OT: The Arizona Coyotes Lounge XVII - Office Space

Status
Not open for further replies.

RABBIT

wasn’t gonna be a fan but Utalked me into it
So I’m thinking of buying the fire stick to try it out. My dad has one and it’s a $100 purchase at the beginning it he only pays $54.99 every 3 months after that. Quarterly payments less than what I pay monthly. I still may keep YouTube TV because supposedly, you can’t record games on the fire stick, but the amount of channels my dad has is insane. Most notable, NHL network and every city’s FSN channel.

anyone have experience with them? Do you like if? Also heard you can buy them “jail-broken” for a one time payment of $160 with no quarterly payments, but you have to know someone.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
So I’m thinking of buying the fire stick to try it out. My dad has one and it’s a $100 purchase at the beginning it he only pays $54.99 every 3 months after that. Quarterly payments less than what I pay monthly. I still may keep YouTube TV because supposedly, you can’t record games on the fire stick, but the amount of channels my dad has is insane. Most notable, NHL network and every city’s FSN channel.

anyone have experience with them? Do you like if? Also heard you can buy them “jail-broken” for a one time payment of $160 with no quarterly payments, but you have to know someone.

I have a Fire Stick ($35), but I'm not sure what subscription service you are talking about. We use ours to watch Amazon Prime, Hulu, and Netflix.

Reactions: kbay

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
I go to Copper Mountain every winter with a friend of mine from Florida who owns a condo there, and a couple of his buddies. 3 years ago I went to Frisco for a weekend in July just to do it. I wish I was there right now.

Reactions: RABBIT

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
Pretty town. Good skiing. Short on oxygen.
How'd your project go? I just finally came up for air, totally missed all the Coyotes games unfortunately, well unless I count the final 4 minutes of today. haha

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
How'd your project go? I just finally came up for air, totally missed all the Coyotes games unfortunately, well unless I count the final 4 minutes of today. haha

Some of the professors at my school are very easy graders. He gave me a 100%, with no comments. I'd prefer some constructive criticism. I probably went above and beyond because I used 2 datasets when the project only required one. Part one of my project identified the offensive stat with the highest correlation to runs scored. Part two then used free agent signing data to see if it's possible to acquire undervalued players. Conclusion...yes, still possible. To simplify the study I ignored other relevant aspects such as defense.

How about you? Did you use covid-19 in your project?

Reactions: Sinurgy

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
Some of the professors at my school are very easy graders. He gave me a 100%, with no comments. I'd prefer some constructive criticism. I probably went above and beyond because I used 2 datasets when the project only required one. Part one of my project identified the offensive stat with the highest correlation to runs scored. Part two then used free agent signing data to see if it's possible to acquire undervalued players. Conclusion...yes, still possible. To simplify the study I ignored other relevant aspects such as defense.

Yeah I did, just used a tiny subset of data though, just deaths in AZ. I didn't want to use anything big since the project was entirely about building a visual narrative using specific technologies (namely JS and D3) and not so much about the data. It was an awesome project though, I learned a ton. JS is weird but I do enjoy working with it and love D3! I obviously suck with it since it's all new to me but the potential is vast!

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I love that slime green color they have been using in their social media videos and on the graphics today. Makes me think that we may not only just go kachina's but a new third. Either way it all looks so much more unique than just the Sedona red.
I absolutely love the branding and design they’ve been using in conjunction with the old Kachinas.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ

btw...I wouldn't mind checking it out if you're cool sharing it (publicly or through a PM).

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
I love that slime green color they have been using in their social media videos and on the graphics today. Makes me think that we may not only just go kachina's but a new third. Either way it all looks so much more unique than just the Sedona red.

This just showed up on YT late tonight:

Personally think the colors need to pop more on the jersey to make it more in line with the rest of the league. The green on the shoulders specifically. Even in HD, it sort of runs together. Looks great in person but with a few tweaks they could make it an even more recognizable brand.

The bright green motif they are using in all these promos is new and I agree it is hinting at something more.

Reactions: Grimes

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
Too early to judge but I found this to be interesting. Only 2 teams (Minnesota and Pittsburgh) have a lower rate of players drafted in 2017, 2018 & 2019 playing at least 1 game in the NHL. Coyotes have 1 (Hayton) as do a few other teams but they all drafted less players.

Just poking around Hockey-Reference while watching Norsemen.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
This just showed up on YT late tonight:

Personally think the colors need to pop more on the jersey to make it more in line with the rest of the league. The green on the shoulders specifically. Even in HD, it sort of runs together. Looks great in person but with a few tweaks they could make it an even more recognizable brand.

The bright green motif they are using in all these promos is new and I agree it is hinting at something more.

I couldn’t love the new design elements in the marketing materials more. Love the glowing ooze green and the black light purple. All of it is so awesome. It’s like a psychedelic peyote trip but the year is 2092 and it’s in the world of Tron.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
I couldn’t love the new design elements in the marketing materials more. Love the glowing ooze green and the black light purple. All of it is so awesome. It’s like a psychedelic peyote trip but the year is 2092 and it’s in the world of Tron.

Every team will have a new third jersey next season. Or at least some form of a third jersey. I wonder if the plan is to use the kachinas as the normal home/away and our third is a green kachina?

Pardon the 10 second photoshop job but it's basically the green and black reversed on the current dark kachina. Also a similar green shade to our old third jersey with the desert landscape border.

Untitled-1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad