The "All Things NYC" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glennsoe

Horndog
Jan 7, 2011
Looking to come to NYC from Norway in March and have started searching tickets for games..

Is the cheapest ticks $70+fee or cheaper?

Any websites better than others for ordering ticks abroad??

Hobgoblin Steve

Bacon of Light
Feb 5, 2009
Bay Ridge
out of curiosity how does one get to the radio booth at MSG?

I asked Dave Maloney to sign my Phil Esposito and the Ranger Rockers album (from my grandmother) via twitter, and he retweeted me to come up to the radio booth and he would sign it next time I'm at MSG.

How can anyone go up there, and is there no security? I cant imagine just being able to walk right in.

RangersDif

Oct 18, 2010
Stockholm, Sweden
Sportsbar to watch NYR?

Hey!
In January I'm going to New York to go to the Pittsburgh game (my first Rangers game live at the Garden in 8 years). I also want to catch the Boston game which starts at like 1 pm local time. So my question is if anybody knows a good sportsbar to see this game in? Some bar where a lot of Rangers fans go maybe?

Thanks!

MadHookUp

Jul 24, 2005
I am from PA, so I am no authority. But I did a lot of research before my last trip to see the Rangers and I heard a lot of good things about the Blarney Stone on 410 8th Ave. Its just a short walk from MSG, and the prices of drinks were beyond reasonable, especially NY City. I think a cocktail was around $6-$7 dollars. Most places I went to, it was $12. We stopped in there for a couple drinks prior to the Rangers game and they had a couple televisions with quite a few fans with Jerseys on.

dccuse

Oct 5, 2006
New York City
Hey!
In January I'm going to New York to go to the Pittsburgh game (my first Rangers game live at the Garden in 8 years). I also want to catch the Boston game which starts at like 1 pm local time. So my question is if anybody knows a good sportsbar to see this game in? Some bar where a lot of Rangers fans go maybe?

Thanks!

Johnny Foxes on UES always has big rangers contingency.

Staxgod90

New Season New Dream
May 31, 2011
Westchester,NY
I am from PA, so I am no authority. But I did a lot of research before my last trip to see the Rangers and I heard a lot of good things about the Blarney Stone on 410 8th Ave. Its just a short walk from MSG, and the prices of drinks were beyond reasonable, especially NY City. I think a cocktail was around $6-$7 dollars. Most places I went to, it was $12. We stopped in there for a couple drinks prior to the Rangers game and they had a couple televisions with quite a few fans with Jerseys on.

yeah, Blarney Rock is one of the most famous ones, alot ppl go there if they dont have tix

blue425

Apr 14, 2007
NYC
www.streetwars.net
As I am sure it has been mentioned elsewhere in this thread: Stout and Feile are good and close to MSG. I like the Flying Puck, but the food is definitely on the expensive side..otherwise it is a cool place.

I have also watched games at The Watering Hole on 19th (an Oakland Raider bar) and Pizza Pub on 23rd and 3rd...also not a Ranger bar....but how can you not like a place where you get a pint and a slice for $5?

Glensoe- Cheapest tickets are $40 in the 400's.

May 22, 2008
East Coast
Hey!

Thanks!

If you want to a place to watch the Boston game, the Flying Puck would probably be your best bet. They might even turn the sound on for it.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
out of curiosity how does one get to the radio booth at MSG?

I asked Dave Maloney to sign my Phil Esposito and the Ranger Rockers album (from my grandmother) via twitter, and he retweeted me to come up to the radio booth and he would sign it next time I'm at MSG.

How can anyone go up there, and is there no security? I cant imagine just being able to walk right in.

Radio booth used to be in the 200's but it's been moved to the south press box because of the renovation. The Rangers guys are in front of 406/407 and you can walk right up there.

machphantom

Oct 22, 2011
So my girlfriend just got me tickets to see my first ever game inside MSG and needless to say i'm freakin thrilled. Any things I need to do inside the Garden before the game if i've never been before? Thanks!

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
So my girlfriend just got me tickets to see my first ever game inside MSG and needless to say i'm freakin thrilled. Any things I need to do inside the Garden before the game if i've never been before? Thanks!

Meh, not really. Since you've never been inside before, you really can't see how much different the inside of the arena is this year compared to previous years. I would say check out the West Balcony, cool vantage point that may intrigue you for future games. Also, there are two team stores on the 6th floor (lower concourse) if you're looking to buy stuff and all the food places should be open by now. Other than that, I'd just say go down for warmups and get a good spot.

Glennsoe

Horndog
Jan 7, 2011
As I am sure it has been mentioned elsewhere in this thread: Stout and Feile are good and close to MSG. I like the Flying Puck, but the food is definitely on the expensive side..otherwise it is a cool place.

I have also watched games at The Watering Hole on 19th (an Oakland Raider bar) and Pizza Pub on 23rd and 3rd...also not a Ranger bar....but how can you not like a place where you get a pint and a slice for $5?

Glensoe- Cheapest tickets are $40 in the 400's.

Thank you Sir...

machphantom

Oct 22, 2011
Meh, not really. Since you've never been inside before, you really can't see how much different the inside of the arena is this year compared to previous years. I would say check out the West Balcony, cool vantage point that may intrigue you for future games. Also, there are two team stores on the 6th floor (lower concourse) if you're looking to buy stuff and all the food places should be open by now. Other than that, I'd just say go down for warmups and get a good spot.

Fair enough, thank you so much!

Beer League Sniper

Homeless Man's Rick Nash
Apr 27, 2010
City in a Forest
Does anyone know if there are any Rangers bars in Central Queens? I live in Kew Gardens near Forest Park and Metropolitan Avenue (moved here in July). It would be nice to be able to watch some games with fellow fans once in a while.

Sniperz25

Jun 30, 2003
Question about Penn Station

I'm going to the game on 12/23 against the Flyers and planned on making a day out of it walking around the city. I'll be taking NJ Transit. My problem is finding a place to store a change of clothes. i know Penn Station has a place for Amtrak customers, but what about if I'm arriving via NJ Transit. Any help would be appreciated.

NYRangers88

Section 208 Row 15
Aug 7, 2007
Long Island, NY
I'm going to the game on 12/23 against the Flyers and planned on making a day out of it walking around the city. I'll be taking NJ Transit. My problem is finding a place to store a change of clothes. i know Penn Station has a place for Amtrak customers, but what about if I'm arriving via NJ Transit. Any help would be appreciated.

I'm a commuter of Penn Station every morning and I've never seen lockers or anything like that. Sorry!:(

owedoyle

Mar 16, 2009
Amtrak has luggage storage at most large sized stations. While I've never actually looked for it, I'm sure they have one at Penn as well. Call ahead or ask the conductor /Amtrak register people for help.

Sniperz25

Jun 30, 2003
Amtrak has luggage storage at most large sized stations. While I've never actually looked for it, I'm sure they have one at Penn as well. Call ahead or ask the conductor /Amtrak register people for help.

Amtrak has luggage storage at Penn Station, but I've heard conflicting reports as to whether they also allow NJ Transit passengers to use it as well.

wolfgaze

Interesting Cat
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2006
Earth
If you don't mind me asking, why do you need to change clothes? Profuse sweater or are you Batman? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad