Pre-Game Talk: The All Purpose Off Day Thread | Because 60 Minutes Just Isn't Enough

Status
Not open for further replies.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Idle thought... but if they want to trade Sprong, surely giving him some time with Sid in a sheltered role is the best way to boost his value anyway?

To me that only proves that Sid is god-like, which he is, and can do anything with any line-mates, which he does. Don't see how that helps Sprong out.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
To me that only proves that Sid is god-like, which he is, and can do anything with any line-mates, which he does. Don't see how that helps Sprong out.

It would help us out in terms of getting a better value.

But maybe we're barking up the wrong tree and they're more interested in moving Rust?

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Can the Penguins make this song one of their warm-ups songs?

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Eh... at this point I'll be happy to see Sprong move on for his sake.

Missed the last few games. Looks like that was for the best. I see HGH is back together. I know you'll all be shocked to hear me say my prediction is that doesn't pan out at all. Not that I was exactly pleased with ALL of the things the Geno/Phil combo were doing out there. But at least they were playing on the same planet and could get each other the puck.

Hags and Horns on the same line is just too many ham fists. Regardless of who is in the middle.

Reactions: John Titor

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Who thinks old man JR got confused when he wanted that Derek/Derick guy from NYR from a few years ago.

Except he really wanted Stepan not Brassard but just got confused?

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Who thinks old man JR got confused when he wanted that Derek/Derick guy from NYR from a few years ago.

Except he really wanted Stepan not Brassard but just got confused?

I know he's been getting short-changed and not really given an ideal scenario to succeed on this team, but I unfortunately have moved on over to the 'Brassard is not a good fit on this team' team and have abandoned my Brassard just needs time to adjust view.
And I do so with a bit of sadness. If he did what he has done/as advertised the Penguins would be so much more of a daunting team to get match-ups against.

Unfortunately... he must be moved and that stinks. Brassard is another victim of just not having any room to wiggle around with on this team.

Calad

Section 422
Jul 24, 2011
Long Island
Hey Pens fans. So, Dominik Simon, is he for real? I know he's riding a bit of a hot streak, but does he look like he'll be riding shotgun to Sid long term?

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
I'm with JR. Sully and the core are here to stay for the duration of this window. If they fail, they fail. No one else on this team is safe though.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Hey Pens fans. So, Dominik Simon, is he for real? I know he's riding a bit of a hot streak, but does he look like he'll be riding shotgun to Sid long term?

He’s coming along nicely still early. Probably will be a 3rd liner but has some chemistry with Crosby so it works for now. Probably will be a 30 point player maybe more depending on how consistent he’ll be.

Reactions: Riikolas Revenge

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Brassard truly has exceeded expectations at that facet of his game. I mean... even as a Penguin and everything that entails injury-wise... he has been a standout.

I believe his injury/60 and +/- injury is second best on the team next to Schultz...he’s really been a revelation and his fit with this team is secured...good job

Reactions: EightyOne

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
To be honest, it's idiotic that Sullivan keeps force feeding Rust onto that line. Especially this season, when Rust as an individual is playing like total ass.

It's called "accountability".

Idle thought... but if they want to trade Sprong, surely giving him some time with Sid in a sheltered role is the best way to boost his value anyway?

Sullivan would sooner burn PPG to the ground than give Sprong time with Sid or Geno this year.

It happened one shift by accident and a great play took place. This cannot stand.

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
At this point I never expect to see another 2016 like pens team... well... for a long long time. Maybe if I get a clone or an AI me I'll live to see it again. That season was just brilliant domination.
For now I'll take just something that isn't like the last 5 games.
That was a team that was ahead of its time. One that caused a shift in the way teams play. Yea it'll be a while before we see that again.

BladeRunner66

Two-Headed Jerk
Oct 23, 2017
Just looked up next game, ok... sooo we have the same # of pts as the friggin' Coyotes after 14 games?!?

Now, i'm sure most of you will agree that we have to crush'em Coyotes, shake'em into juice, boil'em into gas, evaporate'em into... ok just win will ya?

...or this board might implode.
Texas_Stadium_Implosion_lg.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad