OT: The Arizona Coyotes Lounge XV - Loop 202 IS OPEN!!!!!!.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cromag27

Nov 7, 2017
Well if you supposedly know of a better service why not mention it?

i’ve already replied with a better process. you just don’t pay attention, and honestly, you have a tendency to make illogical statements. it’s rather tiresome.

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
Going to the ER sucks.

Cracked tooth got infected and spread to like half my face. Very painful. Was given morphine for the first time though. Woah. Powerful stuff.

Ebb

the nondescript
Dec 22, 2015
PA
I really like the 2016 S60. I’m not some big techie. But I don’t think it’s aging well and that worries me.
That's the car I have. I haven't had any issues with the tech, but it only has 25k on it. It runs well and paired fine to my phone (I think it has WiFi/Hotspot ability as well, but it was a bit on the pricey side--I went with Sirius instead). There are a couple of different views for the dash, but yeah, probably a bit outdated.

I do like my LaCrosse, although it has way too many miles on it (which is why I'm passively looking for a replacement. Oh well, it has held up well so far.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
i’ve already replied with a better process. you just don’t pay attention, and honestly, you have a tendency to make illogical statements. it’s rather tiresome.
Illogical statements huh...man that's some serious irony there. You replied with the standard used car buying process that's outlined in just about every car buying blog in existence and for that matter a process that has no bearing on car fax. One doesn't either buy from an individual, get maintenance records and have a mechanic look at it OR get a car fax, these are not mutually exclusive. Car fax is just one of many tools a person can use when looking into used cars. One shouldn't solely rely on it (like most tools) due to the limitations you mentioned and it's probably better for eliminating cars than selecting one but that doesn't mean it's some sort of scam or as you put it "a joke, don't fall for it". Now if there was a comparable service out there that had a reputation for producing noticeably more accurate results that would be interesting to hear about which is why I asked but apparently you don't know of any and instead of just admitting as such you resorted to pomposity which thus far seems to be a trademark of yours.

Edenjung

Jun 7, 2018
Going to the ER sucks.

Cracked tooth got infected and spread to like half my face. Very painful. Was given morphine for the first time though. Woah. Powerful stuff.
My father once had a pinched nerve and tweaked muscles in his back.
I woke up one morning from hearing my father scream out of pain.
They gave hime some opiads and he had to lay down for a few days.
He only took that stuff for two days and the endured the pain.
you can get addicted easily to that stuff and he did not want to have it in his system.

And another time (two years ago) he hurt himself with a knife in the belly. He said it was only a little cut.
But my mom got angry and sent him with me to the hospital town over (i was driving even though i did not have my drivers license at that time :D).
In the end he spend about 1 hour there and he had to get stitches. The "small" cut was actually about deep and so they had to give him a shot and stitches.
Was a good thing my mom was so relentless and he finally agreed to go there.

And once i had to go to the ER because i put a willow-catkin (i had to goolge that) so far up my nose i couldn't get it out. That was the only time i had to go there (I can remember).
Other time was when i was two and we had a hughe glass panel on the wall on the attic.
I was running into it and it fell down on me. They rushed me to the ER and i still have two scars:
- One on my forehead (i could have played Harry potter ;D)
- One on my left cheek

When people ask me about it i always say i got them in Vietnam :D

Tom Polakis

Next expansion
Nov 24, 2008
Tempe, AZ

Wow, pretty snarky stuff there. What are the better sources than Carfax? It's not the end-all, but I've used it to advantage as one means of making car purchase decisions. Is that an illogical statement?

cromag27

Nov 7, 2017
Wow, pretty snarky stuff there. What are the better sources than Carfax? It's not the end-all, but I've used it to advantage as one means of making car purchase decisions. Is that an illogical statement?

call me names all you want. but i am a professional in the industry. and i’m honest and direct. i guess that’s called “snarky” these days?? :D

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Can you get on the editorial staff without being a journalist first? I'm not aware of the career progression for them.

Today, journalism is one of the worst career fields. It's dying. Many in the field are paid worse than teachers. To answer your question...they probably let anyone do it that can spell CAT. Speaking of cats...Grumpy Cat died. So sad.

Reactions: GiveAFlyingPuck

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Can you get on the editorial staff without being a journalist first? I'm not aware of the career progression for them.

These days, a lot of outlets have interns that repost press releases, write headlines, etc., and other "menial" tasks that used to be handled by people who made the editorial staff on the strength of their journalistic credentials. Particularly now in the clickbait, instant-news environment we're in, a lot of underqualified people are doing jobs that people like me spent years training for. But they work cheap (and sometimes for free, thanks to elusive promises for "exposure" and future considerations), and American businesses these days rarely go for skill when they can have the option of affordability.

Reactions: GiveAFlyingPuck

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
I'm pretty sure there's one journalist out there who writes all articles and millions who simply repost them.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Speaking of which.... The Arizona Daily Star (Tucson) announced yesterday they’re ceasing their print operations and sourcing it out to Phoenix.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
I'm pretty sure there's one journalist out there who writes all articles and millions who simply repost them.

That's actually getting a lot closer to the truth than most of us in the biz (or, like me, formerly in the biz) would like to admit. Syndication and paid content are overwhelming good responsible investigative journalism like a cancer.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
On the topic of journalism, whoever came up with the website layout for the USA Today network (i.e., Arizona Republic) needs to be shot. I'm sure it's designed with dollars in mind, but it's just a mishmash of ads, and boxes, and pop ups, and videos, and crap that it's impossible to navigate (even with ad blockers on!). Luckily they don't publish much on the Coyotes that's worth reading.

Reactions: 0point1

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
A car is a depreciating asset anyway you slice it. I buy a 1-2 year old car with low miles, let the first owner take the depreciation. I drive it for about 4 years, sell it and repeat. So, 20k miles to 100k miles, avoid the expense of the new car and avoid the maintenance of an old car.
Yup, that is exactly what I do.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
On the topic of journalism, whoever came up with the website layout for the USA Today network (i.e., Arizona Republic) needs to be shot. I'm sure it's designed with dollars in mind, but it's just a mishmash of ads, and boxes, and pop ups, and videos, and crap that it's impossible to navigate (even with ad blockers on!). Luckily they don't publish much on the Coyotes that's worth reading.

Welcome to the internet..... :laugh:

Tom Polakis

Next expansion
Nov 24, 2008
Tempe, AZ
Speaking of cars, I saw this plate in Tempe a couple days ago. I had thought the MVD had standards for obscenity on plates.

lTmcCfh.jpg

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
Speaking of cars, I saw this plate in Tempe a couple days ago. I had thought the MVD had standards for obscenity on plates.

heh, I might know who that is. one of my beer league teammates has a wife who is a big SJS fan. this same teammate also once was on a team with Luke Lapinski.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad