, I used to beg for someone to take me before that. My husband bought two tickets to the Detroit game from a scalper that year and surprised me, I'd say about that time is when I became a true fan.

I think I am more invested today in this team than I was back then, but it still was special to me.

I remember it being a real special bunch of years in Denver when the Broncos and the Avs were at the top of their game back in the late 90's. I moved out there in 1988 and went through some of the down years of the city(definitely not as many as a lot of people, especially those lost championships with the Broncos). My dad was always a hockey fan growing up (he had season tickets to the Atlanta Flames) so I gravitated to the Avalanche very quickly when they moved out. They mean a hell of a lot to me for some reason, always have.

Last edited:

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012

I was there! In the nosebleeds (literally the 4th row from the top in the corner), but that is just semantics. :nod:

The sound of the Pepsi Center exploding when Tangs scored the first goal is something that I will never forget.

To the window!
Sponsor
Jan 15, 2011
North Cackolacka
I was there! In the nosebleeds (literally the 4th row from the top in the corner), but that is just semantics. :nod:

The sound of the Pepsi Center exploding when Tangs scored the first goal is something that I will never forget.

200.gif

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006

I cannot imagine. Like I legit have no idea. I've seen one game in my life. Flew over 4200KM and never even got to see them score a goal :laugh:

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I cannot imagine. Like I legit have no idea. I've seen one game in my life. Flew over 4200KM and never even got to see them score a goal :laugh:

I seriously thought about that the other day I was like poor Kento never even saw a damn goal. :laugh: I was thinking about the games I had fun at even though the season sucked. Like the one against Tampa and the one in Arizona. I wouldn't say the home opener was one. :rant:

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
My only real Avs memory is me slamming my laptop screen shut so that it went black for a little bit and then ripping all the linens out of my bed and throwing them in a pile. :laugh: :cry:

E: Oh and that game against the Rangers where HunnyBunny scored that sick goal, that was maybe the first or second Avs game I actually watched live at night. :laugh:

Last edited:

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
It is hard to explain to people the feeling and connection I have with it. Being an athlete (specifically a hockey player) at a young enough age (15) to think that sports are still everything, watching your favorite team in that sport in the Cup final game 7, and seeing a legend lift the Cup for the first time... it is as much pure joy as I think you can have.

My Dad still has the tickets framed with a picture of us at the game. It sits right over his fireplace. :yo:

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan
I'm so happy right now! One of my best buddies just got drafted by the Tigers in the 10th round. He's the first player from Saskatchewan to be drafted since Andrew Albers back in 2008.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
:laugh:

You'd think your email is something along the lines of firstname.lastname but I guess you can just make a guess like that.

Also kind of reminds me of that one Friends episode with Chandler. I trust everyone to know what I'm talking about so I won't explain it.

But I will! (because I just watched the episode not long ago)

818e6ec205fecde3e027e8909a15f73b.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad