OT: The Arizona Coyotes Lounge XV - Loop 202 IS OPEN!!!!!!.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Would have to think it's against the Hawks.

1. They're going to be a division rival, probably by the time this takes place.
2. There is a ton of those bastard Hawk fans in the Valley.
3. The NHL loves plugging the Hawks into these events.

TheLegend

Hardly Deactivated
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
It'd be Colorado. Avs are going to be a Central powerhouse. Hawks are still stuck on building through class reunions.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Are they any Avs fans in the Valley? Asking the Coyotes fanbase to sell out a 50k stadium might be a tall ask.

TheLegend

Hardly Deactivated
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Are they any Avs fans in the Valley? Asking the Coyotes fanbase to sell out a 50k stadium might be a tall ask.

Non-stop Denver to Phoenix flights run every day.

I remember an Avs game in Glendale near the end of the season a few years ago. Avs fans took up a lot of the suites that went unsold during that year.

MIGs Dog

Jan 3, 2012
Which out of town fan base packs GRA the best? Hawks? Canadians? How about the Leafs? Matthews comes home :dunno:

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Which out of town fan base packs GRA the best? Hawks? Canadians? How about the Leafs? Matthews comes home :dunno:
Hawks or Wings IMO. Canadian teams doing better last few years but Hawks and Wings have always been full and ticket prices higher.

Reactions: MIG

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Hawks or Wings IMO. Canadian teams doing better last few years but Hawks and Wings have always been full and ticket prices higher.

Yep. And if those are the teams that are candidates, it'll turn Sun Devil Stadium into an away game for the Coyotes, no matter how close it is to the "cool kids."

Reactions: Lilhoody

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Yep. And if those are the teams that are candidates, it'll turn Sun Devil Stadium into an away game for the Coyotes, no matter how close it is to the "cool kids."
Yeah It's risky both ways . Personally it would be more embarrassing not to sell out vs be outfaned .

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Arizona v Vegas. Two desert teams in a winter classic. They're going to play in hockey pads and jock straps.

MIGs Dog

Jan 3, 2012
How about hosting the All-Star game? We were scheduled to do so in 2006 but canceled due to the Olympics.

TheLegend

Hardly Deactivated
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
To hell with the new arena excuse..... it's been 13 years and we've played in the same barn all that time.

Glendale earned it..... the fans earned it...... just put it there.

While you're at it..... we'll take a draft too.

Reactions: RemoAZ and MIG

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
To hell with the new arena excuse..... it's been 13 years and we've played in the same barn all that time.

I guess that the 2o2 extension came just a bit late to save Glendale.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto

Uncle Gary isn't giving any marquee events to Glendale.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
Betman still can't get over the fact that his Canadian crew blew the best subsidy the league has probably ever seen. So he'll continue to piss on Glendale until the team moves. That's all about his ego and nothing else. Hopefully our new owner is smarter than that.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Do people actually give a **** about an all-star game? I wouldn't go if someone gave me free tickets.
Kids. And casual fans. I became a hockey fan because of an all-star game. I saw it on tv and thought it was cool. I was like 8 years old. I became a casual fan of no team in particular and just liked certain players (Brett Hull was my fave) and then when the Coyotes came, I watched game one and damn near every game since.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Fair enough. I know it's huge for sponsors too. It's cool to have all the stars in spot. The game itself is just terrible though. Even the skills comp is boring after about one or two events.

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
They're great for new fans in small markets. When I still was in Orlando, we got the 92 NBA game during the 3rd year of the team...obviously not knowing that we were about to win 2 lotteries and get Shaq and Penny Hardaway, having Michael, Hakeem, Isaiah, Sir Charles, and the "farewell" of Magic Johnson was big deal for us. Plus we had celebs like Woody Harrelson (wearing a t-shirt promoting White Men Can't Jump), and Public Enemy...when was that ever gonna happen in lil' ol' Orlando?

And yes the game was a 40 point blowout with no defense, but no one cared.

Reactions: Mosby

rt

May 13, 2004
Had to put our German Shepherd down tonight. He was nine. Had him since he was just a month or two old (he was found dumped in the desert with his litter mates). His stomach flipped and he had some internal issues beyond that, so they had to put him down.

Anyone have any tips on how to talk to my two year old and five year old boys about it? Anyone been through the loss of a family pet with really young kids?

rt

May 13, 2004
Fair enough. I know it's huge for sponsors too. It's cool to have all the stars in spot. The game itself is just terrible though. Even the skills comp is boring after about one or two events.
Oh I don’t watch it. I don’t care about it at all. I’m glad it’s there though. But it’s not for me.

TheLegend

Hardly Deactivated
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Had to put our German Shepherd down tonight. He was nine. Had him since he was just a month or two old (he was found dumped in the desert with his litter mates). His stomach flipped and he had some internal issues beyond that, so they had to put him down.

Anyone have any tips on how to talk to my two year old and five year old boys about it? Anyone been through the loss of a family pet with really young kids?

Sorry to hear that rt.

We lost our two dogs a few months ago while our granddaughters were still living with us. One was about 8 1/2 and became ill and went downhill real fast. Two weeks later we had to put the other one down due to hip failure. He was not quite 16.

The girls are 4 and 5 but handled it quite well. We had other pets in the house and that provided some distraction.

Just reassure the boys that their fur friend was going though a lot of suffering and that he's resting comfortably now. Kids are extremely resilient and will get through the loss.

Reactions: MIG
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad