Pre-Game Talk: The All Purpose Off Day Thread | Schultz, Murray Practice with Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeedleInTheHay

Mar 26, 2008
Why even bring sprong up at this point? It's a lost season, let him tear up the ahl and join the club next year.

The pens should be looking to sell Hornqvist, cole, hunwick, and maybe a couple other older players.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Why even bring sprong up at this point? It's a lost season, let him tear up the ahl and join the club next year.

The pens should be looking to sell Hornqvist, cole, hunwick, and maybe a couple other older players.

Why is it a bad idea to get some NHL games into a young player? He’ll be better for it.

There’s a lot of the season left so it’s not lost. I’m sure there were many that thought that when Letang wasn’t coming back, Murray got injured and Washington got Shattenkirk.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Yea, it's not totally lost yet.
Almost but JR had no choice after another loss where no one can buy anything 5on5.
Just enjoy Sprong'er if he plays well. It'd be nice if he was THE piece to turn the season around but JR has a long ways to go.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012

It's trending towards being completely lost of a season, but it's not yet.

If there is anything you can claim at this moment, it's that the Pens should be open for business and this time, not just small tinker trades, but maybe some sweeping changes in some areas, there are some disturbing trends with this team right now, but all is not lost, yet.

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh
It's trending towards being completely lost of a season, but it's not yet.

If there is anything you can claim at this moment, it's that the Pens should be open for business and this time, not just small tinker trades, but maybe some sweeping changes in some areas, there are some disturbing trends with this team right now, but all is not lost, yet.
might as well wait till the trade deadline. prices should be up.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
might as well wait till the trade deadline. prices should be up.

I agree, with Hornqvist, I would definitely wait. But I would hope for some additions to the bottom 6 in the mean time. Or this time, keep putting Sprong in a position to succeed and see if maybe the right side is finally perfectly sorted out when Rust is back, the left wing side is something JR can't sleep on right now. Go make that move for Pouliot, then wait to see how that works.

Guentzel, Crosby, Hornqvist
Hagelin, Malkin, Sprong
Simon, Sheahan, Kessel
Sheary, Rowney, Reaves

If Sully must...(because Guentz & Kessel have some interesting chemistry too and getting Crosby's head removed from his ample rear that Colby Armstrong still pines for is also very very important)...

Guentzel, Crosby, Kessel
Hagelin, Malkin, Sprong
Sheary, Sheahan, Hornqvist
Simon, Rowney, Reaves

Edit: If Buffalo and Pittsburgh are talking trade...

I'd love to get Girgensons from them as well as Pouliot if Sheary, Cole + a pick or Hall if Botts covets that moron.

Guentzel, Crosby, Kessel
Hagelin, Malkin, Sprong
Pouliot, Girgensons, Hornqvist
Simon, Sheahan, Rust

Last edited:

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
When you play around with line combos now that Sprong is up and happen upon something like this which Sully could've been utlizing:

Sheary-Sid-Horny
Jake-G-Phil
Hags-Sheahan-Sprong
Simon/ZAR/DiPauli-Rowney-Rust

FeelsBadMan.
When Rust gets back. Sully just needs to DO IT!

Basically need Rust back to fill the pk'ing void then kick Kuhnackl anywhere, waive him, whatever and play better youth.
Turn a Hags or Sheary into a Kane type.
Get an ace 2-way 3C...
Things maybe start turning around/back to 4 lines deep.

Last edited:
Reactions: ZeroPucksGiven

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida

Because he's ready. Even if the season was lost you look for positives going into next year and he's one of them.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh

It blows my mind when a Penguin fan has this mindset after 2009 and 2016. Blows my mind. If they took your advice, they'd have 2 cups less. Great stuff.....

Did they just dig themselves a massive hole? Hell yes. But give up? Dumb.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
It blows my mind when a Penguin fan has this mindset after 2009 and 2016. Blows my mind. If they took your advice, they'd have 2 cups less. Great stuff.....

Ya, not exactly the kind of person you want on the bench with you.

This team has won b2b cups, the latest without their #1 blueliner. If people don't believe in their resiliency after that, more power to them I guess.

Maybe this time they can't overcome the obstacles in their way, but it seems pretty silly to give up on them. Maybe 3 years ago I could understand, but now?

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
How much alcohol will be consumed beforehand ?

Get going....
zuidam.jpg

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005

I agree.

It's early now but the time may come when it's time to make a decision on whether to fish or cut bait. We definitely aren't there yet.

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
Anyone have the time and/or inclination to do a GDT for tonight? If no one volunteers, I can do one, but that will pretty much guarantee a loss.

Also, only one game for January has been claimed, so volunteers for next month would be greatly appreciated.

Please and thank, you :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad