OT: The Avalounge: A Chicken Is Not A Sweater

Status
Not open for further replies.

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
Taylor Swift also does a lot of charity stuff, I love her for that.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
Have you played Agar Io?

It's a browser based multiplayer blob eating game, where the goal is to grow your blob and eat smaller blobs. There is some strategy to it in smaller blobs are faster and you can split your blob to either launch yourself at a smaller blob and eat it or to escape if a giant blob threatens you.

Awesome little game.

Stayed atop the eastern leaderboard for my entire life once... I'll pretend I won the game and be good now.

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
I don't disagree with that, but so frequently I don't hear that as the justification. I know I probably sound like I have an issue with her or her music, I don't... I just don't get the hype.

1. Florida Georgia Line
2. Taylor Swift
3. Blake Shelton
4. Lady Antebellum
5. Luke Bryan
Repeat. :laugh:

I honestly really don't either. It's overhyped and really nothing that spectacular. That's a pretty good method of how to become wildly popular though, I mean let's compare it to McDonald's for example. I don't think many reasonable person would try to argue that McDonald's exactly exemplifies haute cuisine, but that doesn't mean it's not wildly popular either. Also has its fair share of haters who think it's gross.

FoppaForsberg*

T-Swift is life.

I don't really care for her music (Okay I kind of do, it's catchy) but she's very attractive and is genuinely a good person, good enough for me.

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
T-Swift is love. T-Swith is life.

Not much depth to her but her songs are catchy and she is hot as hell. I can dig that.

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
So a 3-hour visit to the ER with a CT scan costs $8,218.18 according to the bill I just got in the mail.

Glad I get to forward this to my insurance company instead of having to pay it myself.

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
So a 3-hour visit to the ER with a CT scan costs $8,218.18 according to the bill I just got in the mail.

Glad I get to forward this to my insurance company instead of having to pay it myself.

Thank god for health insurance. But man it is weird how america does health care. How in the world do we not have socialized medicine?

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
That is mind boggling as a Canadian.

This is the most mind-boggling part of the bill:

3290182f3e.jpg

Because if I'm uninsured a 25% discount only if I pay within 14 days is going to make a huge difference on me. :sarcasm:

If I were uninsured and could afford to spend $6,163.64 at the drop of a hat like that, then why the hell would I be uninsured?

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Thank god for health insurance. But man it is weird how america does health care. How in the world do we not have socialized medicine?

The Heath Care system is mind boggling. And then depending on your insurance you could either owe zero of Tricia's bill or still like 7k of it, it's like Russian roulette. It's not going to change until our government gets out of bed with the drug and insurance companies. It either needs to go completely socialized or completely capitalistic. No more ""insurance", no more system. I'll get what I need out of the country if I have to.

"Hey America, you have to pay a ton of money for this thing and then it only makes your bills kinda cheaper. Sometimes. And the best part? Now it's the law to pay for the thing! Congratulations, now hand your money over. "

Last edited:

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007

Unfortunately this is the world we live in. Hospitals need to recover the costs associated with everyone that doesn't pay from the people that do pay. In addition to the marked up equipment fees the companies charge the hospitals to cover the additional taxes that the government charges the medical companies to cover the additional lost taxes that are due to people without insurance being unable to work.

It's a viscous cycle.

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan
Unfortunately this is the world we live in. Hospitals need to recover the costs associated with everyone that doesn't pay from the people that do pay. In addition to the marked up equipment fees the companies charge the hospitals to cover the additional taxes that the government charges the medical companies to cover the additional lost taxes that are due to people without insurance being unable to work.

It's a viscous cycle.

Country

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
It really bums me out that the system (like so many others) is set up really only to screw the poor.

Who's having to take unpaid leave to deal with a health crisis? Those with low paying jobs.
Who's not going to have health insurance to cover the absurd costs? Those same impoverished people.
Who's going to be forced into unfixable debt because they can't make the lump sum payment which saves them only even a little money? The poor again.

So they don't have insurance and let their health fail simply because our system is screwed up and is a vicious cycle.

It's a viscous cycle.

It is really, really thick cycle. :sarcasm:

Also 5 posts till new thread. Who gets the honors of naming the next avalounge?

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
I'm pretty sure this is my most active avalounge ever. Made soooooo many posts during those last weeks of school. Thank god that's done for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad