The All Encompassing "Tavares is really a Leaf" Thread

Subway Schenn

Jun 24, 2018
London, UK
Auston is my favourite player in the league but I think JT is clearly the best candidate to be captain at this point in their careers (given his experience and childhood dream to play for the Leafs, et cetera, et cetera). For the next several years, they will share the responsibilities and Auston will continue to develop his game without the added pressure of the 'C'. JT will hand it over to Auston in 7 years (after a cup win or two ;)).

SoVi3t

Sep 16, 2009
Holy sheeeeet, Tavares is 100%, all the time.

Like, he never seems to give up or not be giving it his all on the ice. He has a hockey spirit buried deep within him.

It's amazing watching him and Marner step on the ice and it's instantly game 7 style hockey coming out of the two of them.

Skin Tape Session

Oct 7, 2017
We really need to find a way to incorporate judas into a nickname that is respectful but also shits on the isles fans fans for being so homicidal..

Ive been calling him Priest as hes the answer to our prayers

pheasant

Nov 2, 2010
Tavares and Matthews combined from the Montreal game:

TOI: 35:33 G:3 SOG:8 BLK:6 FO:20/35 (.57%)

Having these two guys on the same team is unbelievable. What can the other team go when we have this on the ice for over half the game, every game? They are going to be the driving force of a cup contender here for the next 7 years.

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
Y'all noticed how cool and great John Tavares was on the faceoff circle night? I mean mayne, we almost have our key faceoff guy "Sundin" back at cha. That's hard right there.

Eb

Feb 27, 2011
Toronto
During the broadcast Craig Simpson said it looked close to possibly being offside, however the Canadiens didn't think it was since they never challenged it.
Lol, it's funny you said this. I don't think this says much or not if it was actually offside. I was trying to recall of in the playoffs when Babcock didn't challenge a play.

It brought me to this thead: https://hfboards.mandatory.com/thre...against-when-it-looks-like-he-should.2477231/

Which ironically, was started by you.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Lol, it's funny you said this. I don't think this says much or not if it was actually offside. I was trying to recall of in the playoffs when Babcock didn't challenge a play.

It brought me to this thead: https://hfboards.mandatory.com/thre...against-when-it-looks-like-he-should.2477231/

Which ironically, was started by you.
The difference between the Tavares goal last night where Simpson thought it might have been offside compared to the Bruins goal in the playoffs that Babcock did not challenge, there was actual replays which showed it was offside.

Eb

Feb 27, 2011
Toronto
The difference between the Tavares goal last night where Simpson thought it might have been offside compared to the Bruins goal in the playoffs that Babcock did not challenge, there was actual replays which showed it was offside.
Maybe there is a video that shows it was offside? I haven't seen a clear angle/replay of it. It was never televised.

Edit: You're acting like the Bruins play was clearly offside. It still wasn't for certain or not.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Maybe there is a video that shows it was offside? I haven't seen a clear angle/replay of it. It was never televised.

Edit: You're acting like the Bruins play was clearly offside. It still wasn't for certain or not.
I remember during Coaches Corner they showed a replay which clearly showed it was offside and there was this tweet from James Mirtle saying why Babcock never challenged it.

Eb

Feb 27, 2011
Toronto
I remember during Coaches Corner they showed a replay which clearly showed it was offside and there was this tweet from James Mirtle saying why Babcock never challenged it.

So, maybe the Habs team didn't have this "right replay" to challenge it either. You using the Habs not challenging the play, but then critiquing Babs for not challenging is ironic and hypocritical.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
So, maybe the Habs team didn't have this "right replay" to challenge it either. You using the Habs not challenging the play, but then critiquing Babs for not challenging is ironic and hypocritical.
The difference is unlike during the playoffs there was no replay showed later on which clearly showed Tavares was offside or report of Claude Julien being frustrated that he didn't get the right replay to challenge it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad