The American Dream Phil Kessel: Trade talk part II

clefty

Retrovertigo
Dec 24, 2003
Visit site
Fontaine is oddly productive in that game, kind of like Herbert Vasiljevs in the original EHM.
Fontaine's been getting 20-25 goals, but biggest overachiever in my game is Perron. I swear I haven't monkeyed around with any editing, the dude just kills it with Crosby, has an Art Ross and a Richard, along with being both a Lester and Hart finalist.

XwQ4xre.png

Also, every year some defenseman comes from nowhere and turns into Bobby Orr.

Brendan Smith:

7NLNS2E.png

2015-16 - what the **** happened there? He's got the single game assist record from that season as well.

Speaking of Wings, just like in the old, free EHM, they turn to absolute dog **** after like, one season. I had this EHM game I kept going for about five years and Detroit missed the playoffs for over 40 straight years.

Burgs

Sep 10, 2005
Yeah I was gonna say. Francis, Jagr and Mario were combined well over 400 pts that year.

I could be wrong but from what I remember they weren't a regular line other than on the PP. IIRC at even strength Francis centered Jagr, and Mario mostly played with... Nedved and Sandström?

Regardless, our forward depth in 96 was insane, at least when it came to scoring. Nedved with 99 points, Smolinski 64 points, both career highs. Sandström scored 35 goals in 58 games. Näslund and Glen Murray were buried on the depth chart. But once Francis went down in the playoffs the awful D couldn't keep up. When your #2 defenseman is JJ Daigneault...

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
I could be wrong but from what I remember they weren't a regular line other than on the PP. IIRC at even strength Francis centered Jagr, and Mario mostly played with... Nedved and Sandström?

Regardless, our forward depth in 96 was insane, at least when it came to scoring. Nedved with 99 points, Smolinski 64 points, both career highs. Sandström scored 35 goals in 58 games. Näslund and Glen Murray were buried on the depth chart. But once Francis went down in the playoffs the awful D couldn't keep up. When your #2 defenseman is JJ Daigneault...

Lemieux played LW and they were a line for most of the season. EJ put them together right before Thanksgiving when the team was in a slump and it turned the season around. They went on a huge run winning like 20 of 22 games from that point on.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Nah, 100-point seasons aren't gone. Last year was a perfect storm of ****, where Sid and Geno both missed time due to injury, we had colossal underachieving from nearly everyone on the roster, and our PP was horrid. :laugh:

If they'd both played even close to the 82 games and our PP wasn't dead last in the NHL for like 4 months, they'd both have hit 100 pretty easily. Now they don't have guys like Kunitz's corpse (hopefully), or Comeau on their wings.

I'm pretty confident that they'll both hit 100, and Kessel will hover around 80-90.

I think so too. I mean, if Sid or Geno can't hit 100 points with this line-up, the NHL has to make some serious changes.

SaturdayNightSlegr

Jan 2, 2009
Pittsburgh suburbs
Lemieux played LW and they were a line for most of the season. EJ put them together right before Thanksgiving when the team was in a slump and it turned the season around. They went on a huge run winning like 20 of 22 games from that point on.

Don't want to derail this too much, but 95-96, the Zubov/Nedved year from memory I believe the it was Naslund-Lemieux-Sandstrom and Nedved-Francis-Jagr at least for the first half of the year. I swear that team would have made the SCF if not for the Francis injury and Naslund trade.

It was 96-97 when they went with Lemieux-Francis-Jagr for most of the year.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Don't want to derail this too much, but 95-96, the Zubov/Nedved year from memory I believe the it was Naslund-Lemieux-Sandstrom and Nedved-Francis-Jagr at least for the first half of the year. I swear that team would have made the SCF if not for the Francis injury and Naslund trade.

It was 96-97 when they went with Lemieux-Francis-Jagr for most of the year.

Burgs said 96, so I assumed he meant 96-97. I usually use the year the season started.

Naslund was traded at the deadline I believe because CP wanted more toughness in the lineup. Oh well...

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $8,351.00