OT: The Avalounge: aka Free Relationship and Beer Brewing Advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I'm just purely curious. The times I have been to Sweden I have loved it. It is a great country. I didn't like it as much as Norway, Netherlands, or Denmark, but it is a great country. That said, Canada is a great country to live in too.

If I was choosing anywhere... I'd go to the Netherlands. Maybe I just want the challenge of dating Dutch women though. :naughty:

I am seriously thinking about it but it is far from confirmed. I know that some of the schools in Sweden have the Master's program that I am looking to join. Either way I have to move away from Vancouver so either Victoria, Calgary, Saskatchewan or Sweden. Thought I would go there for a year or two if possible because Sweden is beautiful and awesome.

Absolutely nothing wrong with that. From my longer experience in Europe, it was hard to come back... even to this day there are times where I think I should have stayed.

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
DENVER!!!!!!!
Definately a Colorado brewer... next we will be hearing about the epic beard growth through the winter. :laugh:

Well, I did stop shaving on Aug. 1st. Last year, I let it go all the way until Feb 1st, when it got turned into epic mutton chops. This year, I'm keeping it neat and trimmed. Not sure yet how long I want it though.

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
I started my goatee / circle beard a couple weeks ago.

71fbf418a8cd37f87325e92cd5827d1d.jpg

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
To respond to the dream car question I'm a huge fan of Aston Martins so something like the One-77. Something more "realistic" would be an Audi RS7(or just A7 for that matter) or some sort of Audi, Audi has done a great job in the last decade of really improving their quality of car.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
To respond to the dream car question I'm a huge fan of Aston Martins so something like the One-77. Something more "realistic" would be an Audi RS7(or just A7 for that matter) or some sort of Audi, Audi has done a great job in the last decade of really improving their quality of car.

Not a One-77 by any means, but DP9s and V8 Vantages are far more affordable than people think. That said... they are a ticking time bomb of absurd maintenance.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Not a One-77 by any means, but DP9s and V8 Vantages are far more affordable than people think. That said... they are a ticking time bomb of absurd maintenance.

A One-77 is an absolute dream car and nothing else lol, it's around $1.5mil if I'm not mistaken? But the DB9's and Vantages aren't extremely outrageously expensive, while still arguably the best looking sports cars out there. Hey they still having nothing on Alfa Romeo ;)

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Ferrari 250 GTO, none other compares.

Keeping it far more realistic, I'd be chopped to bits to own an A5 or A6.

Fantastic choice there really, the 250 California would be my choice for old Ferrari's I think. Just beautiful.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
"I'm so excited to drive my new Alfa Rome- CLUNK. Dammit!" They're such good looking cars, for the most part, but you can't drive them anywhere without something breaking.

I've owned 4 now... 2 of them were perfectly reliable. :laugh:

The sounds that they make are the absolute best.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
Clarkson has a good line about Alfa's: The Italians invented electricity, so it makes sense they are good at creating electrical issues as well.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I've owned 4 now... 2 of them were perfectly reliable. :laugh:

The sounds that they make are the absolute best.

And the other 2?:laugh: I'm a valet so I've gotten to see which cars are nice, which cars suck and what not, but I've unfortunately never had a Alfa come in. I really wanna see how they drive, heard nothing but good things, so longs as it's not in the shop lol.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Clarkson has a good line about Alfa's: The Italians invented electricity, so it makes sense they are good at creating electrical issues as well.

Clarkson has to be one of the most quotable people out there. He's incredibly inappropriate, which makes him extremely hilarious as well.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
And the other 2?:laugh: I'm a valet so I've gotten to see which cars are nice, which cars suck and what not, but I've unfortunately never had a Alfa come in. I really wanna see how they drive, heard nothing but good things, so longs as it's not in the shop lol.

We just won't speak about them. Alfa is one of my favorite brands... just so much soul all way through the cars. My 1750 GTV was one of my favorite cars I've ever owned. I want a 2000 this next go round, but I will own another 105/115 GTV. The 164 was awesome, but not at the same time. I spent 3x what I bought the car for getting it somewhat reliable...

My GTV6 was also a pretty reliable car, but I bought a really nice example to start from an Alfa guy so it shouldn't be too surprising.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
We just won't speak about them. Alfa is one of my favorite brands... just so much soul all way through the cars. My 1750 GTV was one of my favorite cars I've ever owned. I want a 2000 this next go round, but I will own another 105/115 GTV. The 164 was awesome, but not at the same time. I spent 3x what I bought the car for getting it somewhat reliable...

That's pretty much what I hear about Alfa's is that even though they drive everyone crazy with their reliability, they're just amazing cars. One of my buddy's dad has an old school Spyder, I wanna say 92, that's pretty freaking sweet.

To the window!
Sponsor
Jan 15, 2011
North Cackolacka
I've just always liked European women for some reason. It appears they have so much less drama associated with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad