OT: The Arizona Coyotes Lounge XVI - The Netflix, Disney+ Alternative

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Polakis

Next expansion
Nov 24, 2008
Tempe, AZ
Ok fellas I'm going to share my parking spot that beats them all. Turn off the 101 going north on Maryland. Before you get to the lights make an illegal left turn towards the empty lots and new hotel. Plenty of parking before you get to hotel with easy and quick entry and exit.

There's also free street parking on Maryland just east of 91st Ave. The walk from the arena is less than 5 minutes. Egress through the neighborhood on Maryland to 83rd Ave., and then down to I-10. There's zero hockey traffic, even after sellout games.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
Last game I went to (game 82 last season) I bought garage parking. That was very easy in and out. Expensive but easy and quick. Is the garage usually like that?
In my experience yes, I also have had good experiences parking on the south side of lot G. Granted I tend to take my time leaving the arena to help ensure less traffic.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I think the Garage parking is fine if you only go to a few games a year. I go to at least half so the number for pricing would add up.
As for Cabelas, I used to do that, but now I’m taking my daughter so it’s just easier to park closer to the stadium.
With the new 202 time savings you mentioned, I might have to buy one of those Saturday packages, and go with garage parking.

0point1

Sep 14, 2011
Arizona
Can't wait to try the new 202 for the first time (and second time on the way back) tomorrow.

Dealing with the downtown highway 10 s__ show has become a part of my game day experience, I don't know what happens if I simply bypass 90% of it.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
With the new 202 time savings you mentioned, I might have to buy one of those Saturday packages, and go with garage parking.

I never paid for parking until they started giving you the voucher to use that amount at one of the restaurant/bars. If you're going to get a drink or something to eat, you get your money back so you're really not paying for parking.

Reactions: Glove Malfunction

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I never paid for parking until they started giving you the voucher to use that amount at one of the restaurant/bars. If you're going to get a drink or something to eat, you get your money back so you're really not paying for parking.
You get this from the garage?

Lilhoody

Nov 25, 2016
Peoria, AZ

Garage? At the Renaissance? No voucher, but i don't usually stay after.

I parked there for years...they upped it to $15 this year and it irritated me. It is convenient, however, if I'm paying and not in a time crunch I'll go to a $10 lot instead. I thin k I've only parked there twice this year.

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
Renaissance garage from my seat (West side) is the quickest egress if I feel like paying for parking. Home2 lot (the lot Jamieh mentioned) is the one I use now almost exclusively, as the exit to the 101 South can't be beat...this coming from a former tanger outlet Parker who got tired of waiting to get out of the lot. The extra walk bypasses that.

Another way to get to that lot without the illegal left is get off at cardinals way (northbound, formerly bethany), turn left on 95th, pass West side of stadium, left on Maryland, right into home2....Probably 50/50 but I seem to be waiting a lot at that hov exit light lately,

Dirty Old Man

Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City

Weekend won't be any quicker with new 202 (well, vs non construction weekends anyway), just more scenic. Weekday, on the other hand....total game changer.

Reactions: Jakey53

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona

I've never parked in the garage so not sure. I used to park for free in the theater lot until I found out they give vouchers in the paid section. I usually grab food before so I use the voucher. Got one when I went to see the Steelers play the Cards. Haven't been to a Yotes game recently but unless they stopped, you should still get the voucher in the paid section but like I said, never used the garage.

Dirty Old Man

Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
First weeknight on the new 202 (although it was new years eve) 43 miles from work (AZ ave/Elliot to Home2 by Hilton) in 47 minutes leaving at 430p. Minor slowing on the 10 between 75th and 91st ave. Big improvement if it holds up.

Second weeknight on the new 202, this time a little more representative - 40 miles from my home in beautiful downtown Chandler to Home2 in 50 minutes. Slowing this time started at the onramp to the 10 from the 202, but wasn't awful, about 8 mins delay from there past 83rd ave. The trick seems to be to get left after merging onto the 10, but once you get to 83rd, go all the way right for the two lanes that exit onto the 101. For comparison, I made it home in 37 mins. I will say the semitrucks are definitely trickling in vs the other times I've taken it already.

Reactions: Jakey53 and Grimes

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
Second trip on 202 for me too. From Higley and Ray.

I left my place at 4:30. Usually have to leave at 3:30. I got to the stadium around 5:20. It bottle necked pretty bad at the 202/10 merge. Makes no f***ing sense that Los Angeles west exits on the right, but hey I know for sure now. I’m sure I’ll keep that in mind moving forward. Hoping to not make that mistake again.

Ride home was a breeze. Seriously like 10 cars once I hit the 202. This freeway is a game changer.

Edit: 4:30 departure time includes gas fill up and soda stop.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Makes no ****ing sense that Los Angeles west exits on the right, but hey I know for sure now.

Got me the first time as well... :laugh:

My theory is it's the carpool ramps that facilitated them designing it that way.

They're in the final planning stages for SR30, which will connect the L202 near the Salt River and run parallel with the I-10 out to the L303. Development out there will explode once that happens witin the next decade. Will make getting to ISM Speedway a breeze.

Reactions: Jakey53

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011

I left my place at 4:30. Usually have to leave at 3:30. I got to the stadium around 5:20. It bottle necked pretty bad at the 202/10 merge. Makes no ****ing sense that Los Angeles west exits on the right, but hey I know for sure now. I’m sure I’ll keep that in mind moving forward. Hoping to not make that mistake again.

Ride home was a breeze. Seriously like 10 cars once I hit the 202. This freeway is a game changer.

They have signs for a reason.:) I do know what you mean though. The first time I went north I needed to go East and was in the right lane, saw the sign and had to change lanes fast or otherwise I would have done what you did. We now know who is the better driver.;)

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
In my experience yes, I also have had good experiences parking on the south side of lot G. Granted I tend to take my time leaving the arena to help ensure less traffic.

I parked in the G lot the entire time I was a STH, and it was the easiest parking experience I've ever had for any event in my life. Never once got in a traffic jam.

Reactions: Sinurgy

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
I parked in the G lot the entire time I was a STH, and it was the easiest parking experience I've ever had for any event in my life. Never once got in a traffic jam.
I'll second that, I've parked in G for years, as well as a stint in the garage, a couple years east of UoP, a year in J and a year (maybe two) "free" at Westgate. None are as smooth and efficient as G

0point1

Sep 14, 2011
Arizona

I left my place at 4:30. Usually have to leave at 3:30. I got to the stadium around 5:20. It bottle necked pretty bad at the 202/10 merge. Makes no ****ing sense that Los Angeles west exits on the right, but hey I know for sure now. I’m sure I’ll keep that in mind moving forward. Hoping to not make that mistake again.

We were on the new 202 around the same time. The bottleneck is pretty annoying and next week day game I think we might try to take Van Buren or something and then get on the 10 at 75th street. I rather drive 30 MPH and deal with lights than stop and go for 3 miles on the 202 and 10.

But yeah on the way back after the game it was amazing like a private highway and very few cars like you said.

Edit: 202 to Van Buren to 75th st to 10 has 7 lights so that might not be a good idea.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
We were on the new 202 around the same time. The bottleneck is pretty annoying and next week day game I think we might try to take Van Buren or something and then get on the 10 at 75th street. I rather drive 30 MPH and deal with lights than stop and go for 3 miles on the 202 and 10.

But yeah on the way back after the game it was amazing like a private highway and very few cars like you said.

Edit: 202 to Van Buren to 75th st to 10 has 7 lights so that might not be a good idea.
You mean Ave. right?

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011
The reason for the “prequels” was George Lucas was looking to fulfill the life story of Anakin Skywalker, which..... was the character for whom the original SW series was based upon. Lucas had outlines for the first six movies written before he chose to start with episode 4. He felt it made the best translation to the screen and wasn’t even sure the series would even take off like it did.

Everything outside of Episode 1-6 was an attempt to expand on the SW universe, but for some crazy reason there was this need to keep most of the original characters in the plot lines to sell the public on it.

A little late on this, but Lucas actually had Star Wars plotted out as 3 separate trilogies. One for Anakin, one for Luke, and then the 3rd installment that we are seeing now has had some artistic changes. I want to say that they kept the main story line together somewhat, but I think that there might have been changes to where Rey is a nobody, as opposed to being related to the Skywalkers (originally, I believe the last trilogy had something where Luke has a child (although forbidden by the Jedi).

I think that there are two wrongs to Star Wars - the obvious one is because 4/5/6 was done in the late 70s/early 80s, some parts of it look a little hokey where the ships, fighting, guns, and light sabers all look like relics from a bygone era. The other issue is that I feel as if though there was too much trying to fire little one liners in for comedic relief. In the past films, some of the comedic relief was very well done (thinking of Solo and Leia in the Falcon during Empire Strikes Back when trapped in the asteroid).

It seems like some parts of the story were overrun by items that didnt make sense. Not trying to spoil, but the rebel spy in Kylo Ren's midst should have been seen using the force a long time ago. Things like that dont add up. If you can have a premonition based on the force, wouldn't that be easy to take the premonition and realize that person A is a spy or person B is near.

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
Has anyone tried to buy a 50/50 ticket via the app? Successful or do you get blocked like me?

I get an error message that says my location must be available and in AZ. It tells me I'm in LA which is not reflected anywhere else on the damn phone.

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
You guys at least beat the almost 2,000 miles I'd have to drive on (the) I-10 to get to GRA:

s6z9eLb.png

(Stealth edit about why I put "the" in parentheses: apparently it's a west coast speech pattern to use "the" to describe a freeway, highway, or interstate. I never really thought about it. I'd always have said, "take the I-17 north to Flagstaff." Here out east, people omit "the" and say "take I-4 between Orlando and Tampa." Weird.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad