OT: The Arizona Coyotes Lounge XVIII - The "Dude! Where's my ark" edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baby Doaner

Mar 14, 2021
For those of you that pray, my family could really use it!
My son was born on April 21 and spent the first 11 days in the NICU in show low with a pulmonary hypertension and a hole in his heart. This is common with babies having trisomy 21.

we were released the beginning of may and at his Dr appt today, he had an infection at the umbilical cord site. He is hospitalized in the nicu once again and will be there for a minimum of 10 days.
Prayers are greatly appreciated!

bluesXwinXtheXcup

Apr 14, 2018
My son was born on April 21 and spent the first 11 days in the NICU in show low with a pulmonary hypertension and a hole in his heart. This is common with babies having trisomy 21.

we were released the beginning of may and at his Dr appt today, he had an infection at the umbilical cord site. He is hospitalized in the nicu once again and will be there for a minimum of 10 days.

Good vibes sent your way :)

You are a good dad :)

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
This could get ugly. Inflation running highest in 13 years.

Last edited:

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
We have a few levels to go through before we get to Weimar republic territory, I wouldn't sweat it. (Maybe it's because I survived the 70s, although as a child)

Put it this way, you know how now you order a pizza or whatever on Uber Eats and go "20 dollars?! American? That's ridiculous....oh well" ? That's inflation.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
We have a few levels to go through before we get to Weimar republic territory, I wouldn't sweat it. (Maybe it's because I survived the 70s, although as a child)

Put it this way, you know how now you order a pizza or whatever on Uber Eats and go "20 dollars?! American? That's ridiculous....oh well" ? That's inflation.

It's the cumulative effect that's most wicked. For retirees, it can be really bad. While Federal govt pensions and SS adjust for inflation, most other retirement plans do not. My parents are retired AZ teachers. Their pensions do not adjust for inflation. 2-3% per year really adds up over time.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012

The article failed to address the demand side of the equation. It quoted Powell as saying "he expects higher inflation to prove temporary, once the supply shortages are worked out." But why are there supply shortages? Most are not due to the pandemic, but because demand has risen. Why has demand risen? Massive accommodation by the Fed and a government that thinks it's impossible to spend too much, including giving people $600 per week to sit at home.

Reactions: Coyotedroppings

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Can confirm Doner Kebab House closed prior. Did some digging online and found they were priced out in '18.
Here is a reddit reply I got:

Doner kebab house shut down a few years ago well before covid I believe. The owners were ready to move on/take a break and the building they were in was being demolished for condos anyways. Super nice guys and they never skimped out on the meat or sauce. They said they had no plans to reopen (their father was also going through some medical stuff right around the time of their closing). I haven't been able to find any comparable places in the city which is a bummer.

Reactions: Bondurant

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
Here is a reddit reply I got:

Doner kebab house shut down a few years ago well before covid I believe. The owners were ready to move on/take a break and the building they were in was being demolished for condos anyways. Super nice guys and they never skimped out on the meat or sauce. They said they had no plans to reopen (their father was also going through some medical stuff right around the time of their closing). I haven't been able to find any comparable places in the city which is a bummer.
He is not wrong. The best kebab pitas I have had anywhere. My favorite here in the States was Bereket in NYC. Also driven out by property value. My last visit there was wild because of unruly customers. RIP Doner Kebab House and Bereket.

Happy to have good kebab joints in the valley.

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017

I'm all over it my friend.

Reactions: Baby Doaner

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
The article failed to address the demand side of the equation. It quoted Powell as saying "he expects higher inflation to prove temporary, once the supply shortages are worked out." But why are there supply shortages? Most are not due to the pandemic, but because demand has risen. Why has demand risen? Massive accommodation by the Fed and a government that thinks it's impossible to spend too much, including giving people $600 per week to sit at home.
Of course it was the pandemic. Many have said, the cure is going to be worse than the cause. Hold on folks, this is only the beginning.

Reactions: RemoAZ

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
How pathetic a country we are when wages are so low that a paltry $600 a week can keep able bodied adults out of the work force.

Reactions: RemoAZ

cobra427

May 6, 2012
How pathetic a country we are when wages are so low that a paltry $600 a week can keep able bodied adults out of the work force.
That is $31K a year tax free, like making roughly $38K a year paying taxes. You get to sit at home for that money, so how much do you need to work to give up retirement? Let's say its $50K, many people that are not skilled can't make $50k a year, teachers don't make that when they start out. $600 a week is a great incentive to stay at home and now work.

WrinkledPossum

Play Dead
Apr 23, 2016
This could get ugly. Inflation running highest in 13 years.

Absolutely silly that anyone had said inflation would not happen with all the government spending that has occurred in the last ~13 months. I figured we would end up closer to 8%. I have read some articles that predicted 10% to 12%. It won't be permanent happening year after year as long as the government cuts back and doesn't spin the line that a large chunk of the spending is now essential.

If it stays at 4.2% that would be great. That isn't an awful number, it isn't good but historically it's not that bad. In economics 2-3% inflation is sort of a given. Some budgets I have seen account for a 3.5% so 4.2% doesn't rock the boat too much.

Reactions: Dirty Old Man

Baby Doaner

Mar 14, 2021
I'm all over it my friend.
Thank you. I appreciate it. It’s staph, so they are doing a spinal tap to make sure it’s not meningitis. They tried today, but due to being 3 weeks old, he was moving too much. They will try again tomorrow under sedation.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012

Higher pay sounds good until you realize it just fuels more inflation. Literally hundreds of businesses are raising pay and offering bonuses trying to lure workers.

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
Thank you. I appreciate it. It’s staph, so they are doing a spinal tap to make sure it’s not meningitis. They tried today, but due to being 3 weeks old, he was moving too much. They will try again tomorrow under sedation.
My pleasure, stay strong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad