The All-Purpose Peter Horachek Thread

ErikP803

Mar 29, 2010
How is it solid system?

The team got worse offensively and defensively.

Only team we can beat in theast 14 games is Edmonton.

I don't think you can judge his system on the first 14 games though...there's an acclimatization process, especially when you're asking players to play a style of hockey that's less "fun". It's reportedly very close to the Nashville system of the Trotz era, so it's not like he's had a bad teacher. I'd recommend you give it more time and players better suited to playing it before making a blanket judgement like that.

YOYOTCROSTER*

Nothing to do with Horachek he was told to institute a defensive system like Nashville so management could make a final determination on the core group. Fact is it had nothing to do with Carlyle either. Carlyle made it perfectly clear to management that current Leafs personnel did not have the skills to play a defensive game. My understanding is Shanny is now very comfortable with unloading the core for picks and prospects. It starts with Franson deal with Nashville for its #1 pick this year and next and a prospect which Lupul may be part of. Then you will see a few more deals where Leafs go for picks. Look for Bernier and Phaneuf to move back out west to either Ducks or Oilers. Lastly you may see Kessel go but Leafs want 2 number1s this year and next and a prospect. If he goes to a good team then an nhl defenceman will be required in addition too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad