OT: The Avalounge: Bittersweet victory/Bubba and Henchy Break Up/Daily Food Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Speaking of ticket prices. I just paid $400 PER TICKET to see the Avs in Montreal in December. Insane. Now they're great seats (7 rows behind the Avs bench) and we have 5 tickets in a row which makes it tougher to find but still that's a lot of cash.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Speaking of ticket prices. I just paid $400 PER TICKET to see the Avs in Montreal in December. Insane. Now they're great seats (7 rows behind the Avs bench) and we have 5 tickets in a row which makes it tougher to find but still that's a lot of cash.

Habs tickets are always insane... I love going to games there (maybe the best arena in the NHL), but they are spendy.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Fine... I'll make it last. Though I do now have a solid pipeline to get Toppling Goliath beers now. Next time KingSue. :yo:

not a troll

Oct 24, 2012

I remember how ecstatic my friend from Montreal was that he only had to pay $20 to see them play the Ducks in Anaheim.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012

V0xeJ.gif

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I remember how ecstatic my friend from Montreal was that he only had to pay $20 to see them play the Ducks in Anaheim.

20 is pretty damn good for anywhere unless the seats are complete crap. I'm spoiled and usually go for good tix around $60-100 in the lower bowl. I call that a good deal. I'm usually by myself too so that doesn't even need to include others in tow.

Jealous kento, I love going to away games. Montreal is surely better than anywhere I've been.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I was looking st Bronco tix the other day. Holy crap are they expensive, $100 to sit in the highest section of the stadium. Totally not worth it.

not a troll

Oct 24, 2012
20 is pretty damn good for anywhere unless the seats are complete crap. I'm spoiled and usually go for good tix around $60-100 in the lower bowl. I call that a good deal. I'm usually by myself too so that doesn't even need to include others in tow.

Jealous kento, I love going to away games. Montreal is surely better than anywhere I've been.

$20 were standard nosebleeds. He was here doing his post-doc so he doesn't get paid much he was just happy to see his team.

Lower bowl starts at $60 at the Pond which I agree is a good deal and what I pay to see the Avs when they come to Southern California. The only time tickets surge is when the Hawks come to town.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Most female hairstylists hate cutting mens hair as much, if not more than men hate women screwing up their hair. They're in the industry to make other women feel beautiful and play with hair which is something they love.

This used to be my girlfriends occupation and I learned this from her and all her friends. Since then I started going to a small hipster barber shop and the consistency is incredible. I'll never go back.

Now that's not to say that some women don't enjoy doing mens cuts, but for the most part it's the most dreaded part of the day. Most women who would prefer to work on men work at a barbershop instead of a salon.

Wait, maybe I am misinterpreting what you're trying to say here, but I should feel sorry that a woman has to cut my hair because I am a man, and additionally I have to pay for it? If that is truly what you're saying, that must be one of the most illogical things I heard all year.

People have aspects of their job they don't like, if women hate cutting men's hair, then get out of the business or open a beauty shop just for ladies. Don't displease the customer, man or woman with ****** haircuts because "they don't want to do it, boo hoo".

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Over the last five years I've gone between two hairstyles.

First: #1 blade on the side (almost scalped) and #4 on top, fade the sides up to blend and make it look decent. (I call it the Gibbs)

Second: Sometimes my wife cuts little things that are bothering her but other than that I follow RL's favorite band's advice and "Let it Be". It's been over my shoulders, in a pony-tail or somewhere in-between.

I'm back to the first look now...but with winter coming am thinking about letting it grow again.

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
Didn't even make it home from last night until right now. Had to walk 3 miles to get to my bike in the morning just so I could be almost an hour late to work. Luckily my bosses thought it was funny that I had such a crazy night.

Part of me wants to stop doing this kind of stuff... but at the same time I had a blast last night.

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
DENVER!!!!!!!
Agreed - hobby needed.

You going to GABF? I've got tix for the Sat session. I've been to GABF many times but never Sat AM. I can't do the frat party Friday nights any more.

Make sure you stop by and say hi. I'll probably be at the booth the last half of that session.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad