The All Encompassing "Tavares is really a Leaf" Thread

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
I finally decided to give in and this past Saturday at the annual Sport Card Expo at the International Centre I purchased myself a John Tavares home Adidas Jersey. A sports store called Pro Wear Sports who are located in Stouffville had a booth and were selling a lot of Leafs jerseys and I happened to get the last Tavares one in a size 54. The price was $220 however since I paid for it in cash they didn't charge any GST or PST.

Reactions: zaqq

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008
22 points in 18 games now, on pace for 50 goals and 100 points. People thought he was slowing down but really he was creating just as many chances. He's been playing some of the best hockey of his career so far and I wouldn't be surprised to see some Hart considerations if he keeps going.

Reactions: zaqq and Sweet Leaf

Sweet Leaf

Jun 24, 2013
Toronto
JT has 70 shots on goal. Only MacKinnon with 75 has more as a center and he plays 3 minutes more per game.

Then you have Eichel in the 60s and it falls off to a bunch of guys in the 40s from there like Crosby. Malkin has 35 shots.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
JT has 70 shots on goal. Only MacKinnon with 75 has more as a center and he plays 3 minutes more per game.

Then you have Eichel in the 60s and it falls off to a bunch of guys in the 40s from there like Crosby. Malkin has 35 shots.
Tavares has a ton of quality too. he's 3rd in the league in expected goals. I wouldn't be shocked if he challenges for the rocket

Brobust

Sep 29, 2017
I love Tavares so much already.

He combines Matthews' shot and puck protection, Hyman's relentlessness and Marner's passing.

colchar

Apr 26, 2012
I finally decided to give in and this past Saturday at the annual Sport Card Expo at the International Centre I purchased myself a John Tavares home Adidas Jersey. A sports store called Pro Wear Sports who are located in Stouffville had a booth and were selling a lot of Leafs jerseys and I happened to get the last Tavares one in a size 54. The price was $220 however since I paid for it in cash they didn't charge any GST or PST.

My brother gets a discount through Adidas and I was going to snag one for half price, but the Tavares jerseys weren't on their website yet (kind of stupid since they are available everywhere else). I grabbed a Marner instead, and will get a Tavares in the spring, assuming they are available by then.

TmlHockeyFan

Jul 19, 2012
Toronto
Johnny is heart and soul a Leafs player. So glad to have him on our team. Daily reminder that John Tavares is a Toronto Maple Leaf!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad