Pre-Game Talk: The All-Star Hangover. @Rags, @Devils, @Canes, @Fla

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
RyJo hat trick incoming (3 own goals)

Won’t be around until maybe mid-late 2nd period, going to a memorial service for my cousin.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
1707632716727.jpeg

Reactions: Ham Fist
Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
I said it before, but it sort of feels like last season after the TDL where the team seemed frustrated, and betrayed by managements complete lack of faith. The guys that played on those Lacroix team have been talking about how his constant attempts to improve the team boosted their confidence. This is like the exact opposite

Reactions: The Moops

Miri

Lavinengefahr!
Aug 13, 2013
Slovakia
I watched it yesterday, so indeed another loss. Seems these away games in the East i can watch are cursed this season.

Anyway, i did read the game thread and it was indeed not pretty, but people went bit hyperbolic with negativity. Yes, it was shit performance, or string of them, but teams get hot and cold all the time. We are missing 2 important players in the form of Landy and Nuke, they are pretty much our second line, that is missing. When we were doing well, before the All-Star break, we did not even need them, as Mack, Makar, Rantanen, or even the likes of Colton, Drouin, Wood or O´Connor would play well and outscore the opposition each game - i watched the game against Washington, when O´Connor scored hattrick and it felt almost effortless. It did not mean, we are world beaters, primed for the Cup, but neither does mean current shitty form we are a bad team, out of the blue. So dont panic. Hopefully we will get our mojo back soon, Nuke and Landy return for playoffs and maybe add someone at deadline and we will be fine.

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
I watched it yesterday, so indeed another loss. Seems these away games in the East i can watch are cursed this season.

Anyway, i did read the game thread and it was indeed not pretty, but people went bit hyperbolic with negativity. Yes, it was shit performance, or string of them, but teams get hot and cold all the time. We are missing 2 important players in the form of Landy and Nuke, they are pretty much our second line, that is missing. When we were doing well, before the All-Star break, we did not even need them, as Mack, Makar, Rantanen, or even the likes of Colton, Drouin, Wood or O´Connor would play well and outscore the opposition each game - i watched the game against Washington, when O´Connor scored hattrick and it felt almost effortless. It did not mean, we are world beaters, primed for the Cup, but neither does mean current shitty form we are a bad team, out of the blue. So dont panic. Hopefully we will get our mojo back soon, Nuke and Landy return for playoffs and maybe add someone at deadline and we will be fine.
Yeah we need to chill with the ups and downs of the regular season. It's pretty meaningless. Having said that, management needs to prepare the team for the postseason and that means proper team construction and a successful TDL. There is work to do.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
After the Florida game going off per/60 numbers to account for games played differentials the Avs are:

9th in Corsi
6th in Scoring Chance %
9th in High Danger Chance %
9th in Shooting %
28th in Save %

So uh.... a slight issue in goal. Lol.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad