Not open for further replies.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Those PED’s did you well a few years ago :laugh:

You didn't see nothin' :naughty:

miller_topv3.jpg

I broke that scoreboard today. 467 feet.

Reactions: NewYorkNick

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
OG SOM was one of the most brilliant games I ever played. Summer of ‘93. My older bro and got to duo an RPG together. The 3D version look weird and the reviews are crap so I’m a little skeptical.

SNES had some incredible RPG’s.

The character voices are a little cheesy but you get some character plot which is cool, get to know them better and their personalities. The 3D is ok, nothing special but the music i think was the better upgrade. To give you one example, Not sure if you remember the cool tune when the Mana Fortress rises, but the remake, you can hear the difference, well done, imo.

Check out this clip, gives you an idea of the new graphics and the music..

Reactions: NewYorkNick

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
Has anyone picked up the Secret of Mana remake? It has mixed reviews but think it was not bad. The 3D is meh and character acting is ok, but the music and battle system is def better. So thought it was still worth it. I know @Ail is a classic FF fan wonder if he ever played the original.

Remake no, original yes and I'm actually not a huge fan TBH. Hated the battle system being a FF purist. Although it is widely considered a classic RPG for SNES. I thought Chrono Trigger took what they were trying to do and did it way better.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
Remake no, original yes and I'm actually not a huge fan TBH. Hated the battle system being a FF purist. Although it is widely considered a classic RPG for SNES. I thought Chrono Trigger took what they were trying to do and did it way better.

Despite being a FF fanatic, I found the different combat system in SOM to be fun and different. I think the story was the most compelling part of that game for me though.

Chronic trigger was a better game as far as “gameplay” though, if that makes any sense.

Final Fantasy 3 was as good as it got for RPG’s on the snes imo. Story. Characters. Graphics. Gameplay. Music. It had everything.

Reactions: Ail

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
FF tactics was awesome too. But a game I enjoyed more than that was Vandal Hearts on PS1. I remember staying up all night as a teen playing that game. Absolute brilliance.

Dragon Force on the Sega Saturn was a ****ing masterpiece too. Can’t even find that game anymore for a reasonable price.

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York

I hear ya, but yeah If I compare CT to SOM, CT is the better one, even liked it better than some FFs. Which probably is why it made Chrono Cross disappointing for me. Was not a bad game, just was expecting something different. I guess we RPG’ers are stubborn sometimes. Lol.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
I hear ya, but yeah If I compare CT to SOM, CT is the better one, even liked it better than some FFs. Which probably is why it made Chrono Cross disappointing for me. Was not a bad game, just was expecting something different. I guess we RPG’ers are stubborn sometimes. Lol.

I loved chrono cross. The opening theme still gives me goosebumps.

Reactions: Bodi Finds the Fire

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I loved chrono cross. The opening theme still gives me goosebumps.

Like I said, thought it was not bad, but the story was a little confusing to me. I have to give it another try, because it had some good elements to it.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
Like I said, thought it was not bad, but the story was a little confusing to me. I have to give it another try, because it had some good elements to it.

No you’re absolutely right, it was confusing AF.

It wasn’t till my second time around beating it where it completely made sense

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
Chrono Cross and Xenogears are two big titles I never played. Final Fantasy tactics is fun, but I can't play it for long periods of time. Breath of Fire is another popular one I've not completed.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
Speaking of Genesis top games, Shining Force 1/2 are absolute gems if you enjoy RPG turn based tactical type games.

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
FF tactics was awesome too. But a game I enjoyed more than that was Vandal Hearts on PS1. I remember staying up all night as a teen playing that game. Absolute brilliance.

Dragon Force on the Sega Saturn was a ****ing masterpiece too. Can’t even find that game anymore for a reasonable price.
Most saturn games are ridiculously expensive. It's because sega botched the the launch of it in the us and, as a result, sunk the company and the saturn. Therefore, it's harder to find American copies of Saturn games because there were less made compared to N64 or PS1 games.

It's a shame, because the Saturn is an awesome console with some awesome games. Probably a controversial opinion, but I think the Saturn has a stronger library than the dreamcast.

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
Anyone really good at finding PC parts for a good price outside of graphics cards? Need a new PC to play games with and I feel dirty if I just bought a made on on ebay already. Light gaming (WoW, rocket league, etc) and a couple simulators. I was just gonna go on ebay and put a few offers in on some pre-made ones and see what I can get.

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Chrono Cross and Xenogears are two big titles I never played. Final Fantasy tactics is fun, but I can't play it for long periods of time. Breath of Fire is another popular one I've not completed.

I've played Breath of Fire 2, thought it was pretty good. I am currently replaying FF XV, had just finished SOM remake and the FF XII Zodiac Age.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
I've played Breath of Fire 2, thought it was pretty good. I am currently replaying FF XV, had just finished SOM remake and the FF XII Zodiac Age.

Did you get the Royal Edition add ons? Heard the game is much better with them.

Makes you wonder why the hell they released the game a year and a half ago when it was basically a beta version.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad