OT: The Arizona Coyotes Lounge XVII - Office Space

Status
Not open for further replies.

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
You should probably realize that it's impractical to have cell towers densely spaced such that service is available everywhere before you complain about it being spotty in the mountains.

Do you live on the Rim?

I lived on the Mogollon Rim in a dead zone for pretty much all carriers (~10 miles N/NE of Payson). It's just not economically feasible, especially considering the terrain, to serve such a low number of customers. We had a land line and 10/2 ADSL from CenturyLink, and with certain smart phones (as loath as I am to praise Apple, it was iPhones) capable of making/receiving calls and text messages over WiFi. That's just the price of living in the boonies.

Ninja edit: it's the same for other "modern" infrastructure, whether electronic or physical. It was a one-lane dirt road, you couldn't order pizza for delivery, Uber barely even existed in the town itself, nevermind where I lived, and your little hamlet was basically on the bottom of the list of the places whose roads would get plowed after snow storms.

Very solitary and peaceful though, if you're into that kind of thing. Next to zero noise and light pollution looking up into the sky from the property. I've never seen a clearer sky before. Nature abound too (could also be a drawback sometimes; bull elk can be real assholes in the spring).

Reactions: MIGs Dog

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
They can keep the 5G crap though. Haha
haha we've got one of those dudes who has been compromised. So what was it, social media? My money is on Facebook! Was it Facebook?!

Hey Tom...here's your Social Dilemma in action, poo poo it all you want...it's right here on display for ya!

Reactions: Ghostface Keller
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad