The Art of Custom Made Players

Status
Not open for further replies.

grentthealien

Oct 2, 2016
Newfoundland
I am going to sound pretty psychotic here.. but I am going to attempt to create a FULL roster document with every player who played in the NHL from 1940-2010.. It will have everything from overalls to potentials to player types.. Whenever I finish all that I will probably also work on getting facials done for everyone too so that way anyone can create whoever they want.. This project will probably take years of work but I think it could be really beneficial. The reason I am not doing prior to 1940 is the lack of information we have for players from the early 1900s. But maybe once we get this 70 year period done we could add earlier players.. What do you guys think?
I prefer the other P word Passionate lol. I know I for one would really appreciate that. Especially the faces as I struggle with them a good bit. It would likely take a few years but it would be an amazing resource to have. Just take it slow doing a little bit at a time so you don’t get burnt out.

Reactions: SnipeNScore

SnipeNScore

Mar 31, 2019
Ottawa, ON
www.youtube.com
I prefer the other P word Passionate lol. I know I for one would really appreciate that. Especially the faces as I struggle with them a good bit. It would likely take a few years but it would be an amazing resource to have. Just take it slow doing a little bit at a time so you don’t get burnt out.
yea man, the faces will definitely take the most time to do so that is what ill probably do last lol

Boxscore

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
Great to see that others are as crazy as me with creating legends lol. Last year (NHL 19) I created an all-time Soviet Red Army team--my players were perfect! I was even able to get the jerseys almost exact.

jocke7

Jan 24, 2019
Stockholm, Sweden
Great to see that others are as crazy as me with creating legends lol. Last year (NHL 19) I created an all-time Soviet Red Army team--my players were perfect! I was even able to get the jerseys almost exact.

Cool, Sapinvert and I created the Soviet '72 team last year as well, I don't know if you saw some pages back in this thread.

Would be fun to see pictures of your Soviet players/jerseys, or anyting else you created for that matter :)

Feel free to post if you feel like it

I am working on the NHL 20 Alumni roster still, but only about 100 players left now and I will have full rosters for all 31 teams, with no duplicates.

Only creating players whose name is in the "play by play" list, and no players who did not wear helmets during the careers.

I'll post some pics of my latest creations some day soon. And also add the details to the spreadsheet.

Boxscore

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
Cool, Sapinvert and I created the Soviet '72 team last year as well, I don't know if you saw some pages back in this thread.

Would be fun to see pictures of your Soviet players/jerseys, or anyting else you created for that matter :)

I am working on the NHL 20 Alumni roster still, but only about 100 players left now and I will have full rosters for all 31 teams, with no duplicates.

Only creating players whose name is in the "play by play" list, and no players who did not wear helmets during the careers.

I'll post some pics of my latest creations some day soon. And also add the details to the spreadsheet.

I will fire up the old game--was either NHL18 or NHL19 and take pics this week! From Tretiak to Kharlamov to Balderis to young Bure, Fedorov and Mogilny--I got them all! Down to the way they taped up their shin guards. I researched multiple photos of each while creating. Took me days.

Reactions: jocke7

jocke7

Jan 24, 2019
Stockholm, Sweden
I will fire up the old game--was either NHL18 or NHL19 and take pics this week! From Tretiak to Kharlamov to Balderis to young Bure, Fedorov and Mogilny--I got them all! Down to the way they taped up their shin guards. I researched multiple photos of each while creating. Took me days.

Looking forward to it!

Boxscore

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
Looking forward to it!

Here we go--the best I can do from pics--

MENU & RINK

8x9lfsH.jpg

JwM8Ugx.jpg

JDKBJq5.jpg

lmRUqvN.jpg

ROZ8hiU.jpg

MFD8ALE.jpg

VLADISLAV TRETIAK

LXPWCLa.jpg

SLAVA FETISOV

ZnUQuYg.jpg

zeGb4TF.jpg

SERGEI MAKAROV

Uk6reFQ.jpg

XsjkyjI.jpg

jocke7

Jan 24, 2019
Stockholm, Sweden
Some players from my NHL 20 alumni roster:

Ron Tugnutt (Columbus)
FDABz6T.jpg

Nikolai Khabibulin (Coyotes)
bRblfn1.jpg

Robert Esche (Coyotes backup)
EMAJ1Nu.jpg

Bob Froese (Flyers)
fQ3xHoR.jpg

Clint Malarchuk (Quebec)
qeKZVA5.jpg

Alain Cote (Quebec)
7uG2s3G.jpg

Tim Young (Minnesota North Stars)
Xp2WpeP.jpg

Paul Reinhart (Calgary)
3ehZfTJ.jpg

Stephane Robidas (Dallas)
2Z1SOeF.jpg

Boxscore

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
Beautiful work!

Both jerseys and players look great. Thanks for sharing.

I might have to create that Russian team myself for NHL 20 when I'm done with the alumni project. Have them play against the Flyers legends for example, recreating those games from the 70's. :)

The Soviets are fun to play with!

Boxscore

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
Some players from my NHL 20 alumni roster:

Ron Tugnutt (Columbus)
FDABz6T.jpg

Nikolai Khabibulin (Coyotes)
bRblfn1.jpg

Robert Esche (Coyotes backup)
EMAJ1Nu.jpg

Bob Froese (Flyers)
fQ3xHoR.jpg

Clint Malarchuk (Quebec)
qeKZVA5.jpg

Alain Cote (Quebec)
7uG2s3G.jpg

Tim Young (Minnesota North Stars)
Xp2WpeP.jpg

Paul Reinhart (Calgary)
3ehZfTJ.jpg

Stephane Robidas (Dallas)
2Z1SOeF.jpg
The Bobby Froese is sick!! lol

SitaalAlexandra

Mar 15, 2020

Do you have your own separate spreadsheet?

Nemesis Prime

Jun 29, 2010
London, ON
Any of you guys know how to fix this problem?

I made a bunch of custom skaters, put them on the appropriate rosters but as soon as I go into franchise mode they all get put on the free agents list.

jocke7

Jan 24, 2019
Stockholm, Sweden
Do you have your own separate spreadsheet?

No it's the same spreadsheet, just haven't added those latest players yet. I'll get around to it soon.

Currently working from home due to the virus and have a lot of time to finish my NHL 20 Alumni project. I probably will be finished within 2-3 weeks, after that I will post more players here if anyone is interested.

SitaalAlexandra

Mar 15, 2020
No it's the same spreadsheet, just haven't added those latest players yet. I'll get around to it soon.

Currently working from home due to the virus and have a lot of time to finish my NHL 20 Alumni project. I probably will be finished within 2-3 weeks, after that I will post more players here if anyone is interested.
Thanks buddy.
Ya me too. I just bought NHL because its finally $20. Ive used the spreadsheet and created about 45 players so far.
Ive been playing with my rosters and am noticing other players too add.
Please whenever you have time update the spreadsheet of u can and let me know
As for overalls, with guys like Iginla I find his NHL 17 stats and just copy them.
Some of the alumni I try to copy a current player that's comparable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad