OT: The Avalounge: Only two things are infinite, the universe and

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheStranger

Jan 21, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
Man GOOD JOB. I gained weight in school this past year, I'm about 20-30lbs heavier than I should be. I'm trying to lose weight but have only managed 7-10 lbs over the past two months. Since I used to drink heavily and I'm somewhat heavy right now, some of my liver enzymes are out of whack...so no drinking until I lose weight. Please tell me your secret, I want alcohol again. What's your diet?

Yeah, I was like...80lbs heavier than I should have been? lol. I was up to 272 before I said that's enough. I'm not really following a strict diet at the moment. At first I was, weighing every piece of food I ate, counting every calorie. At that weight, that I was at, basically if I ate less than 3000 calories a day, while sitting on my butt, I would still lose weight. Once I got a handle on an idea of how much I could eat though, I more or less stopped tracking it.

I'm sure it will get harder though when my daily calories burned gets low enough that I start creeping up towards that with my food intake.

I'm probably not going to be much help for you really since I don't have an exact plan other than a really busy physical job mixed with "eating less" and calorie free drinks. My only suggestion would be to check out your TDEE (http://iifym.com/tdee-calculator/) which will give you an idea of how many calories you burn in an average day, and basically the only rule is to stay under that number. Some people like to shoot for a 500 calorie deficit to get a consistent weight loss.

Honestly, at least in my opinion it's as easy as calories in vs calories out. If you take in less than you burn off you lose weight. The only factor is how big the deficit is will affect how quickly you lose weight.

To be honest, if I told a doctor what I'm doing they'd likely tell me to stop, since I don't usually eat a lunch at work, so sometimes I go a full 24 hours without food and just eat supper each night.

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
That calculator is useful. My TDEE is 2261, so I will try to stay at around 1700 calories a day, with a lot of fibre in there. Thanks TheStranger.

billybobjoe2112

Feb 2, 2010
Prince George B.C.
I booked time off in April, today I checked the calendar in my bosses office and I don't have the time off. Turns out my paperwork got lost and now somebody else has the time off. My boss is currently looking to hire somebody part time for the summer to fill gaps when people are on vacation. If he finds somebody, then I can get the time off, if not I'm SOL. :rant:

TheStranger

Jan 21, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
That calculator is useful. My TDEE is 2261, so I will try to stay at around 1700 calories a day, with a lot of fibre in there. Thanks TheStranger.

No problem man good luck.

I just rechecked that calculator since I haven't used it since I started. It's pretty hilarious that sedentary plus my previous weight of 272, is about 1000 calories a day less burned than my current weight + physical job. I can eat like 3500 calories a day right now and still lose a lb every 2-3 days.

It will be a lot harder when I get down to like 190 though.

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000
Game 2 last year was awesome. I also have very fond memories of Sakic's retirement/home opener/Duchene's first game. I went to the Rockies game first that day and they clinched a playoff spot in that game, took the light rail and went to the Avs. That was probably my favorite sports day. My worst was probably when Forsberg knocked us out of a playoff spot with Nashville.
I was at the game four massacre against the wings a few years ago. That was rough.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO

remember as well - the more muscle you develop, the more calories you will burn.

People often make the mistake of just doing cardio to burn off a boat load of calories and then go back to their normal eating habits. Get some muscle too so that you can eat more. To gain muscle in the most efficient matter (and quickly), work out all your muscle groups...not just the chest and arms like all dudes do.

TheStranger

Jan 21, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
remember as well - the more muscle you develop, the more calories you will burn.

People often make the mistake of just doing cardio to burn off a boat load of calories and then go back to their normal eating habits. Get some muscle too so that you can eat more. To gain muscle in the most efficient matter (and quickly), work out all your muscle groups...not just the chest and arms like all dudes do.

The biggest mistake is thinking it's not a permanent lifestyle change.

Papa Francouz

Nov 25, 2013
Denver, CO
My buddies just got me to sign up for an escape room - has anyone done one of those before? We're gonna go to the Epic Escape Game in Denver and try our hand at being clever. I've heard the puzzles are pretty tough, though, so I'm not going into it too confident.

member 116861

My buddies just got me to sign up for an escape room - has anyone done one of those before? We're gonna go to the Epic Escape Game in Denver and try our hand at being clever. I've heard the puzzles are pretty tough, though, so I'm not going into it too confident.

I did one of these and we got to the last step but lost because it was incredibly stupid. Still a lot of fun though.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO

let me know how it goes. I wanted to do this as a team build exercise

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad