The All-Purpose 6th Overall Discussion Thread - Part X

Rey

Jan 11, 2007
Well, if people have questions about a north south guy, with low Hockey IQ. Just look at Kris Kreider. He turned out okay...

Tb0ne

Nov 29, 2004
Victoria
People have brought up a number of interesting points about Virtanen. Cautiously optimistic about this pick.
If only the Kesler trade gave us a pick high enough to add Ritchie, Nylander or Ehlers.

Raistlin

Aug 25, 2006
Do enlighten with what you would have done for the Kesler situation. I would LOVE to hear it.

I think they are dead set on getting a current player, they must've targeted Bonino in the first place, instead of rebuilding like they should be, since Hurricanes went off the board, thats 10th pick has a high chance to be any of the 4 in the poll, getting two of them would've be a good consolation prize.

I'm pissed off at Garrison and Dorset for a 3rd, I'm pissed at swapping that 3rd pick. We should'nt be in 'happy to be a bubble team mode' we should be rebuilding.

Both Richie and Virtanen would've been sweet.

Last edited:

Drop the Sopel

May 4, 2007
calgary
Not a big fan of this pick.

If nothing else, pure goalscorers are the quickest NHL ready type out there. Throw in Virtanen's frame and this guy should have a good shot at a soter spot a year from now.

Who knows, maybe he kills it with the Sedins?

cc

Feb 28, 2002
Not a big fan of this pick.

If nothing else, pure goalscorers are the quickest NHL ready type out there. Throw in Virtanen's frame and this guy should have a good shot at a soter spot a year from now.

Who knows, maybe he kills it with the Sedins?

By the time he makes it, I doubt the sedins are here

fancouver

Jan 15, 2009
Vancouver
I really think this guy is going to be our own Evander Kane.

Youngest player in the top 10
45 goal pedigree
Hits like a truck
Top 6 potential

A bit surprised Fleury went 7th

Drop the Sopel

May 4, 2007
calgary
By the time he makes it, I doubt the sedins are here

I don't know. Goalscorers prime years are very early. Usually from 22-25. Wouldn't be surprised if he's on the team a year from now, especially with that 206lb frame.

Don't think it's the right pick. Will reserve judgement a bit until I get to see him play more. haven't had much exposure to Virtanen.

LolClarkson*

I don't know. Goalscorers prime years are very early. Usually from 22-25. Wouldn't be surprised if he's on the team a year from now, especially with that 206lb frame.

Don't think it's the right pick. Will reserve judgement a bit until I get to see him play more. haven't had much exposure to Virtanen.

Hopefully he does good in training camp. And earns a call up

cc

Feb 28, 2002
It's just perfect that ritchie was chosen by the ducks. I guess we'll see close up who will end up the better player.

Jyrki

Benning has been purged! VANmen!
May 24, 2011
溫哥華
Given how people are reacting to Jake coming home, I bet he'll be average in his first few years, then he'll be shipped to the Blues, be a 50-goal scorer, become the organization's president and winning the Stanley Cup.

dman34

May 6, 2011
wow.....no matter who we pick now, Linden/Benning duo hasn't impressed me at all with their performance today.

Lol....how can you even begin to judge the moves today? What would you have done if you were Jim Benning?

Kesler for Crosby?
Garrison for 1OA?

Gotta love all these armchair HF GMs spouting off :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad