OT: The Avalounge: Come in an take a quiz. That's all we seem to do around here anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
The CEO of my company is stepping down... first time in years that I am considering leaving my company.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
Hench what would do you instead?

I'm only curious because I'm at a pivot point in my career. I'm trying to decide what I'm going to be doing after the next 3 years. I'm actually thinking of starting my own company but just not sure.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Hench what would do you instead?

I'm only curious because I'm at a pivot point in my career. I'm trying to decide what I'm going to be doing after the next 3 years. I'm actually thinking of starting my own company but just not sure.

No idea... I'm settled enough that if things got bad, I could quit and take some time to figure it out. I've been thinking of moving for a while, maybe I go that direction with a different company first (sameish field though). I doubt I'd want to take the risk to start my own company, but this might be the opportunity to do it and start building something in my 30s.

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
DENVER!!!!!!!
Being an uncle's awesome! I have five nephews.

Yeah, I have a niece and five nephews. Fun times.

Yeah, it should be fun.I'm so happy for my lil sis.

Anyway, I've spent the past hour trying to locate one tiny little piece of information on one of my accounts with Wells Fargo. I'm pretty much fed up with them, their zero interest accounts, and all of their scandals and whatnot. I'm considering moving most of my banking needs over to a local credit union. Anyone use a small credit union vs a big bank?

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Can't help you there hockeyfish but my experience is 1st bank has been a good local bank.

Any good geography sporcles? I've done the name all the countries one but anything more fun than that? But not like name the African capitols.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Any good geography sporcles? I've done the name all the countries one but anything more fun than that? But not like name the African capitols.

Geography/history ones I hate are the ones where you have to click on the country. I always hit one country to the side trying to find some ****ing Moldova.

I've done fun ones where you have to guess like the top countries in different categories or whatever (like one giant quiz), but those are difficult to find, I've stumbled on them.

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
Been back at work for almost a full week now and I forgot how much I actually enjoy carpentry. I'm back working with many of the same people I worked with before and I really enjoy working with them. We work fast, hard, well, and have a good time doing it. I'll be bummed if I get laid off by this company again when the contracts dry up again.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Been back at work for almost a full week now and I forgot how much I actually enjoy carpentry. I'm back working with many of the same people I worked with before and I really enjoy working with them. We work fast, hard, well, and have a good time doing it. I'll be bummed if I get laid off by this company again when the contracts dry up again.

You seem to like exploring. If you're ever laid off you should come to Newfoundland. I'll pay your way here, you look after the labor on some of my home renos I have planned for free and I'll be your wing man on George street and introduce you to some friends.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Started playing Dishonoured II earlier in the week. Too early to tell how good it will be, but I am loving it so far especially the new powers.

It has been way harder from what I've experienced in the first game. The game has also crashed twice on me.

You seem to like exploring. If you're ever laid off you should come to Newfoundland. I'll pay your way here, you look after the labor on some of my home renos I have planned for free and I'll be your wing man on George street and introduce you to some friends.
That's actually an awesome offer, but what about Smiley's visa? When I played in Canada, they had ten times the security and restrictions that USA possesses.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Started playing Dishonoured II earlier in the week. Too early to tell how good it will be, but I am loving it so far especially the new powers.

It has been way harder from what I've experienced in the first game. The game has also crashed twice on me.

That's actually an awesome offer, but what about Smiley's visa? When I played in Canada, they had ten times the security and restrictions that USA possesses.

I don't mean move here for a long time lol. I need a new back deck, a new fence and some framing done in the basement. It would be for like a week lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad