OT: The All-Purpose Video Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
You excited for the new one that came out today? I can't wait for my finals to be done so I can sit down and play it. It's weird to see Kratos as a dad though :laugh:

I've heard it's a little different, but I'm definitely going to give it a shot at some point.

I'm interested in the story for sure, to see how fatherhood as humanized Kratos. When his first family died, he became and empty killing machine with no empathy, trying to fill a hole he could never fill. Now that he has a family again, what is he like?

Definitely one of my favorite characters of all time.

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
Did you play the DLC? Still need to pick that up, heard it was good.

Rn I’m just waiting for Octopath Traveler to come out on Switch. Finna be the best JRPG since Chrono Trigger.
The Frozen wilds? It was a little weird at first, didn't know what to expect but it was very good

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
I'm continuing my gaming delay of 6-12 months. I have ME andromida to play next, any feedback?

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
Is FortNite almost definitely going to be the next thing, or are the weebos just pulling my leg again? They said Overwatch/h1z1/etc. where going to topple Riot's Tencent's MOBA-MapleStory Money Machine. I'm burnt with LoL.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Is FortNite almost definitely going to be the next thing, or are the weebos just pulling my leg again? They said Overwatch/h1z1/etc. where going to topple Riot's Tencent's MOBA-MapleStory Money Machine. I'm burnt with LoL.
It's probably going to stay as the best BR game for a while. Seems to be putting PUBG into the ground. Ninja is constantly getting 100k viewers playing it on Twitch. Hell, he even played it with Drake a few weeks ago, and tweeted at Mark Cuban last night about possibly playing with him.

I don't think it'll compete with LoL just because it's a different genre.

Richard Banger

Mamba Mentality
Sep 29, 2017
Was Oklahoma now Texas
It's probably going to stay as the best BR game for a while. Seems to be putting PUBG into the ground. Ninja is constantly getting 100k viewers playing it on Twitch. Hell, he even played it with Drake a few weeks ago, and tweeted at Mark Cuban last night about possibly playing with him.

I don't think it'll compete with LoL just because it's a different genre.

Ninja already did a Vegas show and their talking about ESL possibly. The game is only going to get bigger. That and it being free to play also helps the growth.

And @ReggieDunlop68 it is the next big thing.

Youtubers are all over this game and are generating tons of content.

Kaapo Cabana

Next name: Admiral Kakkbar
Sep 5, 2014
Philadelphia
HZD has consumed my life for the past few months.

The combat is so good, and they really do a great job of making it seem like any wrong step could get you killed.

ill prepared for a big battle? dead
pick a fight where other machines notice and participate? dead
underestimate a machine? dead

there is a lot of trial and error in this game.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Can't wait for Monster Hunter: World to be released on PC.

Also...damn GPU prices. Saw an RX 580 8GB for ~$210 with shipping the other day. Should have bit. Would like that or a 1060 6GB dual-fan.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
Bought a Switch, 3DS XL and SNES mini classic all within a week and have no time to play any of them. Not sure what to play first anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->