The All Purpose "It Grinds My Gears" Roster Decisions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Over/under kassian traded in the next two weeks?

TL12

Cam Barker MVP
Jan 3, 2014
Vancouver
If Kassian gets traded:

He either continues in the hole he's in.

or

He plays like a DEMIGOD, but only for the rest of the season, and then continues his poor play on the next season.

I just don't see him booming anymore, any player can look great vs. Buffalo

Such a shame, he's one of my favorite players on this team too. I only wish the best for him regardless if he gets traded or not.

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
Over/under kassian traded in the next two weeks?

He better be with how he's being treated. I love the guy and wish he would be here long-term, but I can't stand to see how he's being used. He finally plays well for the first time in a while and instead of letting him get on a roll they scratch him. Meanwhile Sbisa almost never gets scratched despite his constant poor play.

Willie logic.

Canucks LB

Oct 12, 2008
He better be with how he's being treated. I love the guy and wish he would be here long-term, but I can't stand to see how he's being used. He finally plays well for the first time in a while and instead of letting him get on a roll they scratch him. Meanwhile Sbisa almost never gets scratched despite his constant poor play.

Willie logic.

Every coach in the NHL plays favorites, even Babcock the best coach in the NHL.

Last edited by a moderator:

StickShift

In a pickle 🥒
Feb 29, 2004
New York
This thread is kind of pointless.... "All purpose roster discussion thread" ???

That is so catch all that you could roll EVERY single thread in this forum into this one.

Stonz

Oct 10, 2006
Burnaby, BC
The mishandling of this player continues. Baffling really.

If they trade him now for peanuts, it's just piss poor asset management. I'm sure some will try to defend it with the usual "addition by subtraction" nonsense though.

Really hope it doesn't go down that way, and they actually get decent return. We shouldn't be trading him in the first place, but if they're going to keep up this nonsense, they might as well.

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver
This thread is kind of pointless.... "All purpose roster discussion thread" ???

That is so catch all that you could roll EVERY single thread in this forum into this one.

Seeing as every single thread is constantly getting derailed with complaining about Sbisa, Kassian, etc yeah, its necessary. GDTs are now more the Zack Kassian thread than discussing the actual game.

StickShift

In a pickle 🥒
Feb 29, 2004
New York
Seeing as every single thread is constantly getting derailed with complaining about Sbisa, Kassian, etc yeah, its necessary. GDTs are now more the Zack Kassian thread than discussing the actual game.

So then what is the point of the "Player Discussion: Zack Kassian" thread?

Canucks LB

Oct 12, 2008

Call it the All purpose rant thread?, Would make this thread a place for people to vent.

Svechnikov*

Kassian needs to get off this team to open up space for young guys that have NHL commitment. Kenins made less mistakes in his first game then Kassian did in the last 2 games.

cant wait cant wait cant wait

Brock Boeser

Mar 11, 2013
Hope he does well on his upcoming team, but I highly doubt he becomes anything in this league. He needs to be more Todd but wants to be more Henrik,if that made any sense.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
So then what is the point of the "Player Discussion: Zack Kassian" thread?

We'll sometimes those threads turn into player vs player debates like Vey vs Kassian this year and the Weber/Stanton/Sbisa lineup decisions.

Jun 15, 2014
Incredibly pissed that Kassian isn't playing tonight, I really liked him with Horvat. Whatever, I guess he's gone anyway.

Edit: I like this thread idea, lots of times when I just wanna go on a little rant during the game about these things.

Verviticus

Jul 23, 2010

gdts are still hopefully going to contain that discussion, seeing as its relevant to the game ?

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
Pickle Time Deli & Market
Everytime we have seen Horvat and Kassian together they have looked good. Don't understand why you'd split those 2 up.

Stanton-Clendenning needs to happen they played together in the AHL

Rotting Corpse*

Sep 20, 2003
Kelowna, BC
I am feeling more and more detached from the team with every decision they make. Seeing Weber out of the lineup after his great game the other night and - surprise- we're getting shut out, and of course Sbisa stays in because he was a part of the Kesler trade so no matter how much he sucks he can't be touched. It just makes me sick. **** this team, seriously.

BassMason

Dec 1, 2006
I really hope the media press Coach D for a real answer on the Kassian scratching. I mean come on Kenins? Are you kidding me? Kassian was instrumental in the first goal against Buffalo, was involved and seemed to be trending upwards in general.

Same goes for playing Luca from Panago.

This team is frustrating.

Rotting Corpse*

Sep 20, 2003
Kelowna, BC
No matter what happens this season - and I firmly believe we will make the playoffs and can be a threat if Miller catches fire - I feel more and more like I can't follow this team as long as Jim Benning is the GM. All this ******** is just making it not fun for me as a fan.

If we trade Kassian or Lack or sign Sbisa to an extension I might have to call it quits for awhile.

Svechnikov*

I really hope the media press Coach D for a real answer on the Kassian scratching. I mean come on Kenins? Are you kidding me? Kassian was instrumental in the first goal against Buffalo, was involved and seemed to be trending upwards in general.

Same goes for playing Luca from Panago.

This team is frustrating.

This was an early start on a Sunday at home. This game was probably circled on the calendar to test the players off ice commitment. WD will never give us the truth if there was an issue here though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad