OT: The Avalounge: A Chicken Is Not A Sweater

Status
Not open for further replies.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I'd guess I am just old, but I really don't get the whole Taylor Swift thing...

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Have you played Agar Io?

It's a browser based multiplayer blob eating game, where the goal is to grow your blob and eat smaller blobs. There is some strategy to it in smaller blobs are faster and you can split your blob to either launch yourself at a smaller blob and eat it or to escape if a giant blob threatens you.

Awesome little game.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
A 33 year old female doesn't get it either. I get the young, cute, simple personal lyrics and catchy songs that made her popular but her pop stuff is absolutely atrocious. She had so much clout she could have done anything and she makes teen pop, there is no worse genre. None.

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
I wasn't speaking to that video (the video was funny), but in general as to why she is so popular. I'm just guessing that a near 30 year old male isn't supposed to get it.
Her music is great.

-12yr old male-

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
More people should love Christina Perri, her voice is amazing.

Even my TA is bored of this 3 hour class, she's just on her laptop now.

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
I like her music. It's brainless and catchy.

I've played the piano for over 20 years so I can completely understand and appreciate more complex and sophisticated music (in fact, play it myself). Sometimes your brain needs a break.

Same reason a lot of professional chefs can't be arsed cooking for themselves and half their diet is ramen noodles.

not a troll

Oct 24, 2012
I know a lot of her songs but mostly because every fifth song on the local country station is a Swift song. It's actually handy for when I'm out of ideas on what to sing at karaoke.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I like her music. It's brainless and catchy.

I've played the piano for over 20 years so I can completely understand and appreciate more complex and sophisticated music (in fact, play it myself). Sometimes your brain needs a break.

Same reason a lot of professional chefs can't be arsed cooking for themselves and half their diet is ramen noodles.

I don't disagree with that, but so frequently I don't hear that as the justification. I know I probably sound like I have an issue with her or her music, I don't... I just don't get the hype.

I know a lot of her songs but mostly because every fifth song on the local country station is a Swift song. It's actually handy for when I'm out of ideas on what to sing at karaoke.

1. Florida Georgia Line
2. Taylor Swift
3. Blake Shelton
4. Lady Antebellum
5. Luke Bryan
Repeat. :laugh:

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
The country stuff I can understand just the teen pop stuff, which is the entry level genre for artists, is what baffles me. She could have done ANYTHING else but she does music the 10 year olds on Disney start out making.

I understand brainless and fun, I like commercial rock. :sarcasm:

not a troll

Oct 24, 2012
I don't disagree with that, but so frequently I don't hear that as the justification. I know I probably sound like I have an issue with her or her music, I don't... I just don't get the hype.

1. Florida Georgia Line
2. Taylor Swift
3. Blake Shelton
4. Lady Antebellum
5. Luke Bryan
Repeat. :laugh:

Pretty much. I wish they would try to squeeze in some Brad Paisley or Zac Brown more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad