Post-Game Talk: The All-Star breaktime wasn't sufficient for the boys... (Devils 3-2 Habs)

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
Drouin was noticeable today for the worst reasons , hopefully he redeems himself tomorrow.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
The loss today illustrated the need for a good goal scorer on this team, we always pile up the shots but way too often we seem to lack the finish on those chances. There is no way NJ is in that game at all if are able to convert on those chances and there were plenty, we need that selfish sniper type of player.

I don't blame Niemi, the first goal was on a 5 on 3 and he was completely screened, the second goal shouldn't have even been a scoring chance if Drouin has even a pee wee level of awareness in his game and he does not. The OT goal saw Mete play like a beer league D and the player took him wide and he couldn't recover. We outshot them and it should have been over in the second period if we could convert on our chances . Stop blaming the goalies hab fans, they are the least of our problems.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
B level talent getting B level results, no surprise. Team played pretty good regardless.

Reactions: mariolemieux66

Harpo

Lyle forever
Sep 20, 2007
Quebec City
agreed that I don't see Chaput getting claimed.

Peca being owed 1.3M next year, could mean teams would not pick him since he doesn't have a lot of NHL experience for what he's paid.

DLO I could see teams wanting him for more toughness but has he been that physical this year? I can't say since I haven't seen that many games in a while but every time I do watch the Habs I wonder why he's dressed. 2 goals, 1 assist.

Hudon perhaps a bottom team like LA would be interested to see if he can bounce back or not of if they think they can help him get quicker.
I'd definitely take a chance on Hudon on waivers if I was out of the playoffs. Give him a real chance on the top 6/9 and see where it leads him. Basically like Scherback, but Hudon already has a 30 points season in the NHL. He still has upside, but it won't happen on the 4th line in Montreal.

DLO had a good year last year and is a decent player if you want an "enforcer". There would be takers.

As you said, Peca's weakness is his contract. He's in the same situation as Hudon: could contribute more, but is scratched most of the time and generally only plays 1 game out of 5.

I see no upside in Agostino or Chaput, and no reason to play them in our situation. Let's make sure Hudon and Peca suck before waiving them instead of these AHLers.

knuck

On and off fan
Sponsor
Mar 26, 2006
La Prairie Beach
I forgot about the Snore Bowl and thought the game was at the usual time. I show up and it just ended minutes ago. damn

Licentia

Jun 29, 2004
We knew they were at a disadvantage, after such a long lay-off. I'm happy to get a point out of this. I think this was an acceptable outcome in this scenario, especially considering that Price didn't play.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
The loss today illustrated the need for a good goal scorer on this team, we always pile up the shots but way too often we seem to lack the finish on those chances. There is no way NJ is in that game at all if are able to convert on those chances and there were plenty, we need that selfish sniper type of player.

I don't blame Niemi, the first goal was on a 5 on 3 and he was completely screened, the second goal shouldn't have even been a scoring chance if Drouin has even a pee wee level of awareness in his game and he does not. The OT goal saw Mete play like a beer league D and the player took him wide and he couldn't recover. We outshot them and it should have been over in the second period if we could convert on our chances . Stop blaming the goalies hab fans, they are the least of our problems.
Yes, yes, and freakin yes! When was the last time we had a player in the top-20 in scoring? It's been years of "The backup stood on his head!" and "Habs outplayed them but lost!". At some point you realize it's not them, it's us. We have a good system; we have very good advanced stats. What we don't have are players to shoot or deflect the puck in the damn net.

I've said this a few times before: The Habs are like Abbott without Costello -- a setup in search of a punchline.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Best part for me was watching Kotkaniemi continue to improve. 52 NHL games have made a noticeable difference -- he's much more solid on his skates, doesn't fall as easily, his puck control is more confident and stronger, his passing is smarter, and he's not shooting blindly as often as he was just a couple of months ago.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Yes, yes, and freakin yes! When was the last time we had a player in the top-20 in scoring? It's been years of "The backup stood on his head!" and "Habs outplayed them but lost!". At some point you realize it's not them, it's us. We have a good system; we have very good advanced stats. What we don't have are players to shoot or deflect the puck in the damn net.

I've said this a few times before: The Habs are like Abbott without Costello -- a setup in search of a punchline.
Teams can hang around with us for this very reason, I said it in the GDT in the second period that I feared that the Devils could go up 2-1 because we were unable to bury them and realistically we should have won by at least 4-1 but simply no finish. We don't really have a first line and the scoring/points stats prove it and the pp proves it. The lack of talent is showing but we are getting solid performances from other areas that helps us hang in there. I am a big proponent of getting some top picks for a few years and only because of what we are lacking. Where we stand is solidly on middle ground, where is our direction? Do you know Lshap?

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
Habs prety much dominated the game. Devils ultra opportunistic where they capitalizes on a few rushes and boom.

BTW these fools already completely forgot what Julien teached them on the PP. When they returned from working with him, what were doing? Find every means to pass it to Weber then rush the net. They almost never passed it to him tonight. I mean can't they remember what they did only freaking two weeks ago? these guys are almost autistic the way keep doing the same things over and over

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I have been a terrible influence on you and for that I apologize, nah not really, **** that. How was your nap?

Totally KO’ed, had a lot of sleep debt. Sleeping is not so bad, could think of worse ways to forget where I am for several hours.

Looks like I didn’t miss all that much. Fun to read post game thoughts, seeing recurring themes.

Please keep sending those sleep-inducing vibes. :D

Last edited:

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Totally KO’ed, had a lot of sleep debt. Sleeping is not so bad, could think of worse ways to forget where I am for several hours.

Looks like I didn’t miss all that much. Fun to read post game thoughts, seeing recurring themes.

Please keep sending those sleep-inducing vibes. :D
A good nap never hurt any one. I am 89 years young, take my advice.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad