The Armchair GM Thread - Part LXXXVIII | March "status quo" deadline looming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Love

Feb 29, 2012
I would be so sad if we traded Hansen. He's the one player the Canucks need: A kid that is fast who is a great forechecker (I guess Kenins plays that type of way too).

I feel the same way. There's a lot of our other bottom 6ers I'd let go of before Hansen.

Scurr

Jun 25, 2009
Whalley
There is no way we get Zuccarello without giving up our 1st. Yes, he's a UFA, but there will be a number of teams lining up for him. His value is comparable to Sekera as a late first won't be much for Chicago or Montreal to give up. Higgins+ is not going to remotely interest New York. Even if they did want a roster player included, it'd be Hansen I imagine. The Rags had Higgins, they dealt him because he couldn't score. Why would they want him now when... he can't score?

And that was my reply to it. New York could also just keep him as a rental if the return isn't good.

That's what you said, though. It's not accurate.

Peter Griffin

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
I highly doubt the Canucks are going to trade Higgins, who is signed for next season, at the deadline when they have three of their regular bottom 6 forwards headed to UFA. Doesn't make a lick of sense unless at least two of those guys is re-signed before Monday. If anything Higgins is a candidate to be traded at the draft.

Scurr

Jun 25, 2009
Whalley
I highly doubt the Canucks are going to trade Higgins, who is signed for next season, at the deadline when they have three of their regular bottom 6 forwards headed to UFA. Doesn't make a lick of sense unless at least two of those guys is re-signed before Monday.

I hear ya… but I'm trying to trade him for a guy (Zuccarello) that I'd like to see the team sign long-term. So there is that.

Scurr

Jun 25, 2009
Whalley
Vrbata for Zuccarello?

Seems kinda harsh to dump Radim now but I'd do it to get Zucc signed at the same money to a longer term. Probably doesn't work for their cap anyway.

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
Vrbata for Zuccarello?

Seems kinda harsh to dump Radim now but I'd do it to get Zucc signed at the same money to a longer term. Probably doesn't work for their cap anyway.

Sedins for stamkos?

No point making these nonsense trades/comments.....

Peter Griffin

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
Vrbata for Zuccarello?

?

Trade a more productive player, who is signed for next season, for a less productive player set to become an UFA, and likely looking to cash in. Where's the logic in that?

Scurr

Jun 25, 2009
Whalley
Vrbata for Zuccarello?

?

Trade a more productive player, who is signed for next season, for a less productive player set to become an UFA, and likely looking to cash in. Where's the logic in that?

Because he's 27 and Radim is 33.

Sedins for stamkos?

No point making these nonsense trades/comments.....

Vrbata has one more year left on his deal. I doubt the Rags are able to get a better player but they might get a better package.

KeninsFan

Fire Benning already
Feb 6, 2012
I highly doubt the Canucks are going to trade Higgins, who is signed for next season, at the deadline when they have three of their regular bottom 6 forwards headed to UFA. Doesn't make a lick of sense unless at least two of those guys is re-signed before Monday. If anything Higgins is a candidate to be traded at the draft.

Higgins is many things but he'll be excellent depth in the playoffs. If he's kept in the bottom 6 he's good defensively, a PKer, blocks shots and lays out some big hits (like '11 against Pavelski).

Playoff Higgins is something our young team needs.

--

I'm really wondering where Benning's head is at now that we're looking at a playoff roster (vs a bubble roster). We're looking at a playoff run that will include a series against LA/ANA so it might be best for our roster to stay exactly as is. No point in selling vets (we have no depth) and no point in buying (LA/ANA are considerably stronger on paper).

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
This was suggested on the trade board, and even a Rangers fan said it was an overpayment.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
It wasn't suggested nor did a Ranger fan say it was overpayment.

Other than that you were correct.

I'm not going to turn this into an argument because this would be ridiculous to argue about, but a Rangers mod basically did suggest it and it was aTB poster that said it was an overpayment, so my apologies there.

Scurr

Jun 25, 2009
Whalley
What is with the big love-in for Mats Zuccarello?

He caught my eye first watching him play for Norway at the Olympics. My wife is from Norway and had family come visit with tickets in hand. He's smart and skilled but it's really his battle level that sticks out for a small guy. He's got that little extra that those guys need.

I've been following his career ever since and he has shown the same thing in the NHL. His willingness to engage let him start his NHL career in the bottom 6 and blossom into a really good top 6 player and point producer.

Scurr

Jun 25, 2009
Whalley
I'm not going to turn this into an argument because this would be ridiculous to argue about, but a Rangers mod basically did suggest it and it was aTB poster that said it was an overpayment, so my apologies there.

What's ridiculous is trying to dismiss my proposal based on things that didn't happen.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
He caught my eye first watching him play for Norway at the Olympics. My wife is from Norway and had family come visit with tickets in hand. He's smart and skilled but it's really his battle level that sticks out for a small guy. He's got that little extra that those guys need.

I've been following his career ever since and he has shown the same thing in the NHL. His willingness to engage let him start his NHL career in the bottom 6 and blossom into a really good top 6 player and point producer.

Eh, I'm not really convinced. He's 5'7 and this season only has 12 goals and 35 points this season. For what it would cost to acquire him I would rather go out and get Brayden Schenn who's 4 years younger and 6 inches taller.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad