OT: The Avalounge: Food, Hipster Beer, Smiley's Chix and Everything Else

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
13996252_1062658140491636_3132036879457229916_o.jpg

First time ever seeing a house centipede... I had no idea they could have such long legs.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
13996252_1062658140491636_3132036879457229916_o.jpg

First time ever seeing a house centipede... I had no idea they could have such long legs.

Wtf is that. I'm so glad we don't get weird **** like that here. I mean we get small insects like tiny spiders and **** like that. We also get bumble bees and mice but we don't get anything like what's in that picture. No reptiles/snakes, no alligators, no dangerous birds, no cockroaches or tarantulas.

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
Watched a 6 inch house centipede crawl around in my garage tonight. Freak me the hell out. They are strange looking bugs.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Let me know how you like it. Not because I might buy it, since I haven't made the change to PS4, but it looks real interesting.

I just lost 4 hours in it before I even looked up. The game is purely about survival and exploration, but it is VERY addicting and the scale is absurd. You can spend hours and hours just flying between planets in the same solar system.

LieutenantDangle

Barry McKockner
Oct 28, 2014
'Merica
Wtf is that. I'm so glad we don't get weird **** like that here. I mean we get small insects like tiny spiders and **** like that. We also get bumble bees and mice but we don't get anything like what's in that picture. No reptiles/snakes, no alligators, no dangerous birds, no cockroaches or tarantulas.

I love bumble bees. They're so fat, it's like how can they even fly good?

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
Watched a 6 inch house centipede crawl around in my garage tonight. Freak me the hell out. They are strange looking bugs.

I know right? I opened my fridge and this huge shadow flew out from under it. I thought I was seeing things, so I looked around the corner and there was this thing that looks like 5 spiders glued together just chilling. Cornered it and put it into that bag, then let it go outside.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I know right? I opened my fridge and this huge shadow flew out from under it. I thought I was seeing things, so I looked around the corner and there was this thing that looks like 5 spiders glued together just chilling. Cornered it and put it into that bag, then let it go outside.

Wow, you're brave. I would have set my house on fire and fled the country.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
Wow, you're brave. I would have set my house on fire and fled the country.

If it had been a spider that size I would have burned everything down and started over again. For some reason this guy intrigued me more than anything else.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I probably have a few hundred black widows in my basement that actually keep all the bugs at bay in my house. Maybe a couple times a year I get an earwig.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
They are not nearly as dangerous as people think. They really don't bite unless you are provoking them and/or endangering their eggs. Then when people are bitten, rarely do they actually need antivenom. I've lived with them for years now. At first I was worried, but there really isn't much to fear with them.

Last edited:

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I've been living in my house for almost four months now and the only living unwanted thing I've ever come across was two small spiders in my basement and a ladybug on my couch.

It may be cold here and our summers may be short but at least we don't have to deal with anything scary or dangerous :laugh:

Aside from getting bitten by a neighbors dog or moose vehicle accidents I have never heard of any type of insect/animal related injury anywhere near me. There was a polar bear attack on the northern peninsula a few years ago but that's like a twelve hour drive from me. There's also been three or four coyote sightings in St. John's over the last few years but it's always just an individual coyote. Never more than one so they are probably more scared that the humans who witnessed them.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
A polar bear attack! Goodness.

Probably the weirdest thing I've seen is when elk come down from the mountains and just hang out in a random park. Keep in mind I live in suburbia. It's the west side but still

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I saw a mountain lion the other day when I was having my morning coffee... I live in the middle of nowhere though.

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
I hadn't grilled for about a month until this past weekend.
I went outside to the grill, grabbed the grate, and brought it in to scrub it.
Start scrubbing and after a minute or two, I feel this tickle on my arm.
A black widow.
Apparently, she was in the grill, and I brought her in the house.
I gave my arm a shake to get her loose, then washed her down the drain.
NEVER brush a black widow off your arm! The pressure they feel when you brush them is what might make them bite.
As Henchy said, they're very shy spiders, and will rarely bite. Even then, they can control how much -- if any -- venom they spit into you.
We have them in the shed, the garage, under the house, occasionally in the house...and apparently occasionally in the grill.

LieutenantDangle

Barry McKockner
Oct 28, 2014
'Merica
i live in grizzly bear country. you always carry bear spray and a sidearm when you go on hikes where i live. there are lots of mountain lions too, but they aren't very scary unless you're a below average sized human and all alone, and the lion is starving.

last fall I was hunting and jumped a Grizzly sow and two cubs... I've never been so close to pooping myself in adulthood then i was at that moment

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
When I used to go salmon fishing, I used to sit along the river with black and grizzly bears just fishing together. They were so preoccupied with themselves that would could be within 50-100'. Now I carried a .45 just to be safe, but they were far more interested in the fish and eachother than me. The biggest issue is they had the best fishing spots. :rant:

On another note, dating a vegan is weird...

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
You have to expand on that.

Which part the chick or the veganness :naughty:

It is just weird with the simple things pretty much being taken out of the dating aspect. You go to the movies, you pretty much don't buy concessions (most candy has some sort of animal product... popcorn is disgusting without butter). The spontaneity of choosing a place to eat changes since (at least if you are not a dick) you want them to have vegan option. It is the little things like that you don't realize would change, but totally do. Being a pretty spontaneous person in that regard, it is a learning curve, but I find myself being more thoughtful (BTW best date ever for a vegan seems to be a farmer's market followed by a picnic... :naughty:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad