The All-Purpose 6th Overall Discussion Thread - Part X

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
I don't see why snow would trade #5 for edler. They need a winger which we don't really have to spare.

Why is virtanen at #6 a bad idea?
I'd be ok with him or ehlers.

GPNuck

Nov 25, 2013
I don't see why snow would trade #5 for edler. They need a winger which we don't really have to spare.

Why is virtanen at #6 a bad idea?
I'd be ok with him or ehlers.

I don't see why aswell but a lot of what Snow does doesn't make any sense..

I've always voted for Ehlers in every one of these polls but for some reason i've switched to Virtanen this time.. I 'm like you i'm happy with either of them

ShouldveDraftedFiala

Feb 20, 2007
Fiala at 6
Bennett at 1

But honestly as long as we don't take Reinhart at 1 or Virtanen at 6 I'll be happy with whoever we take.

LickTheEnvelope

Time to Retool... again...
Dec 16, 2008
Vancouver

I've always voted for Ehlers in every one of these polls but for some reason i've switched to Virtanen this time.. I 'm like you i'm happy with either of them

I don't mind Virtanen, I just feel Ehlers creates a lot more offense. I see Ehlers, Virtanen, Ritchie, Nylander as the group there and feel Ehlers has less warts.

Bps21*

"He's given the 2015 pick to Buffalo which was about the stupidest move a GM in his position could have done especially since they have a crap team and theres a good chance that pick will be a lottery pick next year.. How he still has a job boggles my mind.."

He has an owner looking to sell. No one is looking out for the interest of the franchise. Which is why someone can go ahead and yank a dal colle at their pick for their future for probably much less in trade than would normally be needed. Garth isn't looking out for the islanders...he's looking out for Garth.

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013

I think ehlers will put up more points but virtanen might become a better all around player.
I'd probably go 60/40 Ehlers

Dr Awesome

Yak in the city
Sep 24, 2008
British Columbia
Ehlers or Virtanten at 6 and I am happy. Either way I hope some exciting news happens eventually, this Keslar talk talk is becoming old hat for me. That being said could be interesting picks for prospect pool.

The Iron Goalie

Formally 'OEL for Norris'
Feb 8, 2012
Langley, BC
Ehlers or Virtanten at 6 and I am happy. Either way I hope some exciting news happens eventually, this Keslar talk talk is becoming old hat for me. That being said could be interesting picks for prospect pool.

Ya i'd be fine with Virtanen/Ehlers at 6...as for the Kesler thing i hope we get the 10th...really badly as i see it as the best way for us to get our hands on Barbashev(i think he's captain material)

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
I'll only have belief in Virtanen if Pierre McGuire comes out at the draft and raves about him.

I'll buy into the stock.

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
The more I think about it the more I'm starting to like Virtanen, I still prefer Nylander and Ehlers but if we do pick Virtanen at 6 I wouldn't be too upset, kid remind me of Evander Kane.

racerjoe

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver
So so done else mentioned it in the last thread, but I have been thinking about it. What if buffalo says we are taking LD second? Does edm scramble and try to move up? If they do move up, is 3 far enough back for Fla to take ehlers? What's the price to go from 6 to 3? How would having both SAMs available at 4 effect the draft?

I am actually hoping this does happen as I think the draft just bursts open then.

Bps21*

So so done else mentioned it in the last thread, but I have been thinking about it. What if buffalo says we are taking LD second? Does edm scramble and try to move up? If they do move up, is 3 far enough back for Fla to take ehlers? What's the price to go from 6 to 3? How would having both SAMs available at 4 effect the draft?

I am actually hoping this does happen as I think the draft just bursts open then.

I don't know how Edmonton would know until it's too late. The idea of Ekblad/Draisaitl going 1/2 excites me because I really wonder what Edmonton does. Yeah...having both Sams on the board at 3 will cause a mighty scramble of phone calls I'd guess.

They could just take one of course...but I would find it endlessly amusing that the year they try to address the way they built the roster the two pieces that they'd target go before they pick.

Wilch

Unregistered User
Mar 29, 2010
I don't know how Edmonton would know until it's too late. The idea of Ekblad/Draisaitl going 1/2 excites me because I really wonder what Edmonton does. Yeah...having both Sams on the board at 3 will cause a mighty scramble of phone calls I'd guess.

They could just take one of course...but I would find it endlessly amusing that the year they try to address the way they built the roster the two pieces that they'd target go before they pick.

I think Edmonton would kill for a Tanev and 6th package if Draisaitl/Ekblad are off the boards.

Could see them trade down to take Ritchie or Virtanen.

The Iron Goalie

Feb 8, 2012
Langley, BC
I think Edmonton would kill for a Tanev and 6th package if Draisaitl/Ekblad are off the boards.

Ya i could see that. I'd do that trade just to be assured that we get one of the top centres. Draisaitl's the guy i'd draft at 3.

Wilch

Unregistered User
Mar 29, 2010
Ya i could see that. I'd do that trade just to be assured that we get one of the top centres. Draisaitl's the guy i'd draft at 3.

If Draisaitl is at 3 the Oilers don't make that move.

The idea is to acquire that pick if Ekblad and Draisaitl are no longer available at 3.

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013

Corrado and 6th yeah. Really not sure tanev is worth moving up 3 spots

LiquidSnake

Jun 10, 2011
Vancouver, BC
The more I think about it the more I'm starting to like Virtanen, I still prefer Nylander and Ehlers but if we do pick Virtanen at 6 I wouldn't be too upset, kid remind me of Evander Kane.

I've read more about him and I'd have to agree.

Perhaps it's just me convincing myself :D Like resigned to the fact that they'd take Reinhart at 1 and not Bennett (the guy that is actually a closer comparison to Toews)

DCantheDDad

DisplacedNuckfan
Jul 1, 2013
Edmonton
Looks like we're back on the Virtanen bandwagon now

Just hop on all the bandwagons, just in case :laugh:

If Drasaitl and Ekblad are gone before 3, things will get very interesting. I would imagine there would be some significant action at the Oiler's table.

The Iron Goalie

Feb 8, 2012
Langley, BC
If Draisaitl is at 3 the Oilers don't make that move.

The idea is to acquire that pick if Ekblad and Draisaitl are no longer available at 3.

I know they like Leon, but Tanev+Ritchie could be good for then as well. I know Leons got size, but he isn't nasty, and that's what I think Edmonton needs in there top six Ritchie provides this... I just want Draisaitl darn it!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad