OT: The Avalounge (mod warning - No Politics)

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Unrelated note: I got sent on a short notice work trip to central Illinois this week, which just so happened to take me right into the path of totality for the eclipse. That shit was f***ing epic, absolutely surreal to see the sun blocked out with just the halo of the corona around it. If you ever get a chance, do anything you can to see it happen in person, just an amazing experience. I missed the last one, and I only got to see this one by a lucky break, but I'm so glad I got the chance.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Unrelated note: I got sent on a short notice work trip to central Illinois this week, which just so happened to take me right into the path of totality for the eclipse. That shit was f***ing epic, absolutely surreal to see the sun blocked out with just the halo of the corona around it. If you ever get a chance, do anything you can to see it happen in person, just an amazing experience. I missed the last one, and I only got to see this one by a lucky break, but I'm so glad I got the chance.

Yeah I saw it in 2017. Luckily did not have to travel to see it. But I agree, it's worth doing whatever you gotta do to witness, it's totally surreal.

Reactions: McMetal

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012

It feels like every other month this guy is asking fans of petition for him. I really, REALLY liked 300 and Watchmen, but since then, all of his films have kinda sucked. I really don't understand how this guy got such a good reputation after only two good films. Man of Steel, was mediocre at best, all of his Justice League stuff was a travesty.

• Haha
Reactions: sethro109

Murzu

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2013
Finland
So if I'd want to have a decent steak dinner for two in downtown Denver for ~100+150$ + tips (no wine), where should we head tomorrow evening?

SB

Mar 9, 2004
Colorado
So if I'd want to have a decent steak dinner for two in downtown Denver for ~100+150$ + tips (no wine), where should we head tomorrow evening?
Can one do Guard and Grace for that? I have never actually done a steakhouse without wine…. but it’s the best thing out there now, I believe. Will look up menu now.

• Love
Reactions: Murzu

Murzu

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2013
Finland
Can one do Guard and Grace for that? I have never actually done a steakhouse without wine…. but it’s the best thing out there now, I believe. Will look up menu now.

Wine might happen, but thinking about the food price & food quality factors here.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Guard and Grace is probably the best steakhouses in Denver. $150 is probably doable without wine. I also really like Ruth Chris and Steakhouse 10 although thats probably ~15 mins south of downtown Denver.

• Love

Murzu

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2013
Finland
Thank you so much guys! I'll check those places. A little bit further from downtown is fine, Uber is always available.

Reactions: The Moops

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Would you like me to post the review of Zack Snyder!'s ten hour long Batman film or whatever it was?
Not really. I head Zach wasn't even happy with it. *LOL*

What I really want to see is the dead and buried Batgirl movie that had Michael Keaton back as Batman.

Murzu

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2013
Finland
Guard and Grace is probably the best steakhouses in Denver. $150 is probably doable without wine. I also really like Ruth Chris and Steakhouse 10 although thats probably ~15 mins south of downtown Denver.

Also Denver Steakhouse | Denver's Oldest Restaurant | Buckhorn Exchange if you want to go full Old West Denver style. I have no idea how the food is though?

Thanks for the recommendations again!

I took us to the Buckhorn Exchange, and it was an excellent choise! Food was great and there was A LOT of it. They even gave us free desserts for my gf's birthday. The place was certainly.. unique :laugh: But that was fun! Service delivered, a great experience.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016

I took us to the Buckhorn Exchange, and it was an excellent choise! Food was great and there was A LOT of it. They even gave us free desserts for my gf's birthday. The place was certainly.. unique :laugh: But that was fun! Service delivered, a great experience.
Oh the Buckhorn Exchange is a great choice! Definitely a little different than a normal steakhouse experience, but that’s a Colorado staple.

• Love

SB

Mar 9, 2004
Colorado

But did you have the Rocky Mountain oysters???

Nov 20, 2013
Sweden
The Utah club finally got a name:

Choco Crabs Rediscovered in Utah's Salt Lake: Utah NHL Team Named in Honor

A Successful Breeding Program Unveils the Unique Species and Inspires New Team Name

*Salt Lake City, Utah -* In a surprising turn of events, the once thought extinct Choco Crabs have been rediscovered thriving in the depths of Utah's Salt Lake. Following a successful breeding program, these chocolate-colored crustaceans are making waves not only in the scientific community but also in the sports world.

Discovered in the 1970s by marine biologists conducting research in the saline waters of Salt Lake, the Choco Crabs were initially believed to be extinct due to habitat loss and pollution. However, recent efforts by conservationists and researchers have led to the development of a breeding program aimed at reviving this unique species.

Dr. Emily Hernandez, lead scientist at the Utah Marine Conservation Institute, expressed her excitement, stating, "The rediscovery of Choco Crabs is a testament to the resilience of nature and the importance of conservation efforts. We are thrilled to see these fascinating creatures thriving once again."

The successful breeding program has not only bolstered the Choco Crab population but has also attracted international attention. As a result, Utah's new state mascot, the Choco Crab, has been embraced by the local community and beyond.

In a surprising announcement, the newly established NHL team based in Utah has adopted the name "Utah Choco Crabs" in honor of this newfound symbol of resilience and conservation. The team's logo features a stylized Choco Crab adorned with hockey gear, embodying the spirit of strength and determination.

Governor Sarah Thompson commended the decision, stating, "The Utah Choco Crabs represent our state's commitment to preserving our natural heritage while embracing innovation and progress. We welcome this new era of sportsmanship and unity under the banner of the Choco Crab."

The Utah Choco Crabs are set to make their debut in the upcoming NHL season, promising an exciting blend of athleticism and environmental advocacy. With the Choco Crabs taking center stage, Utah's sporting landscape is poised for a sweet and memorable journey.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad