The All Purpose "It Grinds My Gears" Roster Decisions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Get North

Aug 25, 2013
B.C.
Theres a number of posts in the last couple pages as to why its a bad idea.
Riding lack whose clearly fatigued cant end well. Either short term or short first round. Fatigue always catches up with you.
Lack for another 1-3 games is not too much. I get the point but once #2 is basically clinched, Lack can get 1-2 weeks off. Besides, Miller is probably back in 2-3 weeks so he takes over the net soon. He might be rusty but Lack is there with more than enough rest.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Lack for another 1-3 games is not too much. I get the point but once #2 is basically clinched, Lack can get 1-2 weeks off. Besides, Miller is probably back in 2-3 weeks so he takes over the net soon. He might be rusty but Lack is there with more than enough rest.

Nope (if you mean for playoffs).

go canucks go*

prediction - miller gets the playoffs and chokes 3 games away against calgary. lack comes in and wins 4 straight for the canucks.

go canucks go*

Kenins absolutely destroys Gaudreau

That would make it perfect

monahan rushing out of the zone, baertschi's first game called up, game 6 OT, baertschi intercepts and splits the defense, pulling a datsyukian deke, beating hiller to win the series and cellying in front of all the distraught Calgary fans

Proto

Jan 30, 2010
monahan rushing out of the zone, baertschi's first game called up, game 6 OT, baertschi intercepts and splits the defense, pulling a datsyukian deke, beating hiller to win the series and cellying in front of all the distraught Calgary fans

Yes, except Willie Desjardins sits Baertschi on the bench for all of OT.

tc 23

#GaunceForGM
Dec 11, 2012
Vancouver

Enter the Saviour. You don’t fly out Miller for one practice unless you’re planning to try and get him a regular season game.

“It could happen,” Benning said. “We want him to start seeing NHL shots.

“We’re going to take it day by day.”

Day-to-day already?

Clearly, he’s not as far away as people have assumed, even if Willie said “he’s quite a ways away … He’s not ready to play for a while.”

If a regular season game is already possibly in the plans, we’re setting up for a scenario where Miller is ready to at the start of the postseason. Now, that should be interesting.
http://blogs.theprovince.com/2015/0...playing-and-well-always-have-duncan-flamingo/

Seems like Miller will be making a return sometime soon, as they're flying him into Winnipeg tomorrow to join the team. Safe to say we'll be riding Miller heading into the playoffs?

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
Why is Miller joining the team to not play given wpeg is the last game of the road trip? Two plane flights, hotel rooms etc for nothing instead of resting, rehabbing and training from the comfort of home.

arsmaster*

Why is Miller joining the team to not play given wpeg is the last game of the road trip? Two plane flights for nothing.

Prepping the fans for when he gets game 1 of the playoffs.

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver
Why is Miller joining the team to not play given wpeg is the last game of the road trip? Two plane flights, hotel rooms etc for nothing instead of resting, rehabbing and training from the comfort of home.

He needs to practice with the team.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
Management wants to see what they have in Markstrom anyways, don't they? Can't protect him forever, if you believe he is truly going to be worth keeping over Lack, playing him should be no problem.

It was a joke to start with to think Markstrom was ever worth keeping over Lack.

My guess is they wanted to clinch first, then play Markstrom. But I agree. We cannot keep shielding him. If he's not up to snuff, then let him go and hope you can convince Lack to re-sign. This whole scenario came about because management just had to give Miller exactly what he wanted.

Nomobo

Feb 20, 2015
Victoria
Miller is still the #1, if he puts up some good games before the playoffs, he will start, as he should.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
He needs to practice with the team.

Err how much practice is he going to get if he leaves today, they play tomorrow and fly back tomorrow night or the next morn. Game day stretches? Light pregame warm up? Did they schedule a late practice today so he could fly in and go to the rink?

Rotting Corpse*

Sep 20, 2003
Kelowna, BC

http://blogs.theprovince.com/2015/0...playing-and-well-always-have-duncan-flamingo/

Seems like Miller will be making a return sometime soon, as they're flying him into Winnipeg tomorrow to join the team. Safe to say we'll be riding Miller heading into the playoffs?

The odds are pretty good that we've clinched a spot within the next 4-5 days. It would absolutely make sense to get Miller some action before the season ends; Lack+Miller for the playoffs is definitely better than Lack+Markstrom.

It wouldn't shock me to see the team play both during the playoffs; teams do that nowadays.

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC
The odds are pretty good that we've clinched a spot within the next 4-5 days. It would absolutely make sense to get Miller some action before the season ends; Lack+Miller for the playoffs is definitely better than Lack+Markstrom.

It wouldn't shock me to see the team play both during the playoffs; teams do that nowadays.

Agreed with this. Do I want Lack to be our guy? Yes. Am I THAT confident in Lack that I don't want Miller as the backup over Markstrom? No. It benefits all parties involved to get Miller some games to prep for the playoffs and to get Markstrom back to Utica.

Besides, as some have already said, for all we know the organization could be planning on starting Miller for the playoffs, thereby making his joining the team now essential.

Booshami

Apr 19, 2012
Vancouver
Benning said on the TSN 1040 radio today that Miller might be ready to play in the play-offs. He said he might get him to play the last game. Is one game even enough to be ready for the play-offs after coming off an injury like that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad