OT: The Avalounge: Come in an take a quiz. That's all we seem to do around here anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
Big Brother Canada is a truly horrendous show. USA version is much, much better

US version of the old days? Yeah. US version of the past few years? God no, it's horrible, had to stop watching it a few years ago. It's painfully scripted and fake. This is definitely my least favourite season of BBCan so far though.

Both are scripted, but I feel like the Canada version knows it's kinda silly and does whatever. At the end of the day I wanna be entertained so it doesn't really matter, I enjoy some mind numbing TV every now and then.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I only watched big brother once and it was because two guys I know were on it. I actually really enjoyed it but I think it was more so because they were on it than I liked the show itself.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
While this may be true, there is a distinct difference between the two versions. US version doesn't feel nearly as scripted.

They do stuff that's clearly for the cameras but to me the best part about Big Brother is the feeds and following along what's really going on. So for that reason it's about as real as it can get. There's always producer manipulation too but they talk about it. I don't watch the feeds directly but there's Twitter accounts that post constantly and live blog recap sites and if I like a cast I'll watch the after dark show.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Big Brother is okay but Survivor is where it's at. The least scripted reality show IMO.

Its made of entirely edited footage, it's scripted to a degree. Now there's always someone who just so happens to have a medical emergency, no?

I know all the Britney songs pretty much but to recall the titles off the top of my head, that's tough.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Survivor is pretty scripted. I don't know how it compares to other reality shows because I don't watch any of them... but I can say Survivor is pretty scripted.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
US version of the old days? Yeah. US version of the past few years? God no, it's horrible, had to stop watching it a few years ago. It's painfully scripted and fake. This is definitely my least favourite season of BBCan so far though.

Both are scripted, but I feel like the Canada version knows it's kinda silly and does whatever. At the end of the day I wanna be entertained so it doesn't really matter, I enjoy some mind numbing TV every now and then.

I thoroughly enjoyed the last US season of Big Brother. It was definitely scripted to a degree but this Canadian season is so over the top scripted and we are only in week 3. It's only going to get worse.

I only watched big brother once and it was because two guys I know were on it. I actually really enjoyed it but I think it was more so because they were on it than I liked the show itself.

I enjoy the show for the competitions and to see how smart people are. For example, a recent Big Brother winner was actually a private investigator I believe, and he completely fooled everyone in the house by lying about what he did for a living, and actually used his police training to manipulate people and get by in the house, eventually coming clean and telling everyone who he was as he won the game.

I don't care much for the relationships or the "drama" which seems 100% fabricated.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I thoroughly enjoyed the last US season of Big Brother. It was definitely scripted to a degree but this Canadian season is so over the top scripted and we are only in week 3. It's only going to get worse.

I enjoy the show for the competitions and to see how smart people are. For example, a recent Big Brother winner was actually a private investigator I believe, and he completely fooled everyone in the house by lying about what he did for a living, and actually used his police training to manipulate people and get by in the house, eventually coming clean and telling everyone who he was as he won the game.

I don't care much for the relationships or the "drama" which seems 100% fabricated.

Derrick was a great winner. Dan is my all time fave too. Such great game players. I love that part of the game. Boston Rob from Survivor is an all time great too. Those guys go above and beyond, such great strategists.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
Oh no doubt they are truly out there. I mean more the game. I don't think it's rigged but the producers are very well adept as getting the reactions they want.

Yeah, true. For Survivor I see it more of they pick the cast/change up the rules to get the script that they want.

For example when Boston Rob won, it was pretty much a bunch of mindless nobodies + Rob/Russel. It was a cake walk for him.

The living situations, the challenges, the drama all seem real to me. If I don't eat for a day I get cranky as F. I couldn't imagine how I'd be eating rice and random fish for 40 days.

Though with the challenges I do think they pick which challenges to do based on how good certain people are at them. For example if someone production wants to see go farther is good at puzzle challenges vs endurance challenges, they'll put in more puzzle challenges.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
Derrick was a great winner. Dan is my all time fave too. Such great game players. I love that part of the game. Boston Rob from Survivor is an all time great too. Those guys go above and beyond, such great strategists.

Dan, Dr.Will, Russell and Debbie are my favourites.

Dan/Will/Russell because they're masterminds/ruthless.

Debbie because she's a a lunatic.

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
I didn't know Joey Jordison wasn't in either Slipknot or Murderdolls.

He was. He's been in several bands.

Wednesday 13 (born Joseph Poole) was in Murderdolls, too.
He's coming to concert in my hokey little town.

Yes, I live in a hokey town (not to be confused with a hockey town)...

Thepoolmaster

Dec 3, 2011
Survivor's edit after the show is made is definitely scripted in the sense that they want winners to look good and certain people to be villains.

Although from what I understand from interviews etc. the challenges and rules are all made before the show. So the challenge for episode 10 is determined before the show. If it benefits someone they like that's just luck. However in returning seasons (like the Boston rob win) that one was kind of designed for his benefit. In terms of getting the reaction they want sure they ask the right questions in confessional but it wouldn't matter. People will clash regardless especially after the lack of food and the rain.

Of course it could be somewhat fake as well but I enjoy it so whatever. Hate big brother though. Too gimmicky and annoying. The trend in survivor to try to "say things for the hashtag" is something I don't like either

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->